2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

7 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Rodgers is for sure the wild card in that secondary. Them giving him a shot makes it more likely that if they do draft a CB its one that can play slot year 1.

Even though it's a need, I'm not a fan of drafting a SCB in the first 2rds. Those players you find rds 3-7.

We spend our 1st on a CB he better be replacing Bradberry opposite Slay OR have the versatility of DeJean.

3 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

All I know is that I don't want Wiggins.  I'm hoping DeJean falls to us and Howie is smart enough to pounce.

A lot of ppl feel he's the best pure cover guy in the class. I do have a problem with corners who can't tackle and aren't physical. How many times have we seen our corners just get bulldozed out of different styles of plays. Ringo being out there making physical tackles was so refreshing.

10 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

A lot of ppl feel he's the best pure cover guy in the class. I do have a problem with corners who can't tackle and aren't physical. How many times have we seen our corners just get bulldozed out of different styles of plays. Ringo being out there making physical tackles was so refreshing.

Corners need to be able to tackle in Fangio's scheme.  He's going to need to get a lot stronger or he's going to bodied in the NFL.  I mean I guess he will at least be in frame when Ceedee Lamb makes him look silly haha.

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Corners need to be able to tackle in Fangio's scheme.  He's going to need to get a lot stronger or he's going to bodied in the NFL.  I mean I guess he will at least be in frame when Ceedee Lamb makes him look silly haha.

I wonder if any of these top corners we're talking about are off the board for us since they wouldn't fit with Fangio? Wiggins is honestly a guy I could see off some boards or like significantly pushed down.

The more you guys talk about what we need at Corner the more I'm convinced I'd have ZERO issues or concerns about trading up if needed for Cooper DeJean. Inside, outside, makes no difference. 

Once again if he wasn't being compared to Jason Sehorn (singular reason) we wouldn't be debating his skill set to play CB!

Speed, coverage, tackling,  ball recognition, football IQ and KR.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

The more you guys talk about what we need at Corner the more I'm convinced I'd have ZERO issues or concerns about trading up if needed for Cooper DeJean. Inside, outside, makes no difference. 

Once again if he wasn't being compared to Jason Sehorn (singular reason) we wouldn't be debating his skill set to play CB!

Speed, coverage, tackling,  ball recognition, football IQ and KR.

He's the best CB in the class imo.  He might also be the best slot CB and safety in the class too.  He and Mitchell are the only 2 that I'd want in the 1st Rd.  I don't like the fit of the other 3 guys likely to go in the 1st Rd.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

He's the best CB in the class imo.  He might also be the best slot CB and safety in the class too.  He and Mitchell are the only 2 that I'd want in the 1st Rd.  I don't like the fit of the other 3 guys likely to go in the 1st Rd.

From what I've gathered, him and Mitchell are the best zone guys. And from what I know about Fangio, he runs a lot of zone. Although he's been running more man coverages than usual as of late. The only small shade of doubt I've seen out there on DeJean playing outside CB, is if he's playing man too much. And who knows if that's even that much of a concern. Dude is big and heavy for a corner. I'm sure he could drop like 10 pounds and still keep that physicality if it'd help him turn, transition and run better.

47 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Terrion fits. DeJean/Quinyon/Terrion. All 3 of them are great fits, imo.

And I'll take Wiggins too, even though he doesn't "fit" as a "Fangio CB' because he sucks at tackling. At least he can cover, and that's the attribute I care about most for a CB in any scheme. The staff can teach him to tackle better, and he can gain weight. They aren't going to teach these guys how to cover a whole lot better tho. If they aren't good at it coming out, they probably aren't going to be good at it once they are in the NFL, even with a good DB coach, and Wiggins at least is already good at the covering part. I'll take the run game liability over the passing game liability. Wasn't a run play that cost us in the SB. It was James Bradberry not being able to cover.

Edited by Jeezla

29 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Terrion fits. DeJean/Quinyon/Terrion. All 3 of them are great fits, imo.

And I'll take Wiggins too, even though he doesn't "fit" as a "Fangio CB' because he sucks at tackling. At least he can cover, and that's the attribute I care about most for a CB in any scheme. The staff can teach him to tackle better, and he can gain weight. They aren't going to teach these guys how to cover a whole lot better tho. If they aren't good at it coming out, they probably aren't going to be good at it once they are in the NFL, even with a good DB coach, and Wiggins at least is already good at the covering part. I'll take the run game liability over the passing game liability. Wasn't a run play that cost us in the SB. It was James Bradberry not being able to cover.

Wiggins is going to get abused by bigger WR's in the NFL.  He's too boom/bust for me to feel comfortable taking in the 1st.

Terrion is my 3rd CB.  He scares me though and not very technically sound.

40 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

From what I've gathered, him and Mitchell are the best zone guys. And from what I know about Fangio, he runs a lot of zone. Although he's been running more man coverages than usual as of late. The only small shade of doubt I've seen out there on DeJean playing outside CB, is if he's playing man too much. And who knows if that's even that much of a concern. Dude is big and heavy for a corner. I'm sure he could drop like 10 pounds and still keep that physicality if it'd help him turn, transition and run better.

The 2 knocks I've seen on DeJean is he played mostly off coverage in college and questions about his ability to play press which isn't really a concern in the Eagles defense.  He wasn't asked to do it much, but he more than held his own in press coverage.  The other is some of said he lacks fluidity in his ability to flip his hips.  I just don't see that at all.  Guy is just a freakish athlete and going to be at least a plus starter in the NFL.

• Like 1