Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Exactly as I’ve been saying about mock off-seasons and all of the other stuff.  It is WAY too early in the game to be predicting those things if the front office was going to operate as I was hoping it was going to operate.  

This is huge to hear, because we’ve never really heard it before.  Now, does it actually happen in practice?  To be determined, but with Harris having proven what he’s done with the Sixers and Devils, I would imagine that this isn’t just lip service.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They've emphasized this a couple of times. I can't speak to Ben's leadership as much, but it would be shocking if Bill and Harbaugh aren't brought in at some point as much as they've said this. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

They've emphasized this a couple of times. I can't speak to Ben's leadership as much, but it would be shocking if Bill and Harbaugh aren't brought in at some point as much as they've said this. 

I am unsure at this point.  What does worry me about Harbaugh and Belichick is, ultimately, how much fruit has their coaching tree given out as far as head coaching goes?  Ultimately, how you replicate yourself is a big reflection of leadership- at least for me- and I’d love to pick someone from a tree that’s proven that there’s replication, like John Harbaugh, Andy Reid, Sean McVay, etc.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I am unsure at this point.  What does worry me about Harbaugh and Belichick is, ultimately, how much fruit has their coaching tree given out as far as head coaching goes?  Ultimately, how you replicate yourself is a big reflection of leadership- at least for me- and I’d love to pick someone from a tree that’s proven that there’s replication, like John Harbaugh, Andy Reid, Sean McVay, etc.  

I think the players have spoken to them as a leader as much as anything. We already know my opinion on both - I don't want either - but I can't deny the voices that have affirmed their leadership qualities. 

• Like 1

Washington Commanders

Former coach: Ron Rivera, let go the day after the regular season ended, his fourth season with the team

Known candidates: Aaron Glenn, Ben Johnson, Mike Macdonald, Raheem Morris, Dan Quinn, Anthony Weaver, Bobby Slowik

My prediction for the next Commanders coach: Ben Johnson. New Commanders owner Josh Harris already landed his top target for GM in Adam Peters. Many people around the league believe Harris has been focused on Johnson as his top choice for coach, though there are some who think Slowik and Macdonald are still possibilities.

Harris' process so far has been thorough but not slow. I believe he really wants Johnson, and he and Peters are in position to make that happen -- even if it's just about getting an agreement in place that can't be finalized until after the Lions' season ends.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/39315536/nfl-coach-hiring-2024-predictions-candidates-open-jobs-belichick-harbaugh-vrabel

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I am with you on your top 3. I would hope we don’t have to go outside of those 3 prospective coaches

I think Morris is a great leader, and will have learned a lot since he was a head coach the first time around.  

He also comes from the Jay Gruden, Mike Shanahan/Kyle Shanahan, Jay Gruden and Sean McVay coaching trees.  A lot of great offensive minds have come from there, so I would trust he knows enough from them to make an informed OC hire and let them build out a system.  

I would not be upset if he was chosen over the top 3.  

• Like 1