2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

14 hours ago, Last Stand said:

He’s definitely worth keeping around 

I think he could be a pretty outstanding 3rd guy. 

Yep.  Whether he's your 2 or your 3 he's definitely a guy you want to keep around especially if you aren't paying him much.

• Like 1

We just saved $13M cutting Kevin Byard. Paying Reed $3.5M guaranteed over the next 2 seasons, who played better is just smart buisness. 

Regardless if we add a Safety in the draft or trade for one. 

33 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

What's he missing in your opinion? 

This is going to sound a little harsh, but I don't view him as a WR.  He's very limited in the things that he can do as a WR.  If you watch him the majority of his yardage comes from getting the ball in his hands on screens and getting him the ball in open space.  In that regard he's going to be a good fit for someone like say the 49ers and the way that they use Deebo.  Get him the ball in space and let him run with it.  With that said he's got all the negatives of someone like Deebo except he's not as good.  Limited route tree, can't beat press, route running even in his limited tree is not good, stiff in his hips, etc.  If I'm the one holding a franchises SB hopes in my hands I'm not spending a top 50ish pick on what amounts to a gadget player.  Give me someone like Wilson who can run the full route tree and torch both man and zone.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

This is going to sound a little harsh, but I don't view him as a WR.  He's very limited in the things that he can do as a WR.  If you watch him the majority of his yardage comes from getting the ball in his hands on screens and getting him the ball in open space.  In that regard he's going to be a good fit for someone like say the 49ers and the way that they use Deebo.  Get him the ball in space and let him run with it.  With that said he's got all the negatives of someone like Deebo except he's not as good.  Limited route tree, can't beat press, route running even in his limited tree is not good, stiff in his hips, etc.  If I'm the one holding a franchises SB hopes in my hands I'm not spending a top 50ish pick on what amounts to a gadget player.  Give me someone like Wilson who can run the full route tree and torch both man and zone.

So Rondale Moore pretty much lol

. I want a dangerous underneath player. But if what you predict ends up true then yeah it'll be a huge whiff. I think he's better but sounds like a preference thing 

9 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Yeah, I took a deeper look and I didn't see that.
I thought he did what a slot receiver does.

He ran routes that translated into the ability to go Y.
He broke the occasional deep route on double moves.
He ran screens.
He split the seam.
He followed receivers and broke off his route.
He dragged well in crossing routes.

Now, his level of competition wasn't great, but I'm not giving him credit for poor broken tackles.
But, I feel like he can settle in between zones at the very least run the seams as well as the screens.

He may not be meritorious of #53, but if the pick winds up between 53 - 120, he should be in consideration.

5 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

Yeah, I took a deeper look and I didn't see that.
I thought he did what a slot receiver does.

He ran routes that translated into the ability to go Y.
He broke the occasional deep route on double moves.
He ran screens.
He split the seam.
He followed receivers and broke off his route.
He dragged well in crossing routes.

Now, his level of competition wasn't great, but I'm not giving him credit for poor broken tackles.
But, I feel like he can settle in between zones at the very least run the seams as well as the screens.

He may not be meritorious of #53, but if the pick winds up between 53 - 120, he should be in consideration.

If the Eagles had their own 3rd Rd pick, that's in the range of where I'd feel comfortable taking him.  There's going to be too many good players on the board at 50 and 53 to spend the pick on a guy like him when the best way to utilize him in the NFL is probably going to be as some form of a RB/WR hybrid.

11 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

So Rondale Moore pretty much lol

. I want a dangerous underneath player. But if what you predict ends up true then yeah it'll be a huge whiff. I think he's better but sounds like a preference thing 

He actually reminds me a lot of Paris Campbell the year he came out.

On 4/3/2024 at 1:24 AM, FerrisBueller said:

So, by outlawing a "hip drop" tackle, has the NFL officially ended defense?

Anything that is a tackle now will be a penalty.

No there's a small 2ft window between the rib cage and thigh area they can target.

NFL wants points. Points attract viewers. Viewers makes them money. It's all that matters, all they care about.

Defensive HOF'rs everywhere are jealous of the money earned in today's NFL but are rejoicing in the fact hey don't have to play in this Flag Football Version.

Sad!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

If the Eagles had their own 3rd Rd pick, that's in the range of where I'd feel comfortable taking him.  There's going to be too many good players on the board at 50 and 53 to spend the pick on a guy like him when the best way to utilize him in the NFL is probably going to be as some form of a RB/WR hybrid.

I would have loved the Eagles to sign Shenault.