Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

I'll try and keep an OP updated.

Requested Football Operations/GM Interest:

Glenn Cook, AGM, Browns (interviewed 1/9/24)
Ian Cunningham, AGM, Bears (interviewed 1/10/24)
Adam Peters, AGM, 49ers (interviewed 1/9/24) HIRED 1/12/24
Mike Borgonzi, AGM, Chiefs (interviewed 1/9/24)
Alec Halaby, AGM, Eagles (interviewed 1/10/24)

Requested Head coaching interviews/requests/interest:

Ben Johnson, OC, Lions
Aaron Glenn, DC, Lions
Raheem Morris, DC, Rams
Anthony Weaver, AHC and D-Line, Ravens
Mike Macdonald, DC, Ravens
Bobby Slowik, OC, Texans
Dan Quinn, DC, Cowboys

Unconfirmed rumors:

Jim Harbaugh, HC, Univ of Michigan

Putting the team together. With how quickly this was announced, everything has been in the works, and I am sure they have their list. Great news, especially for those of you that thought he was sitting on his thumb.

• Like 1

Woah.  That is a lot to process and take in before our senior leadership meeting.  

Does anyone think Myers is basically the head/president of the football operations department, and that he’s going to hire a GM to report to him?  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Woah.  That is a lot to process and take in before our senior leadership meeting.  

Does anyone think Myers is basically the head/president of the football operations department, and that he’s going to hire a GM to report to him?  

I'm a little confused on the reporting as Schefter makes it seem temporary and Rap seems to lean towards your thought. I am thinking it is the latter though based on Myers statement as well. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm a little confused on the reporting as Schefter makes it seem temporary and Rap seems to lean towards your thought. I am thinking it is the latter though based on Myers statement as well. 

Having multiple conversations with Myers, and having him coordinate the interviews and having an exec with 30 years of NFL experience “helping him” honestly sounds a lot like you are putting this person in place to build an NFL organization for at least a year, if not longer.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

So is it just assumed ou current F A is just a clean sweep. Hope they are all gone included Jason !

I would say that most of the front office will be gone, but the new GM won’t be able to replace everyone in his first off-season.  The primary decision-makers probably will be, however. 

Not sure why you want Jason Wright gone since he does absolutely nothing with the football side of things.  

24 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Not sure why you want Jason Wright gone since he does absolutely nothing with the football side of things.  

For nothing more than the honoring Sean Taylor debacle, I want him to be gone. An utter atrocity that showed more dishonor than anything resembling honor. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I was just coming to post this. 

It's nice to see that the new ownership group is able to keep things from prying ears. This is definitely a positive sign to a differently run organization.

I love hearing this from the new hire. Josh Harris and Co really have a chance to do something spectacular here. Something that I never thought possible in my lifetime. I have hope for this franchise again and it makes my eyes water. 

• Like 2