2. 2. What do you WANT done at HC?

• Keep Eberflus
    • New HC
  3. 3. What do you THINK they’ll do at QB?l/HC

• Keep Fields, Keep Eberflus
    • Draft new QB, Keep Eberflus
    • Keep Fields, New HC
    • Draft new QB, New HC

There’s been a lot of discussion on these two main topics heading into the offseason.l over the course of several large threads.  It seems the board is relatively split on these issues, so I’d like to start a poll just to see just how split we actually are in our wants and also to see if that gap reduces when compared to what we actually expect to happen.

Now that all the results are in, what do you WANT to see done at QB and HC?  And what do you EXPECT them to do at this positions?  

(I was only allowed three questions on the poll, so i had to combine the last one).

I don't think this franchise has the balls to do what is necessary.

They're so focused on trying to build continuity to emulate the Steelers, but forget you actually need a QB and HC worth keeping for that to matter.

They'd literally rather have "nice guys" than wins.

• Like 1

Ultimately they'll do it the wrong way and that's draft a QB and keep Eberflus. I only say that's the wrong way because if they're 7-10 again next year, he ought to be fired and now you're saddling a 1st year HC with a 2nd year QB (again)

Hopefully they win 9 or 10 games next year no matter what so Eberflus can stick around. As stupid as I think he is, at least the scenario above doesn't take place in this case

10 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Ultimately they'll do it the wrong way and that's draft a QB and keep Eberflus. I only say that's the wrong way because if they're 7-10 again next year, he ought to be fired and now you're saddling a 1st year HC with a 2nd year QB (again)

Hopefully they win 9 or 10 games next year no matter what so Eberflus can stick around. As stupid as I think he is, at least the scenario above doesn't take place in this case

I feel like I've seen this movie before, and I want off this merry-go-round.  My only hope is that the QB drafted is so good, he can overcome the dysfunction that is the Bears organization.

As a Packers fan I wanted to come over to see what everyone thought of Fields and if you wanted to keep him.  From an outsiders point of view I will tell you I don't care if you keep him or not, what scares me the most is you hiring Jim Harbaugh as a coach.  That guy just knows how to win.  Just a Packers fan two cents.

3 minutes ago, Bleed G&G said:

As a Packers fan I wanted to come over to see what everyone thought of Fields and if you wanted to keep him.  From an outsiders point of view I will tell you I don't care if you keep him or not, what scares me the most is you hiring Jim Harbaugh as a coach.  That guy just knows how to win.  Just a Packers fan two cents.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQohBeUfCy6a6CtkjCM2iu

10 minutes ago, Bleed G&G said:

There's a 67 page thread about it

2 hours ago, Bleed G&G said:

i think JF would be GREAT with harbaugh, and we could trade 1 for more assets while stockpiling the team around. Harbaugh would bring the culture that the bears crave while being a better coach than eberflus. harbaugh's coordinator choices have all been extremely solid at worst, while eberflus had 2 coaches let go this season alone

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i think JF would be GREAT with harbaugh, and we could trade 1 for more assets while stockpiling the team around. Harbaugh would bring the culture that the bears crave while being a better coach than eberflus. harbaugh's coordinator choices have all been extremely solid at worst, while eberflus had 2 coaches let go this season alone

Seems like the "so far" at the end of that sentence is kind of implicit, right?

Harbaugh just doesn't seem like a McCaskey coach.  I think they really love Eberflus at the top.  Not because of any edge he brings as a coach but more that he's not going to be controversial or embarassing in any way beyond the win/loss record.  Dude is tightlipped with the media, and plays a style of defensive football designed to keep losses close.  They want stability, but the kind of stability they get is akin to the stability of a coma patient that will never wake up.  It would be peak Bears to make zero announcements, and then have a year end press conference that's mostly "no comment" and just quietly run it back with a sacrifice at OC.