Free Agency 2024

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Well. John Metchie, Dameon Pierce? Time to play gunner! 😅

Call me extremely foolish, but I think Metchie will surprise next year. I have nothing to back it up with but I see it. If they don't draft a WR in the first 2 rounds, Metchie may be the reason why.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Call me extremely foolish, but I think Metchie will surprise next year. I have nothing to back it up with but I see it. If they don't draft a WR in the first 2 rounds, Metchie may be the reason why.

I'm leaning that way too, actually. A full year to actually get into football condition, an offseason with his close friend CJ Stroud? The skill was always there...

• Like 1

Now this one I'd swing for the fences for. Allows you to play Pitre more in his star Baylor days all over the field. Some slot, some LB, some box safety. Leave the deep cover stuff to Ward and Diggs.

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Steven Nelson is still a free agent right now. 

I don't see a chance he comes back. Mainly for their preference of man-press corners. Nelson was brought in to play zone under Lovie. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 3:22 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

We are in a mess in the secondary. We have 1 CB who is injury prone. We have one of the biggest draft busts ever at the other CB. We have a 1 safety who plays 1/2 the games. We have another who got progressively worse as the season went on. 

our secondary has been an issue for years. We’ve got to fix it. Caserio is allowing his personal feelings for Nelson to impact our ability. 

Ryans wants Okudah and Henderson over Nelson.

Caserio gave Nelson a raise last training camp when he didn't have too.

On 3/22/2024 at 8:06 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

You guys go right ahead thinking it’s a good idea to have a pass rush and no secondary against Pat Mahomes, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow and the other multitude of HOF QBs currently playing in the AFC. 

but let’s not forget we also lost a big portion of our run defense as well. Hunter is a downgrade in defending the run and we don’t have a true starting level DT. 

the whole plan on defense this off season is “we can coach up guys that other people couldn’t coach up”

maybe we can, and if we can then great, but man that’s a dangerous way to build out a roster. 

It's going to be ok.

What CB do you want Caserio to add?