BDL Discussion Thread 2024

• For contract totals that are $5,000 and under the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $250.
  • For contract greater than or equal to $5,000

So which is correct?

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

So which is correct?

It should probably say under 5000 for the first one. Or dealers choice. One of the reasons I think that line of rules should be removed and tighten everything up at one time.

Edited by SirA1

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

It should probably say under 5000 for the first one. Or dealers choice. One of the reasons I think that line of rules should be removed and tighten everything up at one time.

Well it matters a great deal which is correct because if it is $5000 and under, the next line would be greater than or equal to $5001, etc., which directly impacts which of my last two bids on Darious Williams is valid.

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

Well it matters a great deal which is correct because if it is $5000 and under, the next line would be greater than or equal to $5001, etc., which directly impacts which of my last two bids on Darious Williams is valid.

I am not understanding you. IRs previous bid was $10,000 in total contract. That is all those rules apply to since they are in the Total Contract section of the FA rules.

I think you must be thinking it was like Pickle was earlier and confusing it with Salary.

All the Average Salary Rules are checking for at this point is 50% rule. 

Edited by SirA1

8 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I am not understanding you. IRs previous bid was $10,000 in total contract. That is all those rules apply to since they are in the Total Contract section of the FA rules.

I think you must be thinking it was like Pickle was earlier and confusing it with Salary.

No, that is not what I am thinking at all and it is plainly obvious that is not what I am thinking.

The first two brackets for minimum bid increases both state "contract totals that are $5000" (emphasis added). This is physically impossible. Either bids that are a total of $5000 must be bid up by a minimum of $250, or they must be bid up by a minimum of $500.

This means that there is a cascading error through the bidding ranges. If the minimum bid increase for $5000 is $250, then the next band does not start at $5000. It starts at $5001. At best, we decide that the first band of contract totals go up to and include $5000 total, which is fine I guess, it's not a big deal. But to be consistent, that means that the second band should read "contracts greater than or equal to $10,001 but less than $20,000" and so on, with each band starting at $1 above the previous band's endpoint.

Bring it up at the summer meeting. Your bid earlier did not meet the requirements. It's much easier to just say less than 5000 for the first band rather than have to change all of them to suit your argument.

Edited by SirA1

6 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Bring it up at the summer meeting. Your bid earlier did not meet the requirements. It's much easier to just say less than 5000 for the first band rather than have to change all of them to suit your argument.

It certainly would be easier, but that's not what it says. So which is it? Because again, whichever one is correct means that either the first band doesn't follow the same bidding rules as the others, or the bands for the others are off by $1 and therefore my earlier bid DID meet the requirements.

EDIT: For additional context, the Shark Tank rules follow the latter logic:

For Contracts in the $350-$1,000 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $25.

For Contracts in the $1,001-$2,500 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $50.

For Contracts in the $2,501-$5,000 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $100.

For Contracts in the $5,001-$10,000 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $250.

Above 10,000 it must be beat by 500

Edited by Blue

1 minute ago, Blue said:

It certainly would be easier, but that's not what it says. So which is it? Because again, whichever one is correct means that either the first band doesn't follow the same bidding rules as the others, or the bands for the others are off by $1 and therefore my earlier bid DID meet the requirements.

Both can be correct. Like I said dealers choice is ok for those lower salary bids IMO. We aren't going to change everything at this time anyway. 

You win. Yes the language will be corrected. It still will not change your current bid.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

Both can be correct. Like I said dealers choice is ok for those lower salary bids IMO. We aren't going to change everything at this time anyway. 

You win. Yes the language will be corrected. It still will not change your current bid.

It literally cannot both be correct. So I'm taking it to mean that we're just accepting that the lowest range of total contracts are just going to be $1 less than the others?

Edited by Blue

1 minute ago, Blue said:

It literally cannot both be correct. So I'm taking it to mean that we're just accepting that the lowest range of total contracts are just going to be $1 less than the others?

Sure that's fine too. The language won't change in anyway at this time though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

i think for the tank i just do , i forget the numbers so forgive me  up to 1000  x,  then 1001-2000 y, 2001-4000 z  etc.  Much plainer and simpler

I quoted it literally five posts above this one.