Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Stromberg is too small and not strong enough to be a Guard imo. We just signed his replacement, one year into his rookie deal. 

Gotta remember that this regime did not draft Stromberg. Not to say it's impossible for him to climb up, but there is no attachment other than him being on the roster currently. 

I hope he gets a shot at guard. I think he can handle it. He played sparingly at guard last year and didn't look overmatched. 

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Gotta remember that this regime did not draft Stromberg. Not to say it's impossible for him to climb up, but there is no attachment other than him being on the roster currently. 

I hope he gets a shot at guard. I think he can handle it. He played sparingly at guard last year and didn't look overmatched. 

I don't remember when the transition happened, but he was the primary backup guard, correct? Meanwhile we benched Gates and went to Larsen. Not sure Stromberg was a center very long here... 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I can understand that at QB but a center is a center. Stromberg was considered a good center prospect in his class and has 3 years left on his rookie deal. If you’re going to force him to the bench for his tenure here it better be for a major upgrade, which this guy is not. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't remember when the transition happened, but he was the primary backup guard, correct? Meanwhile we benched Gates and went to Larsen. Not sure Stromberg was a center very long here... 

If my memory serves me, yes. He was the first one off the bench. 

I put no stock in where the previous regime played people they were complete morons in that aspect. Stromberg is a center. 

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Damn. Writing was on the wall this morning on that one though. He got pretty nicely.

It’s pretty silly the team with more cap space than anyone couldn’t pull it off unless he just didn’t want to play here or were seriously just going after players Quinn is familiar with. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

It’s pretty silly the team with more cap space than anyone couldn’t pull it off unless he just didn’t want to play here or were seriously just going after players Quinn is familiar with. 

Might as well change the heading of this thread to off-season that Dan Quinn’s comfort level built.

I’m going to get beat up for this on here but this is not a very promising start. I hate that we’re doing what Rivera did. It is the same thing. Meanwhile the Eagles sign Huff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I can understand that at QB but a center is a center. Stromberg was considered a good center prospect in his class and has 3 years left on his rookie deal. If you’re going to force him to the bench for his tenure here it better be for a major upgrade, which this guy is not. 

Honestly, I don't know how you can suggest that Biadasz isn't a major upgrade over someone that has never taken a snap at center in the NFL. It's one thing to talk about potential, but Biadasz has missed 2 starts in 3 years. He has called the adjustments for Dallas the entire time. He is a major upgrade, IMO.

• Like 2

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Honestly, I don't know how you can suggest that Biadasz isn't a major upgrade over someone that has never taken a snap at center in the NFL. It's one thing to talk about potential, but Biadasz has missed 2 starts in 3 years. He has called the adjustments for Dallas the entire time. He is a major upgrade, IMO.

That is a loser mentality. You don’t sign a subpar center for $10 mil per year because he doesn’t get hurt. Honestly we could have brought back Tyler Larsen on get min and get the same play as this guy (I’m going to keep saying this guy because his name is hard to spell and I’m too lazy to look it up).

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I’m going to get beat up for this on here but this is not a very promising start. I hate that we’re doing what Rivera did. It is the same thing. Meanwhile the Eagles sign Huff. 

The main difference, IMO, is that Adam Peters is signing these guys, not Dan Quinn. 

I'm not in love with the Biadasz signing, especially at an annual 10M, per year, but we needed a starting center. We absolutely needed a (two) starting DEs. 

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I also think he is an upgrade. If you're upset about the potential sunk cost of Ricky Stromberg I get it, I am too, but I think most centers if talented play right away too. Maybe he just doesn't have it. 

• Like 1

I also think he is an upgrade. If you're upset about the potential sunk cost of Ricky Stromberg I get it, I am too, but I think most centers if talented play right away too. Maybe he just doesn't have it. 

He didn’t play right away because the last regime did exactly what we just did, signed a subpar Center free agent and handed them the starting job.