BDL Discussion Thread 2024

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Breece Hall is going into his third season, is averaging 61 rushing yards per game, and has 14 total touchdowns. How in the world are you projecting him to be the second-best running back in the league.

Because he will be

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

Breece Hall is going into his third season, is averaging 61 rushing yards per game, and has 14 total touchdowns. How in the world are you projecting him to be the second-best running back in the league.

Ah yes statistics usually tell the full data set.

Not like he was fantastic his rookie year only to have it cut short by a torn ACL.

Breece hall was the jets offense in 2023 and did a fantastic job at it with.....Zach Wilson and the corpses the jets trotted out in 2023. 

With a 2022 Aaron Rodgers (25 TDs, 10 INTs) and respectable QB play and a much improved offensive line Breece has a solid chance to finish top 3 in scrimmage yards. Especially considering he's a fantastic pass catcher.

Just now, Xmad said:

Not like he was fantastic his rookie year only to have it cut short by a torn ACL.

Breece hall was the jets offense in 2023 and did a fantastic job at it with.....Zach Wilson and the corpses the jets trotted out in 2023. 

With a 2022 Aaron Rodgers (25 TDs, 10 INTs) and respectable QB play and a much improved offensive line Breece has a solid chance to finish top 3 in scrimmage yards. Especially considering he's a fantastic pass catcher.

He definitely could. I don't think he will but if he's healthy he should be a top back.

• Like 2

Just now, LAOJoe said:

He definitely could. I don't think he will but if he's healthy he should be a top back.

He's on the jets it's more likely Aaron snaps his achilles (the non hurt one) in week 2 and bryce joins him in week 8. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xmad said:

I don't deny Hall is a very good player. But I don't think he's the second best player at the position over guys who have had individual seasons with better numbers than his career statistics.

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't deny Hall is a very good player. But I don't think he's the second best player at the position over guys who have had individual seasons with better numbers than his career statistics.

First season post ACL injury

1,500 total yards
Playing 7-8 man boxes
76 receptions

It's pretty Kamara-lite with the explosiveness of the best pure runners.

Remember it’s incorporating projections for 2024. There’s absolutely no way you can put Hall over Henry considering prior accolades.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

First season post ACL injury

1,500 total yards
Playing 7-8 man boxes
76 receptions

It's pretty Kamara-lite with the explosiveness of the best pure runners.

Remember it’s incorporating projections for 2024. There’s absolutely no way you can put Hall over Henry considering prior accolades.

He had a 9 game stretch averaging 4 YPC or less, including three games of 2 YPC or less. Don't know why you said 7 man boxes, that's very normal lol.

Rhamondre Stevenson had similar numbers (and similar plaudits from you) last season and didn't make your top 18 after an underwhelming third season; was he really that much worse? Was the New England offense so much better than the Jets last year that Stevenson doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt?

I like Hall a lot and think he's due a big year if the Jets offense stays healthy. But I also think you're overreacting to a trio of big games at the end of the year. Over half his rushing yardage over a 17 game season came over three games. I think he needs to prove he's a consistent runner instead of a boom-or-bust player before anointing him as one of the elite players at the position.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blue said:

He's had one full season as a starter bro and missed the other half of his first season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/scrimmage.htm

Already the second best RB in terms of pure scrimmage yards last year I don't think it's a stretch to say he's a top 5 player at the position. 

Especially considering outside of McCaffrey everybody else is just a dude or good at one thing. Hall can do it all.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Xmad said:

He's had one full season as a starter bro and missed the other half of his first season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/scrimmage.htm

Already the second best RB in terms of pure scrimmage yards last year I don't think it's a stretch to say he's a top 5 player at the position. 

Especially considering outside of McCaffrey everybody else is just a dude or good at one thing. Hall can do it all.

I never said he didn't? That's kinda the point. He's a one-year starter. Other guys have proven they're elite over multiple seasons.

You're grossly underestimating a TON of running backs, lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue said:

He had a 9 game stretch averaging 4 YPC or less, including three games of 2 YPC or less. Don't know why you said 7 man boxes, that's very normal lol.

Rhamondre Stevenson had similar numbers (and similar plaudits from you) last season and didn't make your top 18 after an underwhelming third season; was he really that much worse? Was the New England offense so much better than the Jets last year that Stevenson doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt?

I like Hall a lot and think he's due a big year if the Jets offense stays healthy. But I also think you're overreacting to a trio of big games at the end of the year. Over half his rushing yardage over a 17 game season came over three games. I think he needs to prove he's a consistent runner instead of a boom-or-bust player before anointing him as one of the elite players at the position.

Bc you’re not in the discord now, I’ll just say I like Breece Hall in second and not change. Opposition has to show me.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

I never said he didn't? That's kinda the point. He's a one-year starter. Other guys have proven they're elite over multiple seasons.

You're grossly underestimating a TON of running backs, lol

Elite over multiple seasons means nothing in this league anyone is one knee injury away from their career being over. See Chubb, Mixon has been washed for a minute. 

The league and RBs washes like the tides. 

All to say Rachaad white is the worst RB to get carries last year.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Bc you’re not in the discord now, I’ll just say I like Breece Hall in second and not change. Opposition has to show me.

I forgot there was a BDL discord.

To give blue a cookie 

blue-blackberry-cookies-3sq.jpg