Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

12 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Speed? Nabers. Body control? Even. Route running? Nabers. Run after catch? Nabers. Production? Nabers. 

I take production, to an extent, out of it. OSU had a lot of halves where MHJr didn’t get a target and they used him as a decoy. Additionally he took a huge downgrade from Stroud to McCord, who I have as a UDFA grade on for the future.  I think that route running tips MHJrs way. His hands and catch radius IMO are also better than Nabers. 

This class reminds me a bunch of the 2014 class. Three really good guys, one I believe is the cream of the crop, but may not go first because a really good player convinced a team he should go first. I think the production from these three guys will be like Watkins, OBJ, Evans where Watkins was the freak who did unexpected things (Nabors), OBJ made the highlight reel plays (Odunze), and Evans just did stuff well rounded (MHJr). But then that class also had Cooks, Adams, Robinson, Landry, Bryant. 

10 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Based on what?

Based on film. 

doesn't have to learn to run routes.

Doesn't need to learn late hands

doesn't need to learn to high point.

doesn't need to learn to read a DB and alter his route.

Doesn't need to learn to beat press coverage off the line.

Has all of those skills.  Has been tutored to be a great NFL WR from a HOF WR.

5 hours ago, warfelg said:

I think MHJr's biggest issue is prospect fatigue. Williams suffered it towards the end of the season. Aiden Hutchenson suffered with it and ended up not going #1 because of it.

I wouldn't call it fatigue. I'd say people have a bad habit of crown I players before the new seasons even start. Then they speak on it like it's facts. On the film I watched, Nabors is the better player but that's my opinion. Either way someone will be happy drafting Nabers and Harrison.

WR Marvin Harrison Jr. will not be working out for scouts at his Pro Day today, per @AlbertBreer

That's clearly a red flag...what's wrong with y'alls man? He don't want to compete plus he doesn't want to talk. How can you compare him to others when he's afraid to test? Scared of everyone seeing that 4.5 speed lol

Just now, armsteeld said:

Either way someone will be happy drafting Nabers and Harrison.

This is the important part.  It’s splitting 3 pretty great hairs between Nabors, Harrison, and Odunze.

1 minute ago, armsteeld said:

I wouldn't call it fatigue. I'd say people have a bad habit of crown I players before the new seasons even start.

That’s why I call it fatigue though, we heard so much about how good he is for so long that everyone looks to others and go “well what about…”. It’s not bad, not good, not here or there, but more just my feeling of what happens at times.  I think that Tua suffered from this.  Him, Burrow, and Herbert were so great, and should have gone some order of 1/2/3 in that draft, but Washington, NYG and Detroit all overthought it and some QB needy teams sat back and didn’t do something.  To sit back now and say that Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, and Andrew Thomas all went over Tua and Herbert looks kinda silly.

For the record, IMO MHJr is my personal best WR prospect in the last 10-ish years, but Nabors is a 2A with Chase.

3 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

WR Marvin Harrison Jr. will not be working out for scouts at his Pro Day today, per @AlbertBreer

That's clearly a red flag...what's wrong with y'alls man? He don't want to compete plus he doesn't want to talk. How can you compare him to others when he's afraid to test? Scared of everyone seeing that 4.5 speed lol

https://x.com/AlbertBreer/status/1770426714067283997?s=20

Also boom Breer:

We laid out Marvin Harrison Jr.'s logic prior to the Combine: https://si.com/nfl/2024/02/26/takeaways-harrison-draft-combine-free-agency-franchise-tag. He's preparing for the NFL season, and doing it at OSU, rather than training to run 40s. He asked the 9 teams he met with in Indy if they needed to see anything at Pro Day. They all said no.

Also, if Arizona made a commitment to take MHJr at 4, his agent is confident QB’s go 1-3, and Arizona doesn’t need him to work out to prove being worth the pick, then why should he expose himself to the risk of injury.

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/AlbertBreer/status/1770426714067283997?s=20

Also boom Breer:

We laid out Marvin Harrison Jr.'s logic prior to the Combine: https://si.com/nfl/2024/02/26/takeaways-harrison-draft-combine-free-agency-franchise-tag. He's preparing for the NFL season, and doing it at OSU, rather than training to run 40s. He asked the 9 teams he met with in Indy if they needed to see anything at Pro Day. They all said no.

Those teams are dumb. Regardless of how things look on film, I want to see it in person. That's why Coach Tomlin is all up in those drills. Some movements you won't notice on film that you can see in person. Example tightness running routes to the right or unable to snap routes at a particular angle you like. Oh well, will be interesting if Nabers runs a 4.3 or faster at his pro day on March 27th.

1 minute ago, armsteeld said:

Those teams are dumb. Regardless of how things look on film, I want to see it in person. That's why Coach Tomlin is all up in those drills. Some movements you won't notice on film that you can see in person. Example tightness running routes to the right or unable to snap routes at a particular angle you like. Oh well, will be interesting if Nabers runs a 4.3 or faster at his pro day on March 27th.

So the problem is the team that made a promise not MHJr then.

In the NHL, MLB, NBA this happens all the time where players don’t workout.  They get invites then from some teams and they do those workouts that those teams want to see then.  I would venture to say we’re going to trend to less and less 1st round talents, especially high 1st, working out in a public setting.  All they do is expose themselves to negative media talk and injuries.