Rayne Dakota Prescott

textaz03

What do you wanna see happen with Dak?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. What do you wanna see happen with Dak?

• Keep and resign
    • Cut pre-June 1st
    • Cut post June 1st
    • Trade prior March 17

45 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Sucking is usually caused by having terrible or bad QB play

Going from sucking to good is usually tied to finding a good QB (Burrows and Herbert)

So why would we want to go from having an MVP caliber QB to a bad QB so that we can suck for years in an effort to hopefully hit the jackpot and find a good QB in the draft when we already have one?

Because we will never improve beyond what we are with Dak.  We are losing more good players than we are gaining.  And we’ve had the same attrition every year since we started paying Dak elite QB money.  Because Dak counts $60m against the cap, we will likely lose Smith, Biadasz, Gilmore, and Pollard.  That’s not even counting players like Vander Esch, Gallup, Armstrong, etc.  

On the other hand, if we hit on a rookie qb who plays on a rookie deal for 5 years, we can add good players instead of losing them.  The Texans have $70m in cap space, have a QB making $9m a year for the next 4 years.  I’m sorry but I like their chances of winning a SB in the next 4 years a lot more than I like the cowboys if we re-sign Dak.  

How many Quincy Carters, Johnny Manzels, Blake Bortles and Marcus Marriotas are you willing to put up with to try and find that CJ Stroud?  

We hit the jackpot in 2016 with Dak in the 4th and we still ain’t happy

18 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

lose Smith

Tyron is out because he is too old to play anymore. 

18 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Biadasz, Gilmore, and Pollard

Easily replaced.

19 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Vander Esch, Gallup, Armstrong

Same.

If we can’t justify paying an MVP Caliber QB, playing the most vital and hardest position in the game to play, a MARKET VALUE CONTRACT, how on earth do you justify paying anyone anything above the 10th best contract at any position?

And if you look at the recent SB winners, the thing they all have in common is a QB getting paid a market rate contract.  Stafford, Mahomes, Brady - all high paid QBs

Edited by MaddHatter

29 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

How many Quincy Carters, Johnny Manzels, Blake Bortles and Marcus Marriotas are you willing to put up with to try and find that CJ Stroud?  

Yeah, I get it… you are content with wild card weekend.  That’s what Dak will give us.  I wouldn’t really call it a jackpot. I’d prefer a baseball analogy… Mahomes is a grand slam.  The Ryan Leaf is a strikeout.  Dak is a stand up double.  But in the post season Dak, our best case scenario for Dak would be HBP.  

10 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

If we can’t justify paying an MVP Caliber QB, playing the most vital and hardest position in the game to play, a MARKET VALUE CONTRACT, how on earth do you justify paying anyone anything above the 10th best contract at any position?

And if you look at the recent SB winners, the thing they all have in common is a QB getting paid a market rate contract.  Stafford, Mahomes, Brady - all high paid QBs

You understand that we tried that already, right?  We paid Dak market value and it did not improve the team.  Before Dak got paid elite money, his record in the playoffs was 1-3.  Since being paid elite money, his record is 1-4 (that win came against a team with a 8-9 regular season record).  How exactly did paying Dak improve the team?  If anything, I’d say the 2016 and 2018 teams gave us the best chances of advancing beyond the divisional round and that was BEFORE Dak got paid.

12 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

You understand that we tried that already, right?  We paid Dak market value and it did not improve the team.  Before Dak got paid elite money, his record in the playoffs was 1-3.  Since being paid elite money, his record is 1-4 (that win came against a team with a 8-9 regular season record).  How exactly did paying Dak improve the team?  If anything, I’d say the 2016 and 2018 teams gave us the best chances of advancing beyond the divisional round and that was BEFORE Dak got paid.

We really didn’t capitalize on Daks rookie contract because we were paying Tony Romo a big QB contract for his first 3 years. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Lol Y’all are so scared to do anything. 

What if I Fall!? Oh but my darling what if you fly?

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Lol Y’all are so scared to do anything. 

What if I Fall!? Oh but my darling what if you fly?

Scared? No - just realistic... if Eli Manning can win a Super Bowl, I promise you Dak can.  Having a MVP-caliber QB is NOT the problem this team faces and paying him market value is NOT why they haven't won a Super Bowl yet.  People suggesting dumping him and starting over and trying to win with a rookie QB on a rookie contract are completely ignorant to the lightning-in-a-bottle scenario that really is.  

2 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Scared? No - just realistic... if Eli Manning can win a Super Bowl, I promise you Dak can.  Having a MVP-caliber QB is NOT the problem this team faces and paying him market value is NOT why they haven't won a Super Bowl yet.  People suggesting dumping him and starting over and trying to win with a rookie QB on a rookie contract are completely ignorant to the lightning-in-a-bottle scenario that really is.  

Rookie QB contract are incredibly valuable to building a competitive roster, so are 1st round talents

Edited by DaBoys

I think the number one thing the Dak supporters are missing is they think it is better to lose in the WC round every other year then to have a 4-13 season. It’s not. Mediocre is worse than bad. 

I invite you all to study the region beta paradox. 

Take the Eagles for example. They’ve been to the superbowl twice since Dak was drafted with 2(3?) different QBs. Wentz was bad enough it forced them to do something about it. They weren’t scared of drafting a QB in round 2. They weren’t scared to trade Wentz for a 1st and 3rd. Which they then used to acquire AJ Brown. 

Region Beta Paradox. 

• Like 1

F it - you’re right - let’s draft Spencer Rattler and send Dak off for a first and 3rd so we can suck for the next 5years.  While we’re at it, let’s trade DLaw, Micah, Lamb, Diggs, Bland and Tyler.  We clearly don’t need them and their high cost contracts.  Then let’s trade all our picks this year for future picks and load up on firsts and seconds for 2027

2 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

F it - you’re right - let’s draft Spencer Rattler and send Dak off for a first and 3rd so we can suck for the next 5years.  While we’re at it, let’s trade DLaw, Micah, Lamb, Diggs, Bland and Tyler.  We clearly don’t need them and their high cost contracts.  Then let’s trade all our picks this year for future picks and load up on firsts and seconds for 2027

The Eagles have definitely “sucked” since trading Wentz and drafting a QB who had to transfer away from Tua. Lol