2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

3 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Shiiii, would yall rather have Justin Fields or Kenny Pickett 🤣🤣🤣 I'll take Fields for a 5th over Pickett for a 5th lol

I'd rather not trade for a back up

27 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

"In 2024, Fields will earn a base salary of $1.6 million while carrying a cap hit of $6 million, per spotrac. However, the team that acquires Fields will only be on the hook for $2.7 million. He has a 2025 fifth-year team option for $25.6 million."

That right there is exactly why I'd have no problem adding him as the #2. Let him walk via FA and receive a Comp pick in 2026.

How is it any different then what Dallas is doing/did with Trey Lance? Fields is not a threat to Hurts, not in the slightest.

Hell maybe being around Jalen, seeing how he works, the time he puts in the building, on the practice field, meetings,  prep,  "helps" Justin in the long run? 

I don't see a downside for that cheap a salary.

Here's the thing tho- Justin Fields sucks and I don't want him ever wasting away AJ/DeVo/Goederts careers if Hurts does go down. Tanner will get those guys the ball on actual schemed up plays rather than just the broken plays where you run around for 6 seconds like Fields.

4 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Shiiii, would yall rather have Justin Fields or Kenny Pickett 🤣🤣🤣 I'll take Fields for a 5th over Pickett for a 5th lol

Why do we have to have either of those turds? Just keep the pick. Use it on RB3.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Here's the thing tho- Justin Fields sucks and I don't want him ever wasting away AJ/DeVo/Goederts careers if Hurts does go down. Tanner will get those guys the ball on actual schemed up plays rather than just the broken plays where you run around for 6 seconds like Fields.

There is no evidence that Tanner McKee is going to be capable of doing that to this point. Beating up on third stringers in preseason is one thing. Playing vs starters in an actual NFL game is another.

Now I am fine if the team wants him as the backup QB this year. I would say it is unlikely to happen though as the team typically prefers more seasoned backups. I'd be pretty surprised if they actually rolled into the year with McKee as QB2.

13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

There is no evidence that Tanner McKee is going to be capable of doing that to this point. Beating up on third stringers in preseason is one thing. Playing vs starters in an actual NFL game is another.

Now I am fine if the team wants him as the backup QB this year. I would say it is unlikely to happen though as the team typically prefers more seasoned backups. I'd be pretty surprised if they actually rolled into the year with McKee as QB2.

How dare you doubt Tanner McKinkenfeld. Guy went to Stanford for puck sakes. Stanford! Howie better watch his back before Tanner McKafee takes his and Hurts jobs. He's Andrew Luck with a better arm.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Last Stand said:

What do you mean? Now he’s on the team we haven’t beaten in like a decade

seahawks might now beat us for the next decade

Well at least its not twice a year lol. And I blame Pete Carroll