Rayne Dakota Prescott

textaz03

What do you wanna see happen with Dak?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. What do you wanna see happen with Dak?

• Keep and resign
    • Cut pre-June 1st
    • Cut post June 1st
    • Trade prior March 17

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

What I’m saying is that those are excuses for him crapping the bed in the first three quarters of games and then putting up numbers against soft defenses late. When a team is down like we were so many times, a smart coach will put the opposing offense in a position which extends drives, but limits possessions. And that’s what we saw every time. Dak “balled out” (which he didn’t), but the offense didn’t have enough time to ensure that there were enough possessions for them to come back and win. Smart coaches know how to use a clock well enough to make that work. And, it happened to us multiple times in the playoffs over the last many years. Why? Because when you play like hot garbage in the first three quarters, the odds of coming back and winning are incredibly remote.

Again, Dak shrinks mentally in big games against quality teams. We see if every year. Why do people keep apologizing for this? It’s happened with different players and different coaches. At some point, he needs to shoulder accountability just like everyone else. He shouldn’t keep getting a pass. Yet, too many people give them to him. The facts are the facts. He isn’t good enough to win big games.

"Crapping the bed" in the first 3 Quarters was leading 4 scoring drives, 3 of them 8+ play drives and the 4th being a 4play 75yd drive for a TD?
He then balled out with two drives of 60 and 80yds and a 3rd of 40yds for the Game Tying FG with seconds left in the 4th quarter where he threw 2 Touchdowns.  Leave it to our Defense to surrender a game winning FG Drive with 30 seconds left from 51yds (albeit to the great Aaron Rodgers).

Dak's stats by Quarter:
1st - 5 of 9 for 74yds
2nd - 6 of 10 for 95yds 1 TD + 4yds rushing
3rd - 4 of 6 for 41yds + 9yds rushing 1 INT (Screen pass to Beasley, Lamb misses his block and it's picked off - hardly on Dak, but okay)
4th - 9 of 13 for 116yds 2TDs + 2PC + 4QC + GTD

Exactly where was the proverbial bed crapping you're speaking of?  And this was as a rookie, while he was making a $450k salary (since apparently that was relevant in the Dak vs. Brock convo).  In fact, in that game, Dak played step for step with a future HOFer and all-time great - Rodgers went 28 of 43 (65%) for 355yds (8.2YPA) and 2 TD 1INT while Dak was 24 of 38(63%) for 302yds (7.9YPA) 3TDs and 1 INT.  Did Rodgers crap the bed late when they gave up a 2TD lead?  Does Rodgers struggling mentally in big games against quality teams?  Inquiring minds must know...

It’s literally impossible to have 8 years of evidence and have it rest on everyone else but the QB.

That is a description of John Elway and his decade of futility in Denver.

Yes, the coaches failed at times.

Almost everytime.

As far as the QB goes, you let Dak go and see if Trey Lance can play.

Waive Dak today right now and put Lance in for 2024?

First GB game: 13 points in the first 3 quarters

Seahawks playoff games: 10 points in first 3 quarters

rams playoffs: 15 points in first 3 quarters 

first SF playoffs game: 7 points in first 3 quarters

TB playoff game: 24 points in first 3 quarters

2nd 49ers playoff game: 9 points in first 3 Qts

2nd GB playoff game: 16 points in first 3 quarters

Outside the TB playoffs game Dak has 10 TDs  and 7 interceptions and a 1-5 playoff record. 

Definitely balled out 

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

First GB game: 13 points in the first 3 quarters

Seahawks playoff games: 10 points in first 3 quarters

rams playoffs: 15 points in first 3 quarters 

first SF playoffs game: 7 points in first 3 quarters

TB playoff game: 24 points in first 3 quarters

2nd 49ers playoff game: 9 points in first 3 Qts

2nd GB playoff game: 16 points in first 3 quarters

Outside the TB playoffs game Dak has 10 TDs  and 7 interceptions and a 1-5 playoff record. 

Definitely balled out 

@MaddHatter, here are his numbers.

And, pull up his quarter-by-quarter stats, and those numbers through the first three quarters of each game look even worse That was my point.

Thank you, @DaBoys, for pulling that information. I really appreciate it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

@MaddHatter, here are his numbers.

And, pull up his quarter-by-quarter stats, and those numbers through the first three quarters of each game look even worse That was my point.

Thank you, @DaBoys, for pulling that information. I really appreciate it. 

I did post his Quarter by Quarter numbers - you seem to be ignoring how they weren’t “crapping the bed”

Dak's stats by Quarter:
1st - 5 of 9 for 74yds
3rd - 4 of 6 for 41yds + 9yds rushing 1 INT (Screen pass to Beasley, Lamb misses his block and it's picked off - hardly on Dak, but okay)

2 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

I did post his Quarter by Quarter numbers - you seem to be ignoring how they weren’t “crapping the bed”

Dak's stats by Quarter:
1st - 5 of 9 for 74yds

And where are the rest of the games? I’ve said this many times before: rewatch the games from a football perspective and not as a Cowboys fan. His shortcomings jump off the screen.

It’s honestly mind boggling that any well meaning Cowboys fan would advocate for Dak to get a market value contract.  It’s literally the epitome of stupidity to give Dak 25% of the salary cap.  There are maybe 3 QBs who are worth that type of money.  Amazingly 2 of the 3 took franchise friendly deals.  To Plans point… let’s see what happens to SF if they pay Purdy market value in 3 years.  Right now they benefit from having an incredibly strong, veteran roster.  That won’t the case when they pay purdy 25% of the salary cap.  

going to back to focus on the stupidity part… somebody needs to explain to me the mindset behind the logic of thinking that all of a sudden Dak can do more with less.  Honestly, the playoff run this year Dak actually did less with more.  How does paying Dak even more money IMPROVE the team?

Are some fans really dumb  enough to be like… “We got Dak!  All we need is MVS, Skyy Moore and Rashee Rice and LFG!!!”?  

Edited by The_Slamman
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, PincheJimmy said:

Cooper Rush of course 🙄, or we can trade for Josh Dobbs, heard on here he’s just as good as Dak, if not better 🤷‍♂️

Amen!!!  I’m glad people still remember how Dobbs manhandled Dak this year. Give us Josh Dobbs at $1,035,000 over Dak at $60m any day.  With that extra $59m, we could build up the best trenches in the NFL.  

8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

And where are the rest of the games? I’ve said this many times before: rewatch the games from a football perspective and not as a Cowboys fan. His shortcomings jump off the screen.

We can address those games individually as well, but right now we’re starting with year 1 as a rookie against Green Bay.  You claim he lacks the mentality to play well in the playoffs, but if that were true he would shrink in the 4th quarter and be unable to lead a game winning drive, yet he does just that… 

8 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Amen!!!  I’m glad people still remember how Dobbs manhandled Dak this year. Give us Josh Dobbs at $1,035,000 over Dak at $60m any day.  With that extra $59m, we could build up the best trenches in the NFL.  

Dobbs is good for one good game then he’ll suck the air out of every drive the rest of the season.  Dude is a Vol and as smart as they get but he’s a bottom 30 talent out of the 90 QBs in the NFL