Rayne Dakota Prescott

textaz03

What do you wanna see happen with Dak?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. What do you wanna see happen with Dak?

• Keep and resign
    • Cut pre-June 1st
    • Cut post June 1st
    • Trade prior March 17

48 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Better than Peyton

Obviously better than Peyton… no question.  Sure, some people will say stupid things like “winning” matters.  Stupid ish like “Dak has been an nfl qb for 8 years and only won 2 playoff games (one against a team with a LOSING record).  Peyton after 8 years had already won a SB and been to the AFC championship game 3 times.”  Such a stupid argument.  F that noise!  Give me STATS every freaking time! 

Just now, The_Slamman said:

Obviously better than Peyton… no question.  Sure, some people will say stupid things like “winning” matters.  Stupid ish like “Dak has been an nfl qb for 8 years and only won 2 playoff games (one against a team with a LOSING record).  Peyton after 8 years had already won a SB and been to the AFC championship game 3 times.”  Such a stupid argument.  F that noise!  Give me STATS every freaking time! 

Nope, Peyton was 3-6 after 8 years - he won the SB in his 9th season while goi. 3TD and 7INTs during the playoffs (such a GOAT!! Performance)

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Yeah, you way off on what Peyton had done his first 8 seasons … No Super Bowl and only 1 AFC Championship game where he played like crapped , I get it , you hate Dak, but at least get your facts right on Peyton 🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, PincheJimmy said:

Yeah, you way off on what Peyton had done his first 8 seasons … No Super Bowl and only 1 AFC Championship game where he played like crapped , I get it , you hate Dak, but at least get your facts right on Peyton 🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

Got it.  Peyton won the SB in year 9.  So, Peyton will only be better than Dak after next year when Dak fails us again.  Which is fine BTW… just as Dak puts up great stats against bad teams.

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

Got it.  Peyton won the SB in year 9.  So, Peyton will only be better than Dak after next year when Dak fails us again.  Which is fine BTW… just as Dak puts up great stats against bad teams.

Or maybe we win the Super Bowl despite Dak playing like garbage and Aubrey and our D carry us to glory!

5 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Never said Dak was better than Peyton , MH was just pointing out similar their careers have been up to that point. I figure you smart enough to know that 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, PincheJimmy said:

Never said Dak was better than Peyton , MH was just pointing out similar their careers have been up to that point. I figure you smart enough to know that 🤷‍♂️

And how asinine it would be to trade Dak

2 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

And how asinine it would be to trade Dak

Agreed.  People just don’t get it.  When you have a QB that puts up great stats against bad teams and can virtually guarantee you a wild card loss every year, who would want to improve on that?  It’s truly asinine that some “fans” want the team to improve.  Did those idiots forget the time that he played a team with a losing record in the playoffs and won?  Screw NFC Championship games and SBs.  We want stats and a .28 winning percentage in the playoffs.  Who’s got it better than us?  NOBODY!  

1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

Agreed.  People just don’t get it.  When you have a QB that puts up great stats against bad teams and can virtually guarantee you a wild card loss every year, who would want to improve on that?  It’s truly asinine that some “fans” want the team to improve.  Did those idiots forget the time that he played a team with a losing record in the playoffs and won?  Screw NFC Championship games and SBs.  We want stats and a .28 winning percentage in the playoffs.  Who’s got it better than us?  NOBODY!  

You trade Dak and get who? We aren’t near the top 5 for one of the big 3 this year and next years class is absolute garbage.  So you think Trey Lance is going to do better? Penix? Nix? You trade Dak and we’re bottom feeders for atleast 3 years and that’s IF we hit the lottery and find a great QB in the draft which is a long shot 

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

The problem @The_Slamman is you assume because Dak hasn’t done it yet, that he can’t do it in the future, hence the Peyton Manning note.  Peyton went on to go to four SBs and win 2, but played piss poor in most of his post season games 

It’s more than an assumption.  It’s like investing in stocks.  There are things that can change the value of the stock but if the sales stay stagnant, the expenditures don’t go down and there’s no new innovation… I can very reasonably predict the value of the stock is not going to go up.

At this point we know who Dak is.  The problem is that the more we pay Dak, Dak will have to overcome the shortcomings that result from giving 1 person nearly 25% of the salary cap.  Mahomes has proven he is good enough to overcome losing great players.  He won a SB last year with 2 rookie OL, nobody RBs, and nobody WRs.  That’s not Dak.  But paying Dak like he is good enough to overcome shortcomings only hurts the team… it’s a poor investment.  You cannot expect better results by keeping Dak at the expense of losing 3 offensive starters.  Dak was horrible (again) in the playoffs in a nearly ideal situation… at home, healthy, elite WR, 3 elite OLmen and an above average run game.  It’s doesn’t take much brain power to realize that keeping Dak but losing good players around him is not an improvement.

1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

It’s more than an assumption.  It’s like investing in stocks.  There are things that can change the value of the stock but if the sales stay stagnant, the expenditures don’t go down and there’s no new innovation… I can very reasonably predict the value of the stock is not going to go up.

At this point we know who Dak is.  The problem is that the more we pay Dak, Dak will have to overcome the shortcomings that result from giving 1 person nearly 25% of the salary cap.  Mahomes has proven he is good enough to overcome losing great players.  He won a SB last year with 2 rookie OL, nobody RBs, and nobody WRs.  That’s not Dak.  But paying Dak like he is good enough to overcome shortcomings only hurts the team… it’s a poor investment.  You cannot expect better results by keeping Dak at the expense of losing 3 offensive starters.  Dak was horrible (again) in the playoffs in a nearly ideal situation… at home, healthy, elite WR, 3 elite OLmen and an above average run game.  It’s doesn’t take much brain power to realize that keeping Dak but losing good players around him is not an improvement.

I understand what you’re saying, and if we were guaranteed to not win a meaningful game for the rest of Dak’s career, I would deal him in a heartbeat and start looking for the next guy, but we have no way of knowing the future.  

And as much you feel like you know what Dak is capable of, the VERY SAME THINGS were being said about Peyton in 2003-2004.  He played like garbage in the playoffs, even when they DID win a superbowl he played like crap.

Is Dak Mahomes? Of course not - never will be - but he’s a heckuva lot better than Eli Manning or Joe Flacco ever were. And even as great as Rodgers and Wilson were, they both only ever got one ring. The likelihood of us getting a Super Bowl with Dak in the next 5-8 years is actually probably higher than the likelihood of us drafting a franchise QB in the next 5-8 years.

Now do I think Dak deserves 25% of our cap? No, and I’m pretty sure we can get that number more in line with the rest of the top 5 QBs, and it’s only that high now because it’s the end of his old contract and we always backload contracts.  A restructure and extension would likely drop him into the mid teens or perhaps lower.

I believe we can extend Dak and Lamb, resign a handful of our top guys headed to FA, and still sign 5-8 strong FAs (as demonstrated in my mock offseason). However, unless a team out there is willing to give us a Stafford level trade (multiple firsts), I just don’t see the upside of walking away from Dak.  Even if it’s Chicago’s top 2 picks this year, are we drafting Caleb with a lame duck HC? Or are we extending McCarthy and letting him groom up Caleb? If we don’t take Caleb and roll with Lance, trading down from 1.1 and taking a guy like MHJR and an elite OT, what’s our long term plan? New HC next year but no QBs worth drafting at this point. So then wait till 2026 and hope we have a top 5 pick? I just don’t see the positive of that scenario 

2 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

You trade Dak and get who? We aren’t near the top 5 for one of the big 3 this year and next years class is absolute garbage.  So you think Trey Lance is going to do better? Penix? Nix? You trade Dak and we’re bottom feeders for atleast 3 years and that’s IF we hit the lottery and find a great QB in the draft which is a long shot 

If we trade Dak, we are far from bottom feeders.  Perhaps you didn’t watch football last year (idk… you didn’t post in here 😉).  Are you ready for this… Cooper Rush played against better competition and had a higher winning % than Dak did.  Think about that.  We weren’t bottom feeding without Dak.  Cooper Rush had a much better winning percentage than Dak.  So, it’s not like there was this huge drop off.  We were just fine.

And, every year, teams with QBs on rookie deals do very well in the playoffs… brock purdy, Jalen hurts, Joe burrow, Patrick mahomes and Carson Wentz.  You know what teams don’t do well in the playoffs?  Teams who overpay for QBs that aren’t good enough to make up for the void created by overpaying the QB.  But an interesting side note to reinforce what I’m saying… one overpriced QB actually did okay… Jared Goff.  Goff benefited from the lions having enormous draft capital from past couple years which gave him a great running game, OL and very good WRs.  So, yeah, give me the draft capital from trading Dak, create salary cap space… and put together a team that absolutely dominates the trenches and I’d happily roll with a rookie qb for the next 5 years.  Although it is entirely possible that Goff really is just that much better than Dak.  Goff has made good playoff runs w/ 2 different teams while Dak keeps shatting the bed.

9 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

If we trade Dak, we are far from bottom feeders.  Perhaps you didn’t watch football last year (idk… you didn’t post in here 😉).  Are you ready for this… Cooper Rush played against better competition and had a higher winning % than Dak did.  Think about that.  We weren’t bottom feeding without Dak.  Cooper Rush had a much better winning percentage than Dak.  So, it’s not like there was this huge drop off.  We were just fine.

And, every year, teams with QBs on rookie deals do very well in the playoffs… brock purdy, Jalen hurts, Joe burrow, Patrick mahomes and Carson Wentz.  You know what teams don’t do well in the playoffs?  Teams who overpay for QBs that aren’t good enough to make up for the void created by overpaying the QB.  But an interesting side note to reinforce what I’m saying… one overpriced QB actually did okay… Jared Goff.  Goff benefited from the lions having enormous draft capital from past couple years which gave him a great running game, OL and very good WRs.  So, yeah, give me the draft capital from trading Dak, create salary cap space… and put together a team that absolutely dominates the trenches and I’d happily roll with a rookie qb for the next 5 years.  Although it is entirely possible that Goff really is just that much better than Dak.  Goff has made good playoff runs w/ 2 different teams while Dak keeps shatting the bed.

You know what all those teams outside of the 49ers had in common? Top 10 picks because they were garbage before they hit. And for every Mahomes, there are a dozen Trubisky’s.  So how are we getting that rookie QB if we aren’t bottom feeders? We really think Rush is good? Why’d we drop a 4th and trade for Lance then? Clearly the coaches don’t believe in Cooper or we would have kept that pick and he’d be our guy.  You’re also using a 5 game sample size with no pressure and comparing it to a MVP-caliber QB coming off an elite season who you admit is great in the regular season (same time Rush got to show his stuff) but bashing him because he hasn’t won much in the playoffs.  How’s that logical?