2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

I’ve always like campbells size, but I just don’t know enough about his performance last year

the idea of a 6-4 monster at LB is nice 

I wonder if he’d be a smart person to add as a low risk, comfortable veteran 

like you don’t want him to end up the starter but there’s at least some semblance of competency there if he’s in. Even if he then is mostly downhill at that point

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I’ve always like campbells size, but I just don’t know enough about his performance last year

the idea of a 6-4 monster at LB is nice 

I wonder if he’d be a smart person to add as a low risk, comfortable veteran 

like you don’t want him to end up the starter but there’s at least some semblance of competency there if he’s in. Even if he then is mostly downhill at that point

His pff numbers took a huge dip last season.

Extremely unpopular opinion

but if the eagles brought in Campbell and let’s say resigned Zach Cunningham with the angle to have nakobe dean still compete to start

that at least gives us a baseline competency if it has to be Campbell and Cunningham right? 

it’s not exciting at all. It’s probably even still bottom 15 in the league 

but assuming the eagles do something at corner at least the rest of the defense is somewhat fine, and you’re only real weakness is 2 slower but competent lengthy LBs

Just now, CasperX22 said:

His pff numbers took a huge dip last season.

But we are the definition of beggars. My thought is Campbell is more appealing to me as a leader who may have lost a step than let’s say a Willie gay who’s athletic but a nothing player

id like better than this obviously, but if we’re talking role players, at least Devondre has been a really good player, and maybe he can bring some stability there 

again this is bargain bin regardless

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I just don't understand why this team can't bring in like a half decent LB ever man. There were like 10 dudes who would've been okay. There's like 2 or 3 of them left. We legit treat it like it's not even a real position.

We have before.

i think it’s something where if we don’t see exciting value like a 26 year old Kyzir who they think is a perfect mix of talent and price they choose to go bargain bin

i think they’re just much harsher on the value which in fairness a few beat writers have made the point that paying for slightly less subpar play (Willie gay) for example is worse than paying for what you get

i think what really needs to happen is a shift in scouting staff for LBs. Clearly the guys they have scouting backers aren’t very good. I think it’s time to maybe find guys who might be able to get us better finds in rounds 3-5

6 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

We have before.

i think it’s something where if we don’t see exciting value like a 26 year old Kyzir who they think is a perfect mix of talent and price they choose to go bargain bin

i think they’re just much harsher on the value which in fairness a few beat writers have made the point that paying for slightly less subpar play (Willie gay) for example is worse than paying for what you get

i think what really needs to happen is a shift in scouting staff for LBs. Clearly the guys they have scouting backers aren’t very good. I think it’s time to maybe find guys who might be able to get us better finds in rounds 3-5

Scouting definitely needs an upheaval for that spot. But why can't it ever be like the 5th best dude on the market?  Like why's it always gotta be some dude nobody's ever heard of or someone's trash? Just annoys me man. And it's not like that hasn't cost us in the past. They get smacked and ask for more.

6 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Scouting definitely needs an upheaval for that spot. But why can't it ever be like the 5th best dude on the market?  Like why's it always gotta be some dude nobody's ever heard of or someone's trash? Just annoys me man. And it's not like that hasn't cost us in the past. They get smacked and ask for more.

I agree for the most part

i do think the 5th best guy this year was the 10th best guy most years 

12 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Don't forget to add Safety convert to LB. We seem to love those. 

• Like 1