Free Agency 2024

2 hours ago, LORK88 said:

Nothing yet on additional targets, I know we view Okudah as a starter though. Could bring someone else is, but feel fine enough if he's our #2. 

I could see Okudah being pushed by a first round draft pick (Mitchell!)

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think this speaks to the arrogance problem that the Shannahan coaching tree has always struggled with. He is not gonna hold up to having a lock down corner opposite of him. If Stingley wasn’t so good, I wouldn’t be so worried but with every game plan attacking Okudah, it’s gonna get ugly. 

I think part of it is having a killer front 4 who doesn't give the QB time to throw the ball. That's part of the reason Okudah looked great at Ohio State. Also, we're not done addressing the DL, particularly DT. Armtead is still in play as is Rankins. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Interesting. I thought Collins played well but he had a rather large cap hit. I believe, correct me if I’m wrong but we will still have about 10 million in dead money from him after the trade. Still clears some money. 

Ya, it’s like a net gain of like 2-3 mil, plus a roster spot on the 53 man. Gotta be for Rankins or Armstead 

A ton of our guys from last year are still available, guys who started for us and played some important depth roles. I bet we can sign several them to cheap 2-3 million deals when the smoke settles and they dont have a market. Here are the guys im currently aware of:

Rankins
Barnett
Hughes
Nelson
Tart
Fant
Perryman
Amos
Deiter
Heck

of those guys, only Nelson and Rankins I would expect to get decent deals to be a starter for a team.