Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

Well it’s looking like bellichek to Dallas so yeah I’d say getting some offensive help is pivotal. I like what Slowick does in Houston. But I love Johnson because while he uses zone principals and loves to run like all successful OC’s; he likes BIG athletic OL that can also handle power principals. It’s why teams have such trouble stopping the run and their screen game. He will pull to a weak side counter then next play run a power scheme and I think it throws defensive fronts off because most teams are one or the other. Of course it helps having Sewell and guys like that. But again as I’ve said Rivera stunted this team trading Trent and letting Moses go for nothing. I believe atleast Montez is an all pro right now practicing against those guys. Iron sharpens iron and hopefully soon Peters can really work his draft and player assets and retool and improve the overall depth and talent throughout this roster and hopefully the players buy in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Don’t worry Ben you’ll have your Sam LaPorta in 2025 when Adam gets you Colston Loveland in next year’s draft. I checked with @ripsean21 he said it was OK to draft his boy. 

I’ve already reserved my Loveland jersey he is that dude!!! This is why we need love buttons here 😎😎😎

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Gonna have to wait another week for Ben Johnson and I’m completely okay with it good for him and that whole Detroit everything good for the fans and coaches teams players organization good for them!!!

Talk about patient and loyal fans 👍🏻

• Like 2

Dallas can have Belichick now. If this was 10-12 years ago then I would give a crap. He wants Shula’s record I believe is the main reason he still wants to coach. Today’s player won’t take to his demeaning methods. 
How would him and Jerry be in the same room, would love to see that. 

• Like 2

I want you guys to rewatch the games this weekend. Even KC ran the ball a ton.

I know the current wisdom is that this is a passing league, but I really do think that NFL defenses have caught up (mostly) to the current meta of the current passing schemes. It takes some really special QB's and receivers to catch defenses napping. Most of the coverages (when performed correctly) are designed to force offenses to dump to the flat on each drop back. 

The main key to beat defenses now? 

Running the dang (*) ball!!

Watch the run/pass combo that the OC's are doing and when during the game. Watch how it's opening up the passing game and tiring defenses out (and slowing down pass rushes). 

Watch Aaron Jones completely own Dallas today. Watch the Lions game where almost 50/50 mix (before the 3 kneel downs). The teams that didn't have a good mix? They lost.

(*) Okay, I said a different word out loud here.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I know the current wisdom is that this is a passing league, but I really do think that NFL defenses have caught up (mostly) to the current meta of the current passing schemes. It takes some really special QB's and receivers to catch defenses napping. Most of the coverages (when performed correctly) are designed to force offenses to dump to the flat on each drop back. 

Watch the run/pass combo that the OC's are doing and when during the game. Watch how it's opening up the passing game and tiring defenses out (and slowing down pass rushes). 

Watch Aaron Jones completely own Dallas today. Watch the Lions game where almost 50/50 mix (before the 3 kneel downs). The teams that didn't have a good mix? They lost.

I try to tell everyone the teams that run the best are the teams that have all the dream OC’s these defenses that are built to stop the pass got nothing for a running team. They say the narrrative and show a few examples but come playoff time the game is the same. If you can’t control the game clock and keep a team off the field you never have a comfortable lead

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TKellion said:

Yes it is why I am against EB for HC,He was too pass heavy.I dont care what decade you are in,running the football will always be a winning formula.

He didn’t do Sam much of a favor. The only thing I can say he did for Sam is every single flaw Sam has and can work on was put on tape. What is he not doing and what is the situation. Sam can take this offseason and go to his QB coach and they can identify their formula for working on this and that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Dallas can have Belichick now. If this was 10-12 years ago then I would give a crap. He wants Shula’s record I believe is the main reason he still wants to coach. Today’s player won’t take to his demeaning methods. 
How would him and Jerry be in the same room, would love to see that. 

The only thing I think is Dallas will not be under prepared with Bill. Will it wear out or get old quick for them? Probably. But there with they way they play regular seasons he can catch Shula in 2 years

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Bieniemy disagrees 😂 

• Like 1