Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

PFF made free agency predictions today. They projected a couple splashes on the defensive side of the ball for the Commanders.
B.Huff and P.Queen 

I would be ecstatic to get Patrick Queen. Huff, IMO, would be a good get depending on the price tag. I also think we should be pursuing Stephon Gilmore. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Well bad ones apparently don't either

No they do. We did it plenty of years lol. 

I'd be shocked if we sat out today. I fully expect one or two pretty good signings. But that might be all we do. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Please god don't just do the Rivera thing. Please! I am so over the mid-tier scrubs we over pay that help us get to 8 wins. 

The one thing I take solice in, whatever the route we go, is that we have competent people making the decisions now. There is actually a plan and qualified people to execute said plan. 

The part of me that knows our roster is bad wants us to be big spenders, but I also understand that could have a serious negative impact long term. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

No they do. We did it plenty of years lol. 

I'd be shocked if we sat out today. I fully expect one or two pretty good signings. But that might be all we do. 

Yes but our situation was so completely different from most teams that it feels weird to compare anything we did over the last 25 years to any other team. We had a moron owner playing Madden and trying to sign players he could turn into his friends. Now we have just gone to the complete opposite end and just sign nobody or absolute scrubs that we talk ourselves into until the games start and we realize how bad they suck. I just want that to change. If you're going to do that just sign nobody.

Ian Rapoport 

The final numbers on the #Chiefs deal with Chris Jones: 5 years, $158.75M base including $101M in guarantees. He gets a $30M signing bonus, the first two years guaranteed and his 2026 base salary guarantees in 2025.

$31.75M years average, the highest-paid DT.

What a sick contract!

• Like 1

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ian Rapoport 

The final numbers on the #Chiefs deal with Chris Jones: 5 years, $158.75M base including $101M in guarantees. He gets a $30M signing bonus, the first two years guaranteed and his 2026 base salary guarantees in 2025.

What a sick contract!

Best DT in the game. Doubt he sees the full contract but glad he got his due. 

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ian Rapoport 

What a sick contract!

30 years old in July-- Bad Deal for the Chiefs . IMO

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

30 years old in July-- Bad Deal for the Chiefs . IMO

Could be. Need to see the yearly hits. Could be a 3 year deal with an opt out. Could be pushing it into the future they don't care to hit Mahomes window now. 

Adam Schefter 

Nine-time Pro-Bowl QB and former Super-Bowl champ Russell Wilson plans to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers, per league sources. Wilson will sign a team-friendly, one-year deal in which the Broncos will wind up paying $38 million of his salary while Wilson wears the black and yellow.

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Developing: #Commanders CB Kendall Fuller is most likely not returning back, per @BenStandig.

Three teams have shown interest in the veteran CB: #Bengals, #Texans and #Titans.

Best of luck Fuller. Thanks for being our best CB for multiple years.