Week 18 GDT: Eagles vs. Gmen @ 4:25pm EST

Giants4eva

Final game of the season guys... What a terrible year this was. There is so many negatives that took place i lost count. To put this misery to rest, we got the birds at home. This game is gonna be strange. Strange in the sense, we are looking at a lot of guys on our squad who are playing their final game with the Giants. IMO, Tyrod = gone, Sterling Shepard = gone, a ton of olinemen who were just trash = gone...  Saquon??... dont know. I think what we have all discovered this year is that we have a big problem at QB and the oline just continues to be a horror show. Major changes are coming after this comes to a close. 

With that said, onto the finale. Birds are coming in looking like an enigma, i just cant pinpoint what exactly is wrong with that team. They have talent that most teams in the league would die to have on the offense, a defense with a ferocious front 4 and they usually dominate.. but not this year. This is not the same Eagles team at all. This game only has meaning for the Eagles. For us, it is pointless to even win this. Eagles are fighting for playoff position, we are fighting to have a possible future with possibly a new QB if we lose this one. 

The Giants offense is decimated yet again at the tackle spot on the right side losing Phillips to a torn quad, and we got some guys who are just plain banged up on defense. I dont think we win this game but somehow i think the Eagles will let us hang around until the 4th qtr because they just dont put away teams like they did last year. We all know how good they can be, but this hasnt been their season at all. And neither has it been ours.

Only thing i wanna see is Saquon possibly hit the 1000yd mark for his season. I hope we can retain him, i just dont wanna see him go anywhere else. 

Eagles 28 / Giants 21

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 1

Best case scenario? Shep gets 3 catches (moves up to 5th all-time in Giants history in receptions), Saquon gets 84 yards (1000 yards rushing on the season), and the Giants lose. Let's get this season over with.

What sucks even worse is that, looking forward, the Giants have a TON of work to do to get into even "good team" status, and I'm slowly being less and less sold on Dabs and Schoen being the guys to turn this thing around. A decent number of these high draft picks are not playing up to their draft position, and if the rumors are true that Kafka and Wink want out because Dabs is that hard to work with, those are not good signs for the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

What sucks even worse is that, looking forward, the Giants have a TON of work to do to get into even "good team" status, and I'm slowly being less and less sold on Dabs and Schoen being the guys to turn this thing around.

What is your definition of good? I would agree we have a ton of work to be a great team, by great I mean being on the level of the Eagles and Cowboys. However if good means being a playoff team, I don't feel we are that far away. With a backup QB, we should have beaten the Bills, we should have beaten the Jets and we came close to beating a hot Rams team. With a third-string QB we beat a hot Packers team. Dabs offensive system works we just need a quality starting QB to run it. 

The most important position is QB but the two that follow are someone to rush the QB and a LT to protect the QB, In Dexter and Andrew we have two that are among the best in the game. We have pieces on this team, if we get a good QB we will see an immediate turnaround. Even if we don't get a QB, with a good draft and decent free agent signing I believe we will be a good/playoff team next season (depending on injuries of course).

Well.. i cant complain. Any win over the Eagles is a monumental thing. Great game by all those on offense and defense. 5 total sacks by the D, Xman with 2 INTs, Tyrod with almost 300yds passing. Its always a great thing to see this team play to its true capability. 

With that said, im sad to see Shep is more than likely gone, total class act of a player, never badmouthed nobody, just an all around good guy for the Gmen. All i can hope for is we try to retain Saquon and McKinney. Whether or not they do is a wait and see process. Cheers to next season boys! 

• Like 1

I don't think Shep has it anymore as a player, and I think he knows that. He's got a lot of avenues available to him now though. I think he's got some interest in fashion and broadcasting, but he's absolutely a guy that the Giants would keep around in some capacity to do something. That soundbite of Bill Belichick talking to Brady from years ago is still true: "No one ever leaves [the Giants]. The only ones who leave are dead". It's a good thing and a bad thing, right? The Giants already employ Howard Cross, Pepper Johnson, Jessie Armstead, Brandon London, Victor Cruz, Shaun O'Hara, and of course, Eli Manning. They love keeping on ex-players who are good guys in various roles throughout the organization. I could see Shep being next. There's not a Giants fan out there who doesn't love him, and I think his teammates and coaches feel the same.

• Like 1