2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

I know you guys are going to talk about "Hybrid" , how many "3-4" traditional defenses are there truly....?

There is a massive difference between putting Davis as a NT ala Ngata, Wilfolk in a 3-4 and asking him to be a pass rushing DT ala Donald, Cox, McCoy ect...

I get it, given his size we all were hoping for the next Albert Haynesworth type player, without all of the issues. 

Kids in his 3rd season and will no longer be a rotational 3rd/4th DT behind Veteran Starters. For the love of God, give it time.

7 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I'm guessing you're in the Kyle Hamilton camp?

I was in the Jermaine Johnson camp (I think he'll be a 10+ sack guy starting this season), but would have been cool with Hamilton too. Or trading back for Devin Lloyd or Pitre (I had a big draft crush on Pitre). Also liked Daxton Hill as much as Hamilton. 

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

I know you guys are going to talk about "Hybrid" , how many "3-4" traditional defenses are there truly....?

There is a massive difference between putting Davis as a NT ala Ngata, Wilfolk in a 3-4 and asking him to be a pass rushing DT ala Donald, Cox, McCoy ect...

I get it, given his size we all were hoping for the next Albert Haynesworth type player, without all of the issues. 

Kids in his 3rd season and will no longer be a rotational 3rd/4th DT behind Veteran Starters. For the love of God, give it time.

I think I said it in a previous post, but idk how many straight-up strict 3-4 defensive fronts there are anymore. I don't think this will be one. I think some people think it's going to be like a Billy Davis defense when that's not true.

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I was in the Jermaine Johnson camp, but would have been cool with Hamilton too. Or trading back for Devin Lloyd or Pitre (I had a big draft crush on Pitre). Also liked Daxton Hill as much as Hamilton. 

Cool.  I'll happily take Davis over Johnson.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Cool.  I'll happily take Davis over Johnson.

Cool. Johnson gonna get 10+ sacks this year, but at least Davis will give us strong run defense before having to come off the field on 3rd down and totally gassing out after his 30th snap.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think I said it in a previous post, but idk how many straight-up strict 3-4 defensive fronts there are anymore. I don't think this will be one. I think some people think it's going to be like a Billy Davis defense when that's not true.

If we're being 💯 here, most teams base defense at this point is nickel whether it's a 3-3-5, 4-2-5 or 2-4-5 look.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Cool. Johnson gonna get 10+ sacks this year, but at least Davis will give us strong run defense before having to come off the field on 3rd down.

Didn't he start every game last year and fail to get to 10? For as much crap as guys are giving Josh Sweat this seems a bit hypocritical.

4 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Didn't he start every game last year and fail to get to 10? For as much crap as guys are giving Josh Sweat this seems a bit hypocritical.

He got 7.5 in year 2. Took Josh Sweat 4 years to hit that mark. He'll be over 10 this season. And I'll take 7.5 sacks over Jordan Davis and his 2 gallon gas tank.

Edited by Jeezla

13 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He got 7.5 in year 2. Took Josh Sweat 4 years to hit that mark. He'll be over 10 this season. And I'll take 7.5 sacks over Jordan Davis and his 2 gallon gas tank.

Sweat was also a 4th Rd pick and didn't get a chance to be a starter til year 4.  Which btw he pulled that feat off at the same age Johnson did.

7 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Sweat was also a 4th Rd pick and didn't get a chance to be a starter til year 4.  Which btw he pulled that feat off at the same age Johnson did.

Good for Sweat. Jordan Davis was a 1st round pick, did get to start in year 1, and can't do anything besides defend the run in a pass happy league. For one half at least. Then his gas tank reads empty and he's just sort of there. Who Jordan Davis is now is who he will be in 3 years. Jermaine Johnson gonna keep improving.

Edited by Jeezla

If haloti ngata can be as impactful as he was with never eclipsing 6 sacks then Jordan Davis can be as well. I’d be fine if he’s a dominant run defender and develops into that. It’s a very unique thing to have a dominant run defender inside. It makes things easier for LBs and pass rushers. If he can be the best space eater and disciplined lane clogger that’s something that helps form top defenses. He has to develop the stamina to be ngata though. And Davis was awesome first half of the season against the run. I’m fine if he can become ngata or even prime linval Joseph 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I shudder to think how some of you would do as fans of other teams.  You can't have 22 superstars out there.  DT is pretty close to the least of our worries.  They could add nothing there and be fine for the next couple years.  

Considering positional value and how much the Eagles invest in the defensive line, I don't think it is crazy to want to upgrade on an average starter who hasn't shown he can handle enough snaps to even be considered a reliable starter. I wasn't saying the Eagles need to make a move there, but they aren't set at the position either. They have one guy to build around there.  

12 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I’m fine if he can become ngata or even prime linval Joseph 

I'm fine with Eli Ricks if he can become Deion Sanders.
I'm fine with Nakobe Dean if he can become Patrick Willis.
I'm fine with Gainwell if he can become Barry Sanders.

Ngata's role was to set the edge in a league that still ran a lot. I don't think we'll be using Davis to do that.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Good for Sweat. Jordan Davis was a 1st round pick, did get to start in year 1, and can't do anything besides defend the run in a pass happy league. For one half at least. Then his gas tank reads empty and he's just sort of there. Who Jordan Davis is now is who he will be in 3 years. Jermaine Johnson gonna keep improving.

We will see.  I think you are highly overrating Johnson here and showing your clear bias against Davis.  It wasn't all that long ago people.lost their mind for taking Brandon Graham over Earl Thomas or even JPP.  That turned out pretty well for the Eagles.