Justin Jefferson: Jets cleared for takeoff for 5 years (New contract! p.10)

vike daddy

Adofo-Mensah pointed to last season's Week 16 matchup against the Lions, during which the Vikings were attempting a comeback in the game's final two minutes. Most will remember Minnesota facing third-and-27 and Jefferson making a 28-yard, leaping grab while sandwiched between two defenders.

But it's actually the previous play that stands out most to Adofo-Mensah.

Vikings QB Nick Mullens had been sacked for a 12-yard loss and fumbled the football, which squibbled away deeper into Minnesota territory. As linemen began a chase of the ball, Jefferson came racing back along the sideline and didn't hesitate to dive headfirst into the cluster, recovering the fumble and keeping the Vikings drive alive.

"A lot of players, a lot of people, talk about 'winning' and what that means – and that's lip service. But when you go out on the field and show it in that way, that's something I'll always remember," Adofo-Mensah said, looking at Jefferson. "I think I told you after the game, you know, 'Hopefully I'm there when the Gold Jacket gets fit.' But that's the one I'll tell my kids I got to see when I was around.

"Ultimately when you have moments like that in your mind, and you know how he contributes to our culture – the joy and the positivity, all that – this day was going to come," Adofo-Mensah added. "There was never a second in my mind that we weren't going to be here. You obviously have to navigate challenges and things like that, but this was always our purpose. I'm really glad to be here on this day to celebrate this occasion."

vikings.com

• Like 2

Pro Football Network’s staff looked at the history of the mega-popular game and how the NFL has unfolded over the last few seasons to vote on who may dawn the cover ahead of the big announcement.

Justin Jefferson

What an offseason this would be for Justin Jefferson. Fresh off becoming the highest-paid non-QB in NFL history, why not add Madden cover athlete to his résumé as well?

The Minnesota Vikings WR is a mega-star in every sense of the term and one of the most popular players in the league. Put Jefferson on the cover, and Madden can easily continue riding the momentum that is Jefferson’s young NFL career.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/who-will-be-madden-25-cover-athlete-pfn-predictions/

• Like 1

Just a day after Justin Jefferson became the highest-paid non-quarterback in NFL history, fellow star wide receiver CeeDee Lamb has opted to skip the start of the Dallas Cowboys' mandatory minicamp, as confirmed by coach Mike McCarthy. Lamb reportedly has no plans to report to the minicamp, amid ongoing negotiations for a new contract.

"He's been engaged," McCarthy said, referring to Lamb, while noting that his receiver is making a "business decision" and expressing no concerns about how his veterans are preparing, according to NFL Media.

Lamb, who is 25 years old, will face fines for missing the minicamp: $16,953 for the first day, $33,908 for Wednesday, and $50,855 if it extends to Thursday, as reported by the Dallas Morning News. The three-time Pro Bowler also skipped the Cowboys' voluntary organized team activities (OTAs) due to reported contract negotiations.

DallasFans4Ever.com

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Just a day after Justin Jefferson became the highest-paid non-quarterback in NFL history, fellow star wide receiver CeeDee Lamb has opted to skip the start of the Dallas Cowboys' mandatory minicamp, as confirmed by coach Mike McCarthy. Lamb reportedly has no plans to report to the minicamp, amid ongoing negotiations for a new contract.

"He's been engaged," McCarthy said, referring to Lamb, while noting that his receiver is making a "business decision" and expressing no concerns about how his veterans are preparing, according to NFL Media.

Lamb, who is 25 years old, will face fines for missing the minicamp: $16,953 for the first day, $33,908 for Wednesday, and $50,855 if it extends to Thursday, as reported by the Dallas Morning News. The three-time Pro Bowler also skipped the Cowboys' voluntary organized team activities (OTAs) due to reported contract negotiations.

DallasFans4Ever.com

You hate to see it. But more than that, you love to see it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

You hate to see it. But more than that, you love to see it. 

I would have to think that McCarthy is blind to the absolute panic that Cowboy fans are experiencing with the lack of movement in FA,  a pretty meh draft, and the ongoing stalemate s between Jerry Jones and Dak, Cee Dee, and Micah.  It makes me smile!!

• Like 3

O'Connell, on potentially trading Justin Jefferson: 

“There’s a certain way that we kind of do business. When you hear certain things — a lot of things come and go — and you kind of chalk it up to what they are. But when there’s things that are so far outside the realm of what’s actually happening and taking place, you find yourself wanting to come out and say, which I will unequivocally: We never, ever, one time, discussed it internally among the leadership."

“Some people have sources far and wide, but among the leadership, among the decision-makers, the people that are directly involved in the situation, there really was not one time that was ever discussed, game-planned or contingency planned. And I think that’s really important, because it’s not just about the result today, it’s about the process of which we’re pretty proud of.”

https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/minnesota-vikings/justin-jefferson-trade-rumors-49ers-news/?

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 10:51 AM, Captain Relax said:

I would have to think that McCarthy is blind to the absolute panic that Cowboy fans are experiencing with the lack of movement in FA,  a pretty meh draft, and the ongoing stalemate s between Jerry Jones and Dak, Cee Dee, and Micah.  It makes me smile!!

Well, the panic in Cowboy land is always self-created.  And it's only worse now because unless they somehow dramatically change something, they'll have a whole new coaching staff again in 2025. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Maybe. Jones is stubbornly loyal. 

Oh, I know...but this is year 5 of McCarthy.  I know how loyal he was to Garrett, but he had a long-standing relationship with him, since he was Aikman's backup.  Every other coach since he and Jimmy parted ways has lasted 4-5 years.  So, I expect that unless they get to at least the NFCC, McCarthy's done.

• Like 1

Sam Darnold: "Throwing to that guy is just fun, man. He gets open more times than not, even in zones, he has a really good feel for settling in zones, so it's fun to be able to throw to him."

vikings.com

• Like 1

The 49ers and receiver Brandon Aiyuk continue to remain at impasse as to the value of his next contract. The draft came and went without a trade to a new team, which means no other team was willing to both give Aiyuk what he wants by way of money and the 49ers what they want by way of compensation.

Barring a trade that would include draft picks in 2025 at the earliest (or perhaps one or more veteran players now), the only viable option is for the 49ers to work out a deal with Aiyuk or tell him he needs to play this year for $14.1 million — which is more than $20 million below the top of the market.

Via NBC Sports Bay Area, Michael Silver of the San Francisco Chronicle recently said that the team’s most recent offer to Aiyuk is in the range of $26 million per year.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-49ers-latest-offer-to-brandon-aiyuk-is-in-range-of-26-million-per-year