Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

Did you know, that if we don't trade Chase Young to the 49ers?

That we never land Luke McCaffrey.

Here's a quote from TK, over at ES.

Back on Nov 1 Adam Peters (then still with SF) traded a comp 3rd round pick to Washington to get Chase Young off of his future team. (This was roughly two months before he was officially named GM, though he most likely already knew it was a done deal once the season was over). However SF didn't extend Young, so when the season was done, Chase was a FA & Peters takes the reign as Josh Harris's GM. That 3rd round comp pick ended up being pick 100. And with that pick, Peters drafted his guy, Luke McCaffrey. 

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Back on Nov 1 Adam Peters (then still with SF) traded a comp 3rd round pick to Washington to get Chase Young off of his future team. (This was roughly two months before he was officially named GM, though he most likely already knew it was a done deal once the season was over). However SF didn't extend Young, so when the season was done, Chase was a FA & Peters takes the reign as Josh Harris's GM. That 3rd round comp pick ended up being pick 100. And with that pick, Peters drafted his guy, Luke McCaffrey. 

Adam Peters wasn’t the one who made the trade though……….and you should stop going on ES.  It’s a cesspool.  I do like TK though, but that’s not a good take (we all have them) 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Adam Peters wasn’t the one who made the trade though……….and you should stop going on ES.  It’s a cesspool.  I do like TK though, but that’s not a good take (we all have them) 

I only go there for info at times. I'm not a member there.

15 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Hopefully we are able to start turning this around.

Honestly think this is the biggest reason Johan got traded,Other player a big one for reason whole attitude seems to have changed in Jon Allen while Johan hadn't adjusted to the new Culture

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

Honestly think this is the biggest reason Johan got traded,Other player a big one for reason whole attitude seems to have changed in Jon Allen while Johan hadn't adjusted to the new Culture

That and Jahan also wasn't a very physical WR which they are looking for or a good blocker which we will need in our offense bc I really think we are at least going to be a 50/50 run/pass split offense and we may actually run the ball more than we pass it.

A red flag was Terry’s tunnel screen vs the Jets. Jahan was blocking on the outside against a backup CB. The CB got off of Jahan’s block on the outside easily and made the tackle on Terry after a short gain when it looked like the play could've gone 10 yards or even for a TD if Terry made the safety miss.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 2:53 AM, aceinthehouse said:

An unpopular opinon in here I know, but I’d still take Chase. I'd take Chase over both of our starting DEs right now and at this point until proven otherwise LMC to me will be a career backup and special teams guy ala a Apke type.

In this preseason vs the 49ers Chase had a move on the LT where he set him up and got his left arm on the LT for a stab then ripped through and chopped the LTs arms down, then he ducked under the LT’s attempt to block him, Chase was a half a step away from a sack ok the play. I don't think we have a pass rusher on our roster who could make that move.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

An unpopular opinon in here I know, but I’d still take Chase. I'd take Chase over both of our starting DEs right now and at this point until proven otherwise LMC to me will be a career backup and special teams guy ala a Apke type.

In this preseason vs the 49ers Chase had a move on the LT where he set him up and got his left arm on the LT for a stab then ripped through and chopped the LTs arms down, then he ducked under the LT’s attempt to block him, Chase was a half a step away from a sack ok the play. I don't think we have a pass rusher on our roster who could make that move.

Impressive. One play against a backup LT. 

I'm aghast at people still not understanding the problem here with Chase.

The problem wasn't his potential or his level of ability.

The problem was his laziness. He played when he wanted to play. And he didn't work hard while here or in San Fran. Which is why he's on his third team in 5 years. Hopefully he got a wake up call this offseason and is starting to do the things needed to become the pro he should've been. But it wasn't going to happen here (or with 49ers). He had to get embarrassed first to light a fire under him. Shame still works for some people.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

The problem was his laziness. He played when he wanted to play. And he didn't work hard while here or in San Fran. Which is why he's on his third team in 5 years. Hopefully he got a wake up call this offseason and is starting to do the things needed to become the pro he should've been. But it wasn't going to happen here (or with 49ers). He had to get embarrassed first to light a fire under him. Shame still works for some people.

We seem to love talented but lazy pass-rushers as a fanbase.  Been going on for a few decades.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Then we should've done a better job motivating him instead of what Rivera did which was to embarrass him in the press. Also, as we know the scheme JDR/Rivera ran was vanilla. We had no exotic blitzing and didn't move him or Sweat around enough. 

Oh well, it really doesn't matter now but I will always feel like with Lavar Arrington 20 years ago with Greg Williams that poor coaching or not having a coach who was flexible enough in his scheme is what doomed Chase & Lavar here. 

Edited by turtle28