2024 Offseason Thread

Emerica

On 1/25/2024 at 12:12 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

Perhaps Evero will be available after he failed to land the Carolina HC job?

Seems my thinking and the FO's was aligned, but the Panthers blocked our interview request (and the Giants'), which means it seems like they're hoping to retain him under Canales... ugh.

• Like 1

Big list of interviews/requests so far

Brandon Staley

Anthony Campanile

Ryan Slowik

Leslie Frazier 

Chris Kiffin

Anthony Weaver

Bobby Babich (staying in Buf)

Ejiro Eviro (staying in Car)

Edited by Emerica

16 hours ago, Emerica said:

Ejiro Eviro (staying in Car)

He could still be in play - rumors are that he would rather coach elsewhere but Carolina is hoping to retain him as DC as they still have him under contract. They have thus far denied interview requests to other teams, but its doubtful they force him to stay if he really wants out.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Pretty happy with Weaver, tbh.

I'm back and forth on Weaver.  I'm not as excited about him as I was the Fangio hire, but at least with Weaver I think we will get to see CB Cam Smith get a fresh start and hopefully he takes advantage of it and earns a starting role.

I'm hoping Weaver can help us earn a top 10 Defensive ranking in 2024.

Serious Tua NEWS!!!!!  But, seriously it's great to see him doing something fun after all the ups and downs of last season (mostly ups IMO).

https://x.com/kasideekarsten/status/1756252141382160591?s=20

On a side note, it's a good time to be a Dolfan again.  Every season will bring it's own challenges, but here's some things that IMO are making it fun to be a Dolfan again;

1. We have a legit Franchise QB who led the league in passing yards in 2023 and started all 17 games.

2. We have 2 starting caliber OT's under contract for next season (Armstead and Jackson).

3. We have 2 high quality edge rushers under contract for next season (Phillips and Chubb).

4. We have 2 Pro Bowl caliber DB's under contract for next season (Ramsey and Holland).

5. We have 2 TOP caliber WR's under contract for next season (No names required).

6. We have a 1st round and a 2nd round draft pick for the 2024 draft.

LET"S GO!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Swampbilly

13 hours ago, Emerica said:

New year starts in a month, lots of housekeeping to do until then for Grier

The nerd in me is excited, I am always fascinated by the clever accounting/maneuvers to get under the cap. Clearly there will be cap casualties, it is a part of the business but I bet it is not the blood letting that some theorize. My main hope is they keep Wilkins, he deserves to get paid, but it’s not a keep at all costs kind of decision.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Emerica said:

Wilkins hitting the market. Lets see if we can find a DT around $10-13M that can pair well with Sieler.

Hate to see him go, I understand him wanting to maximize his value, but many times there are trade offs to that. He very well may just be testing to see what the market is for him. I hope Miami can get a deal done, if not I wish him all the best, dude has been a fantastic player. He’s not Aaron Donald but he bet on himself and has earned a payday.  

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 9:50 AM, Phinsesq said:

Hate to see him go, I understand him wanting to maximize his value, but many times there are trade offs to that. He very well may just be testing to see what the market is for him. I hope Miami can get a deal done, if not I wish him all the best, dude has been a fantastic player. He’s not Aaron Donald but he bet on himself and has earned a payday.  

The more I look at recent Dolphins contracts the more it looks like Wilkins became a victim of bad contracts by Grier.  Xavien Howard, Byron Jones, Emannuel Ogbah, Jerome Baker, just to name a few.  I would also throw Chubb's contract in there.......I mean for the price of Chubb (who we never needed IMO) we could have kept Wilkins and Gink.