Rayne Dakota Prescott

textaz03

What do you wanna see happen with Dak?   

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you wanna see happen with Dak?

• Keep and resign
    • Cut pre-June 1st
    • Cut post June 1st
    • Trade prior March 17

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Which continues to prove that Brady is exponentially better as a QB than Dak will ever be.

That game proved nothing of the sort. 🤣

The Pats scored fewer points during regulation than did the Cowboys against the Packers. 😛

3 hours ago, TVScout said:

That game proved nothing of the sort. 🤣

The Pats scored fewer points during regulation than did the Cowboys against the Packers. 😛

Oh, Jesus Christ, will you PLEASE shut up? Brady went to TEN Super Bowls. T-E-N, and WON seven of them, even with a poor performance in that Super Bowl, where he completed almost 70% of his passes for nearly 450 yards and took advantage of the soft defenses that Atlanta gave him in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Brady made them pay for the mistake, where Dak can’t even make it to a God damned NFC Title game because he craps the bed. Seriously, shut up.

9 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

.... will you PLEASE shut up?

You are the one who needs to shut up. One game proves nothing. 

Dilfer threw no ints against the giants in Super Bowl XXXV. Does that make him vastly better than Dak?

Stafford threw 2 ints but beat the Bengals in Super Bowl LVI . Does that make Stafford vastly better than Dak?

Mahomes got skunked in Super Bowl LV throwing 2 ints and no TDs. Against  Tampon Bay no less. Does that make Dak vastly superior?

Using a single game to compare QBs is statistical garbage.

41 minutes ago, TVScout said:

You are the one who needs to shut up. One game proves nothing. 

Dilfer threw no ints against the giants in Super Bowl XXXV. Does that make him vastly better than Dak?

Stafford threw 2 ints but beat the Bengals in Super Bowl LVI . Does that make Stafford vastly better than Dak?

Mahomes got skunked in Super Bowl LV throwing 2 ints and no TDs. Against  Tampon Bay no less. Does that make Dak vastly superior?

Using a single game to compare QBs is statistical garbage.

I’m not the one who refuses to accept the fact that Dak isn’t worth the money. I’m also not the one who tried to compare Dak to HOF QBs. That was you. Again, stop moving the goal posts. You don’t know what you’re talking about and are now trying to spin things away from how you have compared players in the past. Just stop talking.

23 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I’m also not the one who tried to compare Dak to HOF QBs. That was you.

Me? I was being rhetorical.

On 7/26/2024 at 8:19 PM, TVScout said:

Brady is exponentially better as a QB than Dak will ever be.

That is you using a comparison. "comparison as a noun and an act of examining differences or similarities between people or things." Dak and Tom are similar in that they both excel on deep passing. The difference is Brady is more adept in the short game.

23 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I’m not the one who refuses to accept the fact that Dak isn’t worth the money.

Who did? None of these QBs are worth the king's ransom there are being paid. But in today's NFL you must pay average QBs 9 figure contracts because there is a QB shortage.

On 7/26/2024 at 11:53 PM, plan9misfit said:

Dak can’t even make it to a God damned NFC Title game because the coaches crap the bed.

FIFY.

Edited by TVScout

15 hours ago, matt79511 said:

https://x.com/WerderEdESPN/status/1745565481891754338

Tbh I’ve been pretty much out on Dak since this tweet. How do you say this corny **** to the media with a straight face and then go down 27-0 at home to a 7-seed in the wild card round?

Maybe because he is joking and you didn't get it?

I will try to educate you one more time. Even if Dak threw no interceptions we still lose. Packers would have score 34 points  We scored 32 points. Which number is bigger?

8 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Maybe because he is joking and you didn't get it?

I will try to educate you one more time. Even if Dak threw no interceptions we still lose. Packers would have score 34 points  We scored 32 points. Which number is bigger?

The thing with a joke is it's supposed to be funny. I imagine the rest of the league was laughing at 27-0 and 48-16, but I would propose that wasn't Dak's intent.

2 minutes ago, TVScout said:

It also wasn't his fault. He was not the reason the Packers scored 34 points. 

You realize even Mina Kimes (progenitor of your beloved "Wins are not a QB stat" shtick) and Dave Helman, two of the more unapologetic Dak Stans on the internet, agreed on her recent podcast that he was bad in that playoff game? I believe Helman called it one of Dak's worst games in years.

Bro, you are practically alone in thinking that his level of play was acceptable that afternoon and continuing to argue as much half a year later. Even if GB had scored 100 points that doesn't mean Prescott's individual performance has always been up to snuff. He's thrown for less than 100 yards at halftime of 4 of Dallas' last 5 playoff games dating back to 2018 (so, across 3 different offensive coordinators). He consistently puts us in a hole in these games, and worst of all you can see in his eyes that he knows it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, matt79511 said:

You realize even Mina Kimes (progenitor of your beloved "Wins are not a QB stat" shtick) and Dave Helman, two of the more unapologetic Dak Stans on the internet, agreed on her recent podcast that he was bad in that playoff game? I believe Helman called it one of Dak's worst games in years.

Bro, you are practically alone in thinking that his level of play was acceptable that afternoon and continuing to argue as much half a year later. Even if GB had scored 100 points that doesn't mean Prescott's individual performance has always been up to snuff. He's thrown for less than 100 yards at halftime of 4 of Dallas' last 5 playoff games dating back to 2018 (so, across 3 different offensive coordinators). He consistently puts us in a hole in these games, and worst of all you can see in his eyes that he knows it.

He’s also alone in claiming that all of Dak’s failures against teams with winning records and in the playoffs are solely due to coaching. It’s utterly absurd that a QB shouldn’t and can’t be held accountable for literally crapping the bed with such terrible play.

Edited by plan9misfit

53 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

He’s also alone in claiming that all of Dak’s failures against teams with winning records and in the playoffs are solely due to coaching. It’s utterly absurd that a QB shouldn’t and can’t be held accountable for literally crapping the bed with such terrible play.

As you may recall, I was in the camp that was in favor of extending Dak the first time around. Players like Carr, Stafford and Cousins had recently reset the market with little to no postseason skins on the wall- it just seemed like “what you do” with a young, Pro Bowl caliber QB. He was only 27, and seemingly still ascendant.

Now, he turns 31 tomorrow, with as many multi-week injuries as playoff wins as a Cowboy. Someone had a stat that I can’t find, that amongst 14 QBs since 2020 with some minimum playoff pass attempt threshold, he’s basically 11th, 12th or 13th in every statistical category. That’s not getting it done at $40M/yr, and it’s hard to see why it would get it done at 60.

4 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

As you may recall, I was in the camp that was in favor of extending Dak the first time around. Players like Carr, Stafford and Cousins had recently reset the market with little to no postseason skins on the wall- it just seemed like “what you do” with a young, Pro Bowl caliber QB. He was only 27, and seemingly still ascendant.

Now, he turns 31 tomorrow, with as many multi-week injuries as playoff wins as a Cowboy. Someone had a stat that I can’t find, that amongst 14 QBs since 2020 with some minimum playoff pass attempt threshold, he’s basically 11th, 12th or 13th in every statistical category. That’s not getting it done at $40M/yr, and it’s hard to see why it would get it done at 60.

My position is the same: let him walk. I don’t care that he came in second in MVP voting. His record against teams above .500 and in the playoffs is abysmal. You know what you’re getting at this point. And more importantly, you know what you aren’t getting. Knowing that he can’t perform when it matters isn’t good enough, even at a reduced salary, because all that means is that you’re paying him less money to lose, rather than paying him more money to lose. Regardless, he loses. 70% of zero is the same as 100% of zero. It still calculates to zero. It’s not like he’s going to get better at this point in his career. 

And, the Kirk Cousins comparison is perfect. He’s been paid a metric ish-ton of money, and it’s resulted in nothing. Minnesota finally recognized that and let him walk, because a losing QB isn’t worth the money, regardless of salary. I’d rather take my chances with someone else. An unknown is better than the known in this case.

I didn’t want to pay Dak 4 years ago because it was pretty obvious he had limitations that we would no longer be able to afford to fix. Cap casualties have included:

Dez Bryant, Amari Cooper, Tyron Smith, Byron Jones, Dalton Schultz, Stephon Gilmore, Chido Awuzie, Tyler Biadasz, Conner McGovern, and we’ve been able to bring almost zero free agents in over the last 5-6 years. Every year the roster just gets worse and worse until you go from barely losing to the 49ers with Daks famous Hail-mary-QB-sneak attempt, to only putting up 12 points against them and throwing two picks the next year, to getting the brakes beat off you 27-0 two years later. 

And THIS year our roster deficiencies have come to a head. This will be a painful season, and you aren’t fixing it without a time machine. 

I understand how half the people on this board were unable to see Dak for what he was. After all, we’re just fans. I just don’t understand how the Cowboys brass didn’t see it. Because it was obvious to some of us signing Dak was going to kill this team. 

We were told that his contract was necessary or we would return to the dark ages.(We are 8-2 in the last 10 games without Dak Prescott). Hell the last time we beat the SF 49ers, Andy Dalton had to do it. 

We were told his contract would look better after Brady, Brees, Stafford, and Rodgers retired. Because Dak would then be one of the best QBs in the NFL. But half those QBs are still here and the ones that aren’t weren’t replaced by Dak at the top of the list. Guys like Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, Herbert, and Tua are replacing them. 

Its been 4 years. The contract didn’t look good then and it looks even worse now. Probably the 2nd worse contract in the entire NFL(Thanks CLE)

I’ll close with this. People probably wouldn’t hate Dak so much if his supporters weren’t the most insufferable Cowboys fans alive. Quit comparing him to Tom Brady. Quit Comparing him to Peyton Manning. Quit comparing him to Patrick Mahomes. Quit saying he’s better than Josh Allen. You guys are the loudest, and least knowledgeable fans on the internet.

• Like 2