2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

3 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

You're contradicting yourself here lol. Good, young players get massive deals if they become a FA. He could easily net us a 3rd-4th round comp pick if we let him walk. All of this is assuming he has a really good season for us of course. 

Not really.  His market is going to be limited regardless barring him having an all-pro season.  Just about every other team in the league passed on him when he was released.  He's not going to get a huge deal regardless, but if Howie gets something done early they could have him on a bargain deal.

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

Not really.  His market is going to be limited regardless barring him having an all-pro season.  Just about every other team in the league passed on him when he was released.  He's not going to get a huge deal regardless, but if Howie gets something done early they could have him on a bargain deal.

A 26 year old all pro will have a limited market? I guess you're right because only a handful of teams will be able to pay him top 3-5 CB money if thats the case lol. Good thing those other teams passed on signing him because of his year long suspension, now they have no take backsies.

11 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

A 26 year old all pro will have a limited market? I guess you're right because only a handful of teams will be able to pay him top 3-5 CB money if thats the case lol. Good thing those other teams passed on signing him because of his year long suspension, now they have no take backsies.

I quite literally said barring an all-pro caliber season.  I'm not sure what's hard to understand about this.  I expect they will try to get something done long before then if they determine he's their CB2 going into the season.

23 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

A 3rd would be generous.  I don't see that as being worth moving him.

I thought it would be a 5th - 6th, but either way, his possible compensation is not worth moving at this time, at  position we've been historically bad at fielding. 

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Trade Slay get some value in return...Let him retire end of season get nothing in return...he decides to play 1 more year screws the whole secondary room or gets cut and still doesn't give any value...Only Logical thing is to ensure you flip him Anytime between the beginning of season or Trade Deadline. 

Let’s trade our only known quantity at CB for peanuts in a year we are supposed to be contenders…. It makes no sense. Are we trying to make the team better or worse I am confused?

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

I quite literally said barring an all-pro caliber season.  I'm not sure what's hard to understand about this.  I expect they will try to get something done long before then if they determine he's their CB2 going into the season.

You did say barring an all pro caliber season, my bad. The point im saying is IF he wins the starting job and IF he has a really good season and the Eagles let him go into FA, then Eagles will not match the other offers that other teams would be willing to pay for a good, young starting CB. In large part because we still have Ringo and Quinyon but also because his market wont be limited as you suggest and hes going to make more money than you think.

We're in agreeance here that if they want to bring Rodgers back then now (up until early in the season) is the time to do it. If Ringo or Quinyon wins the starting job then he may take an offer from the Eagles, but if he wins the starting job then he may bet on himself and want to become a FA.

I mean, theoretically we could kick DeJean to a hybrid CB/S, especially with Q getting reps at the Nickel

Starting outside corners long term Q and Rodgers, in Nickel Q kicks inside and Ringo comes on. Ricks and Jobe add depth

At S you have CJGJ/Coop/Blankenship/Brown, with Coop likely the dime corner.

Suddenly, that secondary going forward is something to build on

15 hours ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

I mean, theoretically we could kick DeJean to a hybrid CB/S, especially with Q getting reps at the Nickel

Starting outside corners long term Q and Rodgers, in Nickel Q kicks inside and Ringo comes on. Ricks and Jobe add depth

At S you have CJGJ/Coop/Blankenship/Brown, with Coop likely the dime corner.

Suddenly, that secondary going forward is something to build on

I believe that Ringo could be a good CF Safety which is rare to come by this days. But also seems like it would need next level coaching and development, which hasn't been our strong suit for eons. 

19 hours ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

I'd rather have DeJean just be the slot CB. No need for Q to kick inside. Keep him out.
Ringo backs up the outside starters. DeJean backs up Maddox until he's ready.
Ricks and Jobe stink, so hopefully they never see the field outside of the preseason or a blowout. 
Cooper as the #4 safety/# 4 CB is a waste of his talent. He should be on the field in nickel. Not necessarily this year, if Maddox can actually stay healthy, but certainly next year he should be our starting slot CB- if he's not  already starting by the end of this season.

Edited by Jeezla

17 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I'd rather have DeJean just be the slot CB. No need for Q to kick inside. Keep him out.
Ringo backs up the outside starters. DeJean backs up Maddox until he's ready.
Ricks and Jobe stink, so hopefully they never see the field outside of the preseason or a blowout. 
Cooper as the #4 safety/# 4 CB is a waste of his talent. He should be on the field in nickel. Not necessarily this year, if Maddox can actually stay healthy, but certainly next year he should be our starting slot CB- if he's not  already starting by the end of this season.

Jobe probably makes the team over Ricks for special teams reasons.  DeJean missing multiple weeks to start camp is going to make it difficult.  Probably as of now:

Slay CB1

Rodgers CB2

Mitchell SCB

Ringo primary OCB backup

DeJean primary SCB backup

Jobe ST

Maddox group with the safties