Who was the second best team this year behind Michigan?

Who was the second best team this year behind Michigan?   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the second best team this year behind Michigan?

• Georgia
    • Bama
    • Ohio State
    • Other

I don't go by who the playoffs teams were since it was decision by the committee. 

Georgia could have easily been in. And Ohio State has a clear legit consideration as well. 

I personally think it's between Bama, Georgia and or Ohio State. 

Just given the way Bama and OS played against Michigan. And based on how Georgia played against Bama who was beat by Michigan. 

It's a toss up between those 3. 

Bama. They easily could have won that game if Michigan didn't staunch the bleeding at the perfect time (2nd muffed punt) and if they didn't pull off some magic, like the flea flicker or whatever that was.

I lean towards how good a team was at the end of the year too though since it would be too hard to judge a teams potential without key injuries etc. I have no idea how good Florida State would have been, or how close the Ohio State game would have been vs Missouri if everyone hadn't transferred or sat out.

Edited by nagahide13

I think if it wasn't for their one slip up Georgia would've won the NT easily. They're so incredibly loaded with talent. Watching the playoff I just kept thinking Georgia would've steamrolled all of these teams.