Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That is a loser mentality. You don’t sign a subpar center for $10 mil per year because he doesn’t get hurt. Honestly we could have brought back Tyler Larsen on get min and get the same play as this guy (I’m going to keep saying this guy because his name is hard to spell and I’m too lazy to look it up).

"On 3/8/2024 at 11:13 PM, MKnight82 said:

You’re better than this. Quit being insulting and acting like your opinion is better than others."

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The main difference, IMO, is that Adam Peters is signing these guys, not Dan Quinn. 

I'm not in love with the Biadasz signing, especially at an annual 10M, per year, but we needed a starting center. We absolutely needed a (two) starting DEs. 

If we hadn't hired Dan Quinn do you think we would've targeted these guys? And that's what scares me so far. I get I'm the resident complainer but this is silly. Cushenberry was a better player and we didn't even attempt it. Same with Huff over Armstrong. I'm probably just being paranoid. 

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Jeremy Fowler 
Dorance Armstrong’s terms with Washington: Three years at a max of $45M, per source.

That sounds a little high but the cap spike will probably cause some sticker shock. We need a lot of new DEs this off-season so I’m ok with this one.

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Jeremy Fowler 
Dorance Armstrong’s terms with Washington: Three years at a max of $45M, per source.

That's too much money, IMO. I would have rather given that contract to Danielle Hunter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That is a loser mentality. You don’t sign a subpar center for $10 mil per year because he doesn’t get hurt. Honestly we could have brought back Tyler Larsen on get min and get the same play as this guy (I’m going to keep saying this guy because his name is hard to spell and I’m too lazy to look it up).

How so? Some of us are praising this as a legit upgrade at the position. Just because you don't think so doesn't make it a loser mentality. Kind of the opposite.... 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

"On 3/8/2024 at 11:13 PM, MKnight82 said:

You’re better than this. Quit being insulting and acting like your opinion is better than others."

You told me your opinion was a fact which was ridiculous. I’m just telling you my opinion now you’re entitled to yours. Why are you being intentionally confrontational lately?

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Cushenberry was a better player and we didn't even attempt it.

I always have to pause on this. It's a long time sometimes before we find out what calls we made and what ones we didn't.... 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

How so? Some of us are praising this as a legit upgrade at the position. Just because you don't think so doesn't make it a loser mentality. Kind of the opposite.... 

Because “upgrading” to mediocre play is a loser mentality. 

Jordan Schultz 

BREAKING: Free agent QB Kirk Cousins has agreed to terms on a deal with the #Falcons, per his agent @MikeMcCartney7.

Falcons are giving their new QB Kirk Cousins a four-year deal.

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If we hadn't hired Dan Quinn do you think we would've targeted these guys? And that's what scares me so far. I get I'm the resident complainer but this is silly. Cushenberry was a better player and we didn't even attempt it. Same with Huff over Armstrong. I'm probably just being paranoid. 

No we absolutely wouldn’t target them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Jeremy Fowler 

Not much less than Goodard, but it's also one less year, and the cap was going to bump a lot of people. I'm fine with this. DEs are a top position and get paid as such. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I actually think Joe Whitt has more to do with it than Dan Quinn, but I understand where you are coming from, especially with our history of being the "PantherSkins". 

I think Dorance Armstrong and Tyler Biadasz would have absolutely been signed by another team (possibly gone back to Dallas) in FA and I am not sure if it would have been us, but I think we are getting good football players and weakening a division rival in the process. 

Just my two cents.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Because “upgrading” to mediocre play is a loser mentality. 

Well we can't upgrade everyone to "stellar" play in one season can we?