2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Two guys who have played 16 games once in their 6ish year careers? We’re counting on them to not get hurt or significantly hurt as they age? 

The odds of them both getting hurt is high, the odds of them both getting significantly hurt is higher than your leading on. 

The odds of them both being out at the same time from say weeks 2-17  simultaneously is extremely low. That's what I'm getting at. The odds of any two particular hand-picked players getting hurt in that fashion is extremely unlikely. Could avonte be out weeks 3-8 and CGJ be out weeks 7-9? Sure. But to be left without BOTH of them for a significant portion of the season is extremely unlikely.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

You are aware that scenario is "Exactly" what occured last season, they just played for different teams? 🤔

So I can say now that the odds of it happening two years in a row is exponentially more unlikely. 

29 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

So I can say now that the odds of it happening two years in a row is exponentially more unlikely. 

You could, wouldn't necessarily make you correct, but could. 

I don't want both if they will be making anywhere close to thier 2023 salaries? On the cheap??? Sure but that's not happening most likely. 

Rather spend that money on proven healthier options and or Rookies. That's all.

Edited by Nabbs4u

24 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The odds of them both being out at the same time from say weeks 2-17  simultaneously is extremely low. That's what I'm getting at. The odds of any two particular hand-picked players getting hurt in that fashion is extremely unlikely. Could avonte be out weeks 3-8 and CGJ be out weeks 7-9? Sure. But to be left without BOTH of them for a significant portion of the season is extremely unlikely.

It’s not. But we’ll move on. Counting on oft injured players is a recipe for disaster on a team that has zero depth. 

Edited by Scalamania

26 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You could, wouldn't necessarily make you correct, but could. 

I don't want both if they will be making anywhere close to thier 2023 salaries? On the cheap??? Sure but that's not happening most likely. 

Rather spend that money on proven healthier options and or Rookies. That's all.

I don't think CGJ has a leg to stand on after not only failing to procure the deal he wanted last off season, but also being out basically all year. I don't think he can realistically ask for the same money. He isn't my first option, but I certainly think he'd instantly be the best safety on the team. Out of like 10 available guys he's probably like 5 or 6 for me. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

It’s not. But we’ll move on. Counting on oft injured players is a recipe for disaster on a team that has zero depth. 

I think he can be part of a stable of safeties on the team. Blankenship- CGJ-Brown-Nubin would be just fine by me. Could throw Bullard, Bullock, Kinchens and other names in there as well in place of Nubin.

50 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think he can be part of a stable of safeties on the team. Blankenship- CGJ-Brown-Nubin would be just fine by me. Could throw Bullard, Bullock, Kinchens and other names in there as well in place of Nubin.

This doesn’t work nor is it realistic. I get it, you like CGJ but assuming he and Maddox will be reliable for the year is a losing bet. 

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

This doesn’t work nor is it realistic. I get it, you like CGJ but assuming he and Maddox will be reliable for the year is a losing bet. 

I mean I definitely think there needs to be legit competition for Maddox in the slot. I've been saying that for months now. I'm not looking at CGJ as that though. He's a spoke in the wheel of the safety room, and an as- needed slot guy.

52 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I mean I definitely think there needs to be legit competition for Maddox in the slot. I've been saying that for months now. I'm not looking at CGJ as that though. He's a spoke in the wheel of the safety room, and an as- needed slot guy.

We actually have depth ar CB all be it young. Rodgers, Ringo, Jobe, McPherson, Goodrich.

What we are lacking severely is Safety and LB. Coming away with a minimum of 1 of these Safeties is a must, 2 if we are not planning on  drafting one in the first 3 rds.

Sydney Brown had ACL surgery January 25th. Not saying he can't be ready for week 1 but expecting him to be flying around bat out of hell, day 1 type starter is a long shot IMO.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-nfl-free-agency-rankings-safeties

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

We actually have depth ar CB all be it young. Rodgers, Ringo, Jobe, McPherson, Goodrich.

What we are lacking severely is Safety and LB. Coming away with a minimum of 1 of these Safeties is a must, 2 if we are not planning on  drafting one in the first 3 rds.

Sydney Brown had ACL surgery January 25th. Not saying he can't be ready for week 1 but expecting him to be flying around bat out of hell, day 1 type starter is a long shot IMO.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-nfl-free-agency-rankings-safeties

See I don't really call that depth. I call that a group of largely unproven players who can't be trusted to go out there and give you quality snaps. Rodgers hasn't played in a year and has never stepped foot in this defense. Ringo looked good but it was such a small sample size that I don't think I can consider him even depth yet. Jobe showed last year that he isn't quality depth. He was solid at times but mostly got beat like a drum from what I remember. Not a guy I'm calling depth.  McPherson has been here for a little while and hasn't taken any job by the horns, not a guy I'm calling depth. Goodrich is a complete unknown. Not depth. I think Ringo and Rodgers can compete for starting jobs, but their status right now cannot be assumed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

See I don't really call that depth. I call that a group of largely unproven players who can't be trusted to go out there and give you quality snaps. Rodgers hasn't played in a year and has never stepped foot in this defense. Ringo looked good but it was such a small sample size that I don't think I can consider him even depth yet. Jobe showed last year that he isn't quality depth. He was solid at times but mostly got beat like a drum from what I remember. Not a guy I'm calling depth.  McPherson has been here for a little while and hasn't taken any job by the horns, not a guy I'm calling depth. Goodrich is a complete unknown. Not depth. I think Ringo and Rodgers can compete for starting jobs, but their status right now cannot be assumed.

Pretty spot on. I am very exciting to see if Ringo can turn into something worthy. Really hope Rodgers didn't lose much sitting an entire season. At the very least take over our Returner on Kickoffs

The rest I don't think will turn into anything besides maybe ST players? 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

28 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Pretty spot on. I am very exciting to see if Ringo can turn into something worthy. Really hope Rodgers didn't lose much sitting an entire season. At the very least take over our Returner on Kickoffs

The rest I don't think will turn into anything besides maybe ST players? 

Yeah Ringo is the guy I'm most excited to track, possibly on the whole team. His play combined with what his teammates said about him gives me hope in him. Rodgers is an intriguing addition for sure. Just kinda gotta start from square 1 with him and see where he is, and what he can be. And yeah the rest of the guys should all be fighting to stay on the roster to play specials. I think we know what Jobe is and can be, and we definitely know what McPherson is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

How many quality corner do you think most teams have? The Eagles have the definition of what could be considered a bunch of depth guys.  Slay, Maddox, Rodgers have all shown they can be quality starters.  With that said, Rodgers and Maddox have both shown they can't be trusted to be available for different reason.  Ringo, Jobe, Ricks, and MacPherson have all shown they can play in the league.  The issue isn't depth.  The issue at hand is what is the ceiling of this collective group.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

How many quality corner do you think most teams have? The Eagles have the definition of what could be considered a bunch of depth guys.  Slay, Maddox, Rodgers have all shown they can be quality starters.  With that said, Rodgers and Maddox have both shown they can't be trusted to be available for different reason.  Ringo, Jobe, Ricks, and MacPherson have all shown they can play in the league.  The issue isn't depth.  The issue at hand is what is the ceiling of this collective group.

I wouldn't lump McPhearson, Jobe and Ricks in with Ringo. McPhearson hasn't been good when healthy. Jobe got beat like a drum and Ricks barely played and when he did he was feast or famine. Mostly famine. Ringo is the only one of that group I'd count as on my team moving forward.  And a lot of that comes from investment. Rodgers is a complete unknown as far as I'm concerned.