2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

1 hour ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Carter yes. Williams is great in his backup role. Davis is trending towards being a bad 1st round pick and being a one down run stuffer. He ain't it. My point was considering Carter won't need paid for a while, they have cheap DTs and could throw some money towards that position. 

You're wrong on this.  Davis is already a legitimate starter in the NFL.  Williams would start on most teams also.  Neither are star caliber players, but solid starters.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

You're wrong on this.  Davis is already a legitimate starter in the NFL.  Williams would start on most teams also.  Neither are star caliber players, but solid starters.

I don't get the Davis hate either. I'm fine with that trio. 

• Like 1

I think Davis has been good when he's been on the field. Not great. Hoping him being a true NT in Fangio's 3-4 can further improve his game. 

And the simple fact that Fangio isn't a dunce.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I mean, you can live with him as a starter but how valuable is a run stopping DT with conditioning issues in todays game? 

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

No way will they get a 2nd for sweat. Whose had only 1 good season. 

It's gonna be a fun day in here when both are traded for less.

Reddick - 2nd Rounder will be highest but I'm saying 3rd and future 4th

Sweat - 3rd Rounder highest - most likely pair of 4s. 

Have you compared the years Chubb and Montez had in comparison

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think Davis has been good when he's been on the field. Not great. Hoping him being a true NT in Fangio's 3-4 can further improve his game. 

And the simple fact that Fangio isn't a dunce.

He's been good against the run. Offers absolutely zero on passing downs.

46 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I don't get the Davis hate either. I'm fine with that trio. 

I'm definitely for upgrading the trio, if other more pressing matters are taken care of... like the entirety of the back 7. 

52 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

He's a legitimate rotational DT until those snap counts rise up.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Was Jeezla the one who was trying to say Kentavious Street over Milton Williams a year ago?

lol no, I have never wanted Street on this team. I said Ojomo would be better starting year 2, aka this upcoming season. And I still believe that.

I also said Jordan Davis would never be good at rushing the passer before we drafted him, and got a bunch of crap for it.

Edited by Jeezla

If we draft Jer'Zhan or Murphy, they are easily DT2 over Davis. Not gonna be much worse against the run, and actually going to offer something on passing downs.

If it's pick 22, and DeJean/Quinyon are gone, I ain't mad at taking one of those guys over a WR or OL.
Wiggins weight scares me, and I like Terrion, but I'm more sold on Newton and Murphy becoming quality NFL starters.

Edited by Jeezla

I shudder to think how some of you would do as fans of other teams.  You can't have 22 superstars out there.  DT is pretty close to the least of our worries.  They could add nothing there and be fine for the next couple years.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

You can't have 22 superstars out there

Nope, but when you pick top 15- you hope for something better than Jordan Davis, who won't be worth his 5th year option price tag.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1