2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

43 minutes ago, Dessie said:

You think Fields was worth turning down Stroud for those numbers lol. 

I personally don't, I do think Fields for a conditional 6th at $3M was a better value than Minshew. 

32 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

You can use cherry picked stats to say just about anything.

Minshew is an upgrade on O'Connell at QB.

AOV went 5-5 and Minshew went 7-6, lol. 

Why are you acting like Minshew is some high level player? He's a career backup that's 15-22 as a starter. The two years he was the starter in Jacksonville they had the 26th / 30th best scoring offense in the NFL.

47 minutes ago, Dessie said:

lol comparing Minshew deal to Fields now. Get it into context you are trying to say Fields has so much upside, the Bears turned down Stroud for him so why did they only got a 6th for him? 

Luke Getsy and his Nathaniel Hackett inspired system tanked his value. Why did the Browns trade Mayfield for a conditional pick? Why did the Dolphhins trade Tannehill for a 6th round pick? Why did the Jets let Geno Smith walk? I mean those guys could never play good ball in their careers after bad organizations failed to develop them right?

22 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

No he is not. 

Colts turned their season around with a 3 game win streak against the Panthers, Patriots, and Bucs as Minshew lit it up for 572 yards (62.1% comp) / 6.0 YPA / 1 TD / 2 INT

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Luke Getsy and his Nathaniel Hackett inspired system tanked his value. Why did the Browns trade Mayfield for a conditional pick? Why did the Dolphhins trade Tannehill for a 6th round pick? Why did the Jets let Geno Smith walk? I mean those guys could never play good ball in their careers after bad organizations failed to develop them right?

So you think the Bears should have got more for Fields. You’d have offered a 2nd and a 4th was it? 

For a conditional 6th I’d have been interested but I would say we wouldn’t be in any stronger position than we are now, left with a huge question mark at QB. I get why the front office went for Minshew. Once we got Getsy it’s obvious we thought Fields was the problem in Chicago, time will tell if that’s right. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dessie said:

So you think the Bears should have got more for Fields. You’d have offered a 2nd and a 4th was it? 

For a conditional 6th I’d have been interested but I would say we wouldn’t be in any stronger position than we are now, left with a huge question mark at QB. I get why the front office went for Minshew. Once we got Getsy it’s obvious we thought Fields was the problem in Chicago, time will tell if that’s right. 

Fields clearly has more upside then Minshew and was half the price. There's still a chance that that Fields lands on his feet and becomes a good starter. Minshew is a journeyman and will be a backup level player for his entire career. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Fields clearly has more upside then Minshew and was half the price. There's still a chance that that Fields lands on his feet and becomes a good starter. Minshew is a journeyman and will be a backup level player for his entire career. 

In your opinion. IMO the front office thinks Minshew is a safer pair of hands than Fields for next year and I get where they are coming from. 

Let’s see what we look like after the draft. 

Just now, Dessie said:

In your opinion. IMO the front office thinks Minshew is a safer pair of hands than Fields for next year and I get where they are coming from. 

Let’s see what we look like after the draft. 

Safer maybe, but you think they signed Minshew over trading for Fields because they thought he has more upside? If so they should be fired immediately. 

MFwuJlz.png

7bBs3uw.png

Just now, NYRaider said:

Safer maybe, but you think they signed Minshew over trading for Fields because they thought he has more upside? If so they should be fired immediately. 

MFwuJlz.png

7bBs3uw.png

No you said Fields has upside and said the Bears passed on Stroud for him. I’ve said the FO obviously wanted vet experience, Minshew fits that. Fields would be a huge question mark and by his price the rest of the league think that as well. 

Just now, Dessie said:

No you said Fields has upside and said the Bears passed on Stroud for him. I’ve said the FO obviously wanted vet experience, Minshew fits that. Fields would be a huge question mark and by his price the rest of the league think that as well. 

Fields is 25 years old, a former first round pick, and one of the best running QB's in the league. He still has upside. Minshew's experience includes being a backup and losing. No other team in the league was willing to pay Minshew to be their potential starter though?

38 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AOV went 5-5 and Minshew went 7-6, lol. 

Why are you acting like Minshew is some high level player? He's a career backup that's 15-22 as a starter. The two years he was the starter in Jacksonville they had the 26th / 30th best scoring offense in the NFL.

When have I ever acted like Minshew is a high level player?

Please provide quotes.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Fields is 25 years old, a former first round pick, and one of the best running QB's in the league. He still has upside. Minshew's experience includes being a backup and losing. No other team in the league was willing to pay Minshew to be their potential starter though?

You’ve agreed that Minshew is a safer pair of hands. Keep posting pointless stats though. Hopefully Fields turns out better than Jimmy G, suckforspencer did for you.