2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Now I’m not trying to be an AP homer cause I doubt he can replicate the same level of success but I really don’t hate the moves they’ve made so far. 

Hiring Getsy, signing a bottom 5 starting QB, letting Jacobs walk, and losing the entire right side of the OL. Master class performance. 

If anyone would've said 6 months ago that the plan to fix the offense was to lose Jacobs, sign Minshew, and hire Luke Getsy this forum would've cried.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AOC will be 26 years old at the start of next season and was one of the worst passers in the league last year. AOC and Minshew basically produced at the same level last year, a bottom tier type of QB. Why not chase upside with Fields? Either he turns it around or he crashes and burns in which case you can roll with AOC or be in position to land a franchise QB next year. Instead we're doing the typical Raider way, which is the commitment to mediocrity. Not bad enough to land a franchise guy and not good enough to actually compete. 

As I just said Baker and Tannehill were traded for similar hauls, both balled out with new teams. Minshew has basically played on a minimum deal his entire career and was always viewed as a backup, we're the first team to actually pay him and view him as the starter. 

My bad he’s 25yo.

Fields is a huge question mark, we can chase upside with a rookie. Ironic you claiming we are chasing mediocrity when you were pimping Jimmy G this time last year, wanted us to suck for Spencer Rattler 2 years ago and thought Clelin Ferrell was a good pick at #4. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dessie said:

My bad he’s 25yo.

Fields is a huge question mark, we can chase upside with a rookie. Ironic you claiming we are chasing mediocrity when you were pimping Jimmy G this time last year, wanted us to suck for Spencer Rattler 2 years ago and thought Clelin Ferrell was a good pick at #4. 

He'll be 26 at the start of the season. Dude gonna be 30 years old as a developmental prospect. 

Did we really need two mid QB? AOC can provide basically the exact same results as Minshew for a fraction of the cost. 

I mean you just used Luke Getsy as a measuring stick as to why we shouldn't have pursued Fields. The Bears organization valued Fields so much that they passed on a chance at Stroud last off-season to build around him. And Getsy was so piss poor with his development and adjusting his system to suit his strengths that he got fired and the rest of the league viewed him as a 6th round level value. 😶‍🌫️

I'm sure he's going to tear it up with Minshew.

41 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Fields has more upside than Minshew, was half the cost cap wise, and only required a one year commitment. 

Yeah, and Minshew has more ability than AOC.

Let's be really honest, none of them are the correct answer to our QB problem.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Yeah, and Minshew has more ability than AOC.

Let's be really honest, none of them are the correct answer to our QB problem.

Last season:

Minshew: 194.4 ypg | 62.2% comp | 3.1% TD | 1.8% INT | 6.5 YPA | 83.9 QBR

AOC: 201.6 ypg | 62.1% comp | 3.5% TD | 2.0% INT | 6.7 YPA | 84.6 QBR

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He'll be 26 at the start of the season. Dude gonna be 30 years old as a developmental prospect. 

Did we really need two mid QB? AOC can provide basically the exact same results as Minshew for a fraction of the cost. 

I mean you just used Luke Getsy as a measuring stick as to why we shouldn't have pursued Fields. The Bears organization valued Fields so much that they passed on a chance at Stroud last off-season to build around him. And Getsy was so piss poor with his development and adjusting his system to suit his strengths that he got fired and the rest of the league viewed him as a 6th round level value. 😶‍🌫️

I'm sure he's going to tear it up with Minshew.

Nah I said his former OC obviously didn’t recommend him. The Bears thought that much of him they let him go for a 6th round pick. Says everything about they thought of his upside.

Just now, Dessie said:

Nah I said his former OC obviously didn’t recommend him. The Bears thought that much of him they let him go for a 6th round pick. Says everything about they thought of his upside.

They thought his upside was high enough to pass on Young/Stroud a year ago to attempt to build around him. Getsy tanked his career and now you're pairing him with one of the worst starting QB in the league and no Jacobs to lean on. I'm not even joking, this might be the worst offense in franchise history.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Last season:

What were Fields last year ?

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They thought his upside was high enough to pass on Young/Stroud a year ago to attempt to build around him. Getsy tanked his career and now you're pairing him with one of the worst starting QB in the league and no Jacobs to lean on. I'm not even joking, this might be the worst offense in franchise history.

That was a year ago, now they think he’s worth a 6th round pick.

Edited by Dessie

Just now, Dessie said:

What’s were Fields last year ?

Fields: 197.1 ypg | 61.4% comp | 4.3% TD | 2.4% INT | 6.9 YPA | 86.3 QBR

So basically on par with those two as a passer while also adding elite rushing numbers. 

I mean how can Baker or Tannehill have played well? Didn't the league get the memo they were traded for late round picks?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dessie said:

lol

On August 28, 2021, the Jaguars traded Minshew to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for a conditional sixth-round pick in the 2022 NFL draft

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

lol

On August 28, 2021, the Jaguars traded Minshew to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for a conditional sixth-round pick in the 2022 NFL draft

lol comparing Minshew deal to Fields now. Get it into context you are trying to say Fields has so much upside, the Bears turned down Stroud for him so why did they only got a 6th for him? 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Fields: 197.1 ypg | 61.4% comp | 4.3% TD | 2.4% INT | 6.9 YPA | 86.3 QBR

So basically on par with those two as a passer while also adding elite rushing numbers. 

I mean how can Baker or Tannehill have played well? Didn't the league get the memo they were traded for late round picks?

You think Fields was worth turning down Stroud for those numbers lol. 

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Last season:

You can use cherry picked stats to say just about anything.

Minshew is an upgrade on O'Connell at QB.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Last season:

I’m crying laughing. We had Minshew level play already for the cost of a 4th Rounder on a rookie deal and we decided to double down. 

Minshew’s signing makes zero sense in any possible scenario. 

Scenario 1 - We draft a rookie QB in Round 1-2 with plans to sit them for all or part of Year 1.  AOC is perfectly capable of steering the ship and playing decent football while the Rookie adjusts to the NFL. You don’t need Minshew to be a caretaker because you already have one that is dirt cheap. 

Scenario 2 - AOC is the QBOTF. If this is the case why pay high end backup/low end starter money when you can sign a James Winston or Drew Lock for much cheaper. 

Scenario 3 - You plan on rolling with Minshew as the starter and AOC as the backup. See the statline above. If/when Minshew starts stinking it up the Raider Nation will call for AOC and you are stuck with an incredibly expensive backup. 

• Like 1