2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

It's not a personal shot. It's what's happening. Take out the attacks and things would be going different. 

Attacking people behind a keyboard is lame

I stepped away for a good month and all the attacks still have been going on and on. I'm not the problem but you can keep trying.

The attacks just went from going to me to others

Keyboard Warriors. LOL

24 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I will be upset if we do not take a corner in round 1.

Strange hill to die on before free agency happens. I just need Howard to take someone I'm confident can be great at a position that matters. Preferably not an OL.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Be prepared to be upset...Guaranteed its gonna be OL or DL whether we trade up or down. 

Yep.  I gave up being upset about their draft strategy and corners a few years ago.  Mike knows that of me.  Seems they have a pattern of filling CB out with trades or FA.  I’d like to be pleasantly surprised but I don’t see it.  They do have some young pieces at corner they might want to develop while leaning on veteran guys (not named Badberry) might be their plan again. 

It's not gonna happen, but i would be happy if we took Jer'Zhan. Unlike Jordan Davis, he will be good defending the run AND disrupting the QB. Less athletic Carter, but probably better conditioning. Carter + Newton would be constant pressure up the middle. 

Edited by Jeezla

I think the draft for us must be what Cowboys fans think when the playoffs come around. When they come you can't help but be hopeful and think that maybe this year is going to be different, then you end up with a developmental OL or a DT without addressing the eternal needs / get an early palyoff exit despite double digit wins; and end up asking yourself why do I bother?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It's not gonna happen, but i would be happy if we took Jer'Zhan. Unlike Jordan Davis, he will be good defending the run AND disrupting the QB. Less athletic Carter, but probably better conditioning. Carter + Newton would be constant pressure up the middle. 

Unfortunately this isn’t a great edge draft because I think I’d want an edge above all else. Assuming reddick is traded and sweat is kept I think a good portion of the eagles players work best in rotation. Sweats degenerative knee, Jordan Davis conditioning. Both guys showed themselves to be standout in moments before the rigors of a season begin to tear them down. With Davis the eagles have some guys I like behind Carter and Davis. Milton Williams is a great 3rd guy and I think both ojomo and tuipolotu showed competency.

at edge though we’re going in basically bare. Sweat and the unproven Nolan smith. If Reddick is traded the eagles will undoubtedly sign a guy. My hope is Bryce huff. But that’s where I’d like to ideally move up to draft a guy. I think there’s some talent at edge especially in rotation. Latu has potential for sure despite serious injury concerns. But there’s a couple guys that in rotation with sweat, smith and a free agent can help the defense. I don’t think drafting a corner at 22 is the move. I’d rather use 22 to trade for a guy. The eagles haven’t really shown a scouting prowess in the 20s on the perimeter.

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

Unfortunately this isn’t a great edge draft because I think I’d want an edge above all else. Assuming reddick is traded and sweat is kept I think a good portion of the eagles players work best in rotation. Sweats degenerative knee, Jordan Davis conditioning. Both guys showed themselves to be standout in moments before the rigors of a season begin to tear them down. With Davis the eagles have some guys I like behind Carter and Davis. Milton Williams is a great 3rd guy and I think both ojomo and tuipolotu showed competency.

at edge though we’re going in basically bare. Sweat and the unproven Nolan smith. If Reddick is traded the eagles will undoubtedly sign a guy. My hope is Bryce huff. But that’s where I’d like to ideally move up to draft a guy. I think there’s some talent at edge especially in rotation. Latu has potential for sure despite serious injury concerns. But there’s a couple guys that in rotation with sweat, smith and a free agent can help the defense. I don’t think drafting a corner at 22 is the move. I’d rather use 22 to trade for a guy. The eagles haven’t really shown a scouting prowess in the 20s on the perimeter.

If  Latu is there at 22 I think that is the one Edge I would be really happy to get. I know the injury concerns are real, but I feel like he has the tools to be a really good pass rusher in the league. I don't love the other Edge's that are going to be in that range. I do wonder if Verse slips into the low teens if there is a chance we could move up for him. I love his game.

I think CB at 22 is a pretty solid bet if we go that route. There isn't a top end CB in this draft, but there are a lot of solid guys in the 15-25 range who will go. We do have some nice young CB's on the roster, but we need a top end young guy to really feel good about the group going forward. I do think if we got DeJean at 22 he could be a nice chess piece for us. He could be the guy at outside CB long term, but could flex inside his rookie year or even play some safety if needed. Might be the best fit at DB for us in year one.

Need to see FA to have a better idea of what holes we really have. If Reddick is traded that shakes up things quite a bit of course.

19 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If  Latu is there at 22 I think that is the one Edge I would be really happy to get. I know the injury concerns are real, but I feel like he has the tools to be a really good pass rusher in the league. I don't love the other Edge's that are going to be in that range. I do wonder if Verse slips into the low teens if there is a chance we could move up for him. I love his game.

I think CB at 22 is a pretty solid bet if we go that route. There isn't a top end CB in this draft, but there are a lot of solid guys in the 15-25 range who will go. We do have some nice young CB's on the roster, but we need a top end young guy to really feel good about the group going forward. I do think if we got DeJean at 22 he could be a nice chess piece for us. He could be the guy at outside CB long term, but could flex inside his rookie year or even play some safety if needed. Might be the best fit at DB for us in year one.

Need to see FA to have a better idea of what holes we really have. If Reddick is traded that shakes up things quite a bit of course.

Dejean is the one perimeter guy I’d really want. I think Greg cosell maybe compared him in play style to Jalen Ramsey. A guy that you’re not fully utilizing if you’re not moving him around. Obviously he’s not as good as Ramsey, but he’s the kind of guy they can use. I’m just not thrilled by the corners in that range outside of dejean. This draft reminds me of 2020

at our range there’s one position that’s abundant in our range and I’m worried about not only taking that position but taking the wrong guy lol. In 2020 it was WR. From 10-30 there was an abundance. Jeudy, lamb, Reagor, Jefferson, aiyuk

this year is tackle

the value is going to be at that position. It’s where there’s likely to be a guy who’d typically be taken at 15 or higher at 22. It’s why the closer we get to the draft I’m almost becoming more on the trade the pick for a 24-26 year old guy that is going to come in immediately and fix a major hole.