Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

19 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Worth noting Legette has some of the worst analytical stats for predictive success of any WR in the draft

- Didn’t break out until his 5th year and already 23

- 30th of all WRs in QBR when targeted

- 35th (last) in career yards per route run

- 35 (last) PFF grade vs zone coverage 

- 43% contested catch rate

He’s a fascinating prospect but those numbers worry me. I fell for Jonathan Mingo last year and I feel like Legette could have a similar fate (not that Mingo couldn’t end up being a good player, but he had an awful rookie year and was overdrafted)

To be fair South Carolinas OL was god aweful the last few years. 

The lack of stats against zone is what kinda makes my point to a degree. His not about to move into spaces well. I wish I could find his gauntlet drill on the down the line view because it’s really good. You’d see him weave 1-2 yards as he looks for the next guy. That’s the hip tightness. I know he didn’t do shuttle or 3-cone at the combine and I can’t find evidence of it from his pro day. So if I’m a team that questioned his hip movement I got a red flag on his lack of testing there. 

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Looks like Latham has skipped out on all athletic testing. He doesn't look like the most athletic dude there is, so no telling how bad his times were. I think Mims might go before him.

I would be interested to know how much NFL teams actually put into some of the testing. I’ve always been much more interested in how they look on tape, drafting off of a stopwatch turns you into Al Davis. I think you’ll start seeing more and more guys doing what Harrison and Latham did in the next few years. Just my take not saying it’s right or wrong 

1 hour ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

I would be interested to know how much NFL teams actually put into some of the testing. I’ve always been much more interested in how they look on tape, drafting off of a stopwatch turns you into Al Davis. I think you’ll start seeing more and more guys doing what Harrison and Latham did in the next few years. Just my take not saying it’s right or wrong 

I am much less concerned about this kind of thing with the right tackle prospects, but that’s just me.

I’ve seen those clips as a knock against Frazier floating around. That should be a knock against WVU’s coaches. Leaving anyone one on one against a NT Sweats size inside the 5 on a power run from shotgun is stupid. 

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Also - Aramis Mims. Bet he’s the 1st round pick. 

Let’s just say that the temptation of that pick would be hard to pass up, and, let’s also face it, he may have the highest ceiling in this draft. The FO is in ‘go for it’ mode, so this would be a go for it pick. If Mims is drafted, he will compete with Moore, on the right side. Jones is your LT. 

That said, I have a funny feeling Moore may actually end up in competition on the left side, should a certain Nittany Lion fall due to the talented right tackle types, the over drafting of QBs, the incredible first tier of WRs, etc. I think it’s pivotal that the Jets filled all of their wholes in a big wave. They are loaded, might be the third best AFC team on paper if Rodgers can go. What I am saying is that it is not a given anymore that they go OT. I wouldn’t be surprised if they go Bowers or the best WR available, to give more weapons to Rodgers and because they can now afford to make luxury picks. Deep down, coming from a family full of Jet fans, I hope they still suck. ;)