2024 Offseason Thread

Emerica

23 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I didn't see that coming.  It takes edge rusher off the early rounds needs list.

Not the player he used to be but good vet depth, he’ll be the AVG replacement. Interested in seeing the actual numbers, whether there are significant savings compared to what it would’ve cost to keep Van ginkel..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

For as dire as our cap/FA situation seemed, we have made some decent moves. 

I dare say this FA could not have realistically gone much better for Grier so far.  Of course it would have been great to keep Wilkins and Hunt, but they both got PAID.  Those weren't realistic numbers for the Fins.  

It sets up the draft to be OL/WR/DT in some fashion.  They may even skip DT, given that they've signed about 5 rotational guys.  

15 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I dare say this FA could not have realistically gone much better for Grier so far.  Of course it would have been great to keep Wilkins and Hunt, but they both got PAID.  Those weren't realistic numbers for the Fins.  

It sets up the draft to be OL/WR/DT in some fashion.  They may even skip DT, given that they've signed about 5 rotational guys.  

If Byron Murphy somehow drops I think they have to take him at 21, other than him, I am O-line all the way round 1. I believe Grier has done a fantastic job given the circumstances, of course location and no State income taxes also help. Credit where credit is due though apparently Miami has created a work environment that players also respond to, according to the NFLPA report cards. 

My only gripe, I have given up on ever having a Kelce/Gronk/Kittle/Andrews etc etc caliber TE.  

So far with current FA signings I'm curious what our team needs are.  Best I can figure is; OG, OT (swing tackle), DT (under and nose), WR3?????  I'm sure I'm missing something though.  Any ideas of what our current needs priority is will be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

So far with current FA signings I'm curious what our team needs are.  Best I can figure is; OG, OT (swing tackle), DT (under and nose), WR3?????  I'm sure I'm missing something though.  Any ideas of what our current needs priority is will be greatly appreciated.

With how things have played out. My guess, OT as the heir apparent for Armstead or DT if Byron Murphy drops. I think round 1 and 2 will address those issues. But who knows McDaniel loves speed so maybe Worthy, I don’t love the idea, but it won’t shock me if they draft him. 

I’m hoping for a late pick of Drake Stoops.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

With how things have played out. My guess, OT as the heir apparent for Armstead or DT if Byron Murphy drops. I think round 1 and 2 will address those issues. But who knows McDaniel loves speed so maybe Worthy, I don’t love the idea, but it won’t shock me if they draft him. 

I’m hoping for a late pick of Drake Stoops.  

I love the idea of a LT that is capable of good play at LG (for a season) in round 1, like Troy Fautanu perhaps???  I also love the idea of WR Xavier Legette in round 2 or later, but I acknowledge this wouldn't do much to help our Defense LOL.

Edited by Swampbilly

On 3/18/2024 at 12:18 PM, Swampbilly said:

I think you have it right. To me its also interior DL and OL first, then WR3 (although i think the addition of Jonnu Smith doesn’t make this as screaming of a need). Then to me its just general depth all across the board, need to elevate the level of our backups

1. OL/DT

2. WR3

3. OL depth

4. OLB depth

5. DB depth

• Like 1

• 1 month later...