Wild Card GDT: Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys

MaddHatter

Just now, KFP7 said:

wow these guys aren't human.  dislocation without structural damage blows my mind

Standard treatment for a dislocation, and unless a rotator cuff tore (unlikely how he fell), the standard treatment is reduction (pop back in) and then let heal.  He’ll probably do some therapy this week, have a cortisone shot prior to the game and is likely on some pain killers, but unless his shoulder is abnormally weak (it’s not), he’s not prone to further dislocations, so it’s really just about the pain level.

• Like 1

Well, it seems our beloved franchise is stigmatized with the "choke artist" label.

More than once this week:

1. NFL Channel- Ocho Cinco choose GB to win because they are coming into Dallas with a 1-2 punch at RB, our inside is weak, and their WRs are young and "Don't have to play with the pressure of living up to n expectation" which will supposedly keep them fast and loose.

2. Philly Radio has it as GB is our Kryptonite and Dallas and McCarthy simply can't beat this franchise to any number of reasons.

I see it this way, and I've said this all along, if this offense and its QB can maintain the level of play the TV shown to this point, this game is no contest.

If not, simply put, theyre correct in their assumption.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

wow these guys aren't human.  dislocation without structural damage blows my mind

Yeah, to add to @MaddHatter, from what I've heard there weren't any tears and the like. It simply "popped out", and they popped it back in. Sore as hell I'm sure. Range of motion is, or still could be limited. They'll probably put one of those harnesses on as well.

On 1/9/2024 at 7:18 AM, MaddHatter said:

Dallas Offense vs. Packers Defense is a huge mismatch - Dak and the Boys should put up 30, or it was a pretty bad day for them.  The key will be if our Defense can slow down Jordan Love who had one of the best second halves of any QB.

I agree wholeheartedly here however I will say this Packers defense is pretty bizarre. There pass rush is borderline elite. Gary albeit not racking up the stats the last few weeks is great, Preston Smith is playing about as good as I have ever seen him, Wyatt, Clark, and Brooks are all pretty good pass rushers on the interior as well. Lukas Van Ness has also shown improvement as the #3. They have wrecked some pretty good O lines this year. Quay Walker is pretty steady at ILB while Jaire Alexander seems to finally be healthy. They are capable of putting up good games especially against the pass at times.

There biggest issue is run defense and lack of turnovers. This isn't a defense that completely lacks talent but it really struggles with consistency (Joe Barry is worthless). You should put up 30+ especially if you can run the football effectively however it also wouldn't shock me to see the Packers pass rush get home and make it a difficult day for Dak if you don't run effectively. 

6 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I agree wholeheartedly here however I will say this Packers defense is pretty bizarre. There pass rush is borderline elite. Gary albeit not racking up the stats the last few weeks is great, Preston Smith is playing about as good as I have ever seen him, Wyatt, Clark, and Brooks are all pretty good pass rushers on the interior as well. Lukas Van Ness has also shown improvement as the #3. They have wrecked some pretty good O lines this year. Quay Walker is pretty steady at ILB while Jaire Alexander seems to finally be healthy. They are capable of putting up good games especially against the pass at times.

There biggest issue is run defense and lack of turnovers. This isn't a defense that completely lacks talent but it really struggles with consistency (Joe Barry is worthless). You should put up 30+ especially if you can run the football effectively however it also wouldn't shock me to see the Packers pass rush get home and make it a difficult day for Dak if you don't run effectively. 

We can’t run for **** - we will try early and might finish 60/40 pass/run if we have a lead late and run heavy in the 4Q, but even when we have a lead and need to kill the clock, McCarthy has decided to throw the ball (horrible clock management).  It’s hilarious because he fired Kellen Moore because his offense was “too fast, too prolific, and too heavy pass focused” which apparently put Quinn’s D in bad spots or some nonsense like that

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

We can’t run for **** - we will try early and might finish 60/40 pass/run if we have a lead late and run heavy in the 4Q, but even when we have a lead and need to kill the clock, McCarthy has decided to throw the ball (horrible clock management).  It’s hilarious because he fired Kellen Moore because his offense was “too fast, too prolific, and too heavy pass focused” which apparently put Quinn’s D in bad spots or some nonsense like that

May be a more interesting game then some think then although with the safety issues the Packers have could still have a great day through the air as well. 

4 hours ago, KFP7 said:

The main problem now as I understand it is his shoulder joint is weak and likely to pop out again easier next time.  Was t it Romo that had this happen a lot and eventually lead to surgery to prevent future issues.  

Pass protection will be key for sure but I do think our O has changed this year such that Dak is getting rid of the ball slightly faster then in years past with Moore which helps defeat the pass rush.   Have to wait to game to see if course but we should be able to move the ball. Then it comes down to penalties/mistakes.  Is our on a tight leash for holding???   Do we fumble the ball away???   Oh will we actually see a holding call against their OL now that things reset.  

3 hours ago, quiller said:

The main problem now as I understand it is his shoulder joint is weak and likely to pop out again easier next time.  Was t it Romo that had this happen a lot and eventually lead to surgery to prevent future issues.  

I think, or thought, Romo's was collar bone related.