2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

If he tampered to  overpay a running back that didn't even average 4 yards a carry last year lurie should do the right thing and fire him 

If Lurie died,  Howie is probably listed over his children to inherit the team. Howie Lurieman is going nowhere. If we go 0-16, Jeff is blaming it on the coaches. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

What a leap. 

I will never support paying a running back. Howie should have drafted some the past few years but he's forced his own hand being stubborn.

Just now, ninjapirate said:

I will never support paying a running back. Howie should have drafted some the past few years but he's forced his own hand being stubborn.

I mean it’s fine to disagree with the move

i just think it’s goofy for fans to get up in arms over tampering

every GM is tampering, unfortunately James Franklin is that stupid

nfl only cares if it gets to the media. 

42 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Makes a questionable signing in Saquon look even worse if we end up losing a 3rd or something like that.

Chiefs lost a 3rd that year and a 6th round pick the following year for tampering with Maclin.

If the Eagles lose their 3rd, comp pick #98, that means they have no selections from 53 until 161.  

That would not be good.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Deshon Elliot went to the steelers 2 years 6m. Would have done that deal he was fine for fangio last year.

That's a good signing. I think there's room for another good safety on this team. CGJ versatility allows for that.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Chiefs lost a 3rd that year and a 6th round pick the following year for tampering with Maclin.

If the Eagles lose their 3rd, comp pick #98, that means they have no selections from 53 until 161.  

That would not be good.

It’ll be fine. First they’re likely trading sweat or reddick so I assume they’re going to get another 3rd possibly 2nd

they have 2 2nds already so while they don’t have a pick from 53-161 they also have 3 picks in the top 60

i think there is way too much concern over this. It’s not ideal, James Franklin is probably embarrassed as all hell since college coaches never want to have negative relationships at the pro level. 

in reality it still has to be proven but even if it is, I will get upset over tampering. Hell I even joked about it with the beats how they’ve so obviously been tampering with eagles players

TJ Edwards agreed at 12:02.  give me a break lol

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

It’ll be fine. First they’re likely trading sweat or reddick so I assume they’re going to get another 3rd possibly 2nd

they have 2 2nds already so while they don’t have a pick from 53-161 they also have 3 picks in the top 60

i think there is way too much concern over this. It’s not ideal, James Franklin is probably embarrassed as all hell since college coaches never want to have negative relationships at the pro level. 

in reality it still has to be proven but even if it is, I will get upset over tampering. Hell I even joked about it with the beats how they’ve so obviously been tampering with eagles players

TJ Edwards agreed at 12:02.  give me a break lol

It's only tampering if you get caught, and the Eagles may be about to

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

The irony of this tweet is hilarious

Yeah I mean, eagles should absolutely trade for Justin fields if it’s possible 

if jalen were to tear his knee up week 4 who’d you rather try to win a Super Bowl with? Tanner McKee or Justin fields

im pretty confident Jalen can handle Justin fields. He’s signed for 250 mil and a no trade clause. There’s no threat to him or his career 

and Jalen himself needs to play better

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

Yeah I mean, eagles should absolutely trade for Justin fields if it’s possible 

if jalen were to tear his knee up week 4 who’d you rather try to win a Super Bowl with? Tanner McKee or Justin fields

im pretty confident Jalen can handle Justin fields. He’s signed for 250 mil and a no trade clause. There’s no threat to him or his career 

and Jalen himself needs to play better

I would trust Tanner McKee to channel the legend of BDN and bring it home.

My guess is nothing comes from this tampering stuff and we forget it ever happened. The HC of Penn State saying something is hardly proof of guilt. They would need to find concreted evidence that it happened which could be much more difficult than you would think unless Howie is legit just texting Saquon from his phone lol.

Literally every team tampers in the offseason. It is such a stupid and antiquated rule.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

My guess is nothing comes from this tampering stuff and we forget it ever happened. The HC of Penn State saying something is hardly proof of guilt. They would need to find concreted evidence that it happened which could be much more difficult than you would think unless Howie is legit just texting Saquon from his phone lol.

Literally every team tampers in the offseason. It is such a stupid and antiquated rule.

Regardless of your thoughts on who does it or the rule, if the Eagles were to lose a draft pick over this, would it change your opinion of Howie at all?