Bears fire OC Luke Getsy + Other Offensive Coaches

Madmike90

Just now, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I do think there is a strategic element to having known leaks in the building.  I would push back as to whether they pay any attention to the feedback however.  I cannot imagine besides yourself-and I don't mean this in a mean way-there is much fan support for this approach.  

And I say this as a connected man, with his finger on the pulse of Bears fandom, with my sources consisting solely of my buddy non stop texting me during what I'm 90% sure is supposed to be a teaching period for him, and my wife suggesting I'm a moron for liking this team. 

Just now, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I do think there is a strategic element to having known leaks in the building.  I would push back as to whether they pay any attention to the feedback however.  I cannot imagine besides yourself-and I don't mean this in a mean way-there is much fan support for this approach.  

Oh I don’t think they currently listen to public feed back. That was just an “overall” thing that you can do with leaks.

Im actually the one who has consistently said that they do not care what we as the fans think right now.

I do however think that they are leaking the QB stuff out to try and cause as much confusion as possible in an effort to drive up the price for #1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t know that that’s the case - we need someone who has shown the ability to develop a QB regardless. 

The dude in GB, Clement I think his name is, clearly is on to something. Do we want a GB retread again? 

9 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

He did just enough for the defense, and the locker room seems to like him.

But, I don't like the fact that his defense did not make the stop on those 3 games that we lost in the 4thQ.

The defense started to force turnovers and was playing better. We weren't playing against some murderer's row of offenses and turnovers, at the rate we were forcing them, are unsustainable. Outside of those few weeks, he's been an unmitigated disaster. His hires have been absolute disasters. The way started the season was a disaster. We just went through this with Trubisky. We're about to go through it with Fields and then go through it again with Caleb Williams. It's high time they all go away, the old lady and her family included. 

And I don't care about who the locker room likes. I care about the team winning and winning often. 

Edited by malak1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, malak1 said:

The defense started to force turnovers and was playing better. We weren't playing against some murderer's row of offenses and turnovers, at the rate we were forcing them, are unsustainable. Outside of those few weeks, he's been an unmitigated disaster. His hires have been absolute disasters. The way started the season was a disaster. We just went through this with Trubisky. We're about to go through it with Fields and then go through it again with Caleb Williams. It's high time they all go away, the old lady and her family included. 

And I don't care about who the locker room likes. I care about the team winning and winning often. 

Sooooo....

Chicago Cubs MLB Baseball Wrigley Field 41,649 1870 3 World Series, 6 prior championships 2016
Chicago White Sox MLB Baseball Guaranteed Rate Field 40,625 1900 3 World Series, 1 prior championship 2005
Chicago Blackhawks NHL Ice hockey United Center 21,653 1926 6 Stanley Cups 2015
Chicago Bulls NBA Basketball United Center 20,776 1966 6 NBA Championships 1998
Chicago Fire FC MLS Soccer Soldier Field 14,806 1997 1 MLS Cup, 1 Supporters Shield, 4 U.S. Open Cup 2006
Chicago Sky WNBA Basketball Wintrust Arena 6,358 2006 1 WNBA Championship 2021
Chicago Red Stars NWSL Soccer SeatGeek Stadium 5,451 2006 None N/A
Chicago Hounds MLR Rugby SeatGeek Stadium 4,443 2022 None N/A

Best I can do, sorry. 

3 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:
Sooooo....

Chicago Cubs MLB Baseball Wrigley Field 41,649 1870 3 World Series, 6 prior championships 2016
Chicago White Sox MLB Baseball Guaranteed Rate Field 40,625 1900 3 World Series, 1 prior championship 2005
Chicago Blackhawks NHL Ice hockey United Center 21,653 1926 6 Stanley Cups 2015
Chicago Bulls NBA Basketball United Center 20,776 1966 6 NBA Championships 1998
Chicago Fire FC MLS Soccer Soldier Field 14,806 1997 1 MLS Cup, 1 Supporters Shield, 4 U.S. Open Cup 2006
Chicago Sky WNBA Basketball Wintrust Arena 6,358 2006 1 WNBA Championship 2021
Chicago Red Stars NWSL Soccer SeatGeek Stadium 5,451 2006 None N/A
Chicago Hounds MLR Rugby SeatGeek Stadium 4,443 2022 None N/A

Best I can do, sorry. 

Do better!!

17 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

He did just enough for the defense, and the locker room seems to like him.

But, I don't like the fact that his defense did not make the stop on those 3 games that we lost in the 4thQ.

The locker room likes him? Whoop-dee-do. His defense has sucked and has shown glimpses against ****ty teams. His defensive game plan against GB in the final game of the season was a fireable offense. I have been a Poles supporter but he just put himself on thin ice.

• Like 1

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-announce-changes-to-coaching-staff-2024

So official update from the Bears say...

So everyone gone apart from OL Coach Chris Morgan, Assistant OL coach Luke Steckel & TE coach Jim Dray...so in other words the guys involved in the running game were kept for now...anyone to do with the passing attack gone.

• Like 1