Justin Jefferson: Jets cleared for takeoff for 5 years (New contract! p.10)

vike daddy

38 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Vikings WR Justin Jefferson on why he wanted to stay in Minnesota:

“Everything here is top tier around the league. My connection that I have with KO is not found anywhere else.”

Via Up & Adam’s Show

I really think that this front office is going to draw some big time talent because their agents know they'll be taken care of here. 

• Like 2

Just now, wcblack34 said:

I really think that this front office is going to draw some big time talent because their agents know they'll be taken care of here. 

Jefferson's public praise will also get KOC extended (not that was really in doubt).

• Like 2

Here is where Jefferson currently stands on the all-time Vikings receiving yards list.

3, Anthony Carter: 7,636 (-1,737)
4. Adam Thielen: 6,682 (-783)
5. Jake Reed: 6,433 (-534)
6. Sammy White: 6,400 (-501)
7. Steve Jordan: 6,307 (-408)
8. Justin Jefferson: 5,899 

Here is where Jefferson currently stands on the all-time Vikings receiving TD list.

5. Sammy White: 50 (-20)
6. Kyle Rudolph: 48 (-18)
7. Ahmad Rashad: 34 (-4)
8. Jake Reed: 33 (-3)
9. Justin Jefferson: 30

Hopefully he can stay healthy this year and continue chasing these records while helping lead the Vikings to victory! #SKOL

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Here is where Jefferson currently stands on the all-time Vikings receiving yards list.

could potentially top every one of those this year.

then it's just Carter and Moss?

rair air, as they say....

43 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

you think he can't get 1738 yards in 17 games?

I don’t think he will, and I hope he doesn’t. One, he doesn’t have Cousins throwing him the ball, so I doubt that the passing game is going to be as efficient as it has been in the past. And two, that kind of total would imply that he’s being force fed the ball, which shouldn’t happen with other receiving options like Addison and Hockenson on the field. It would also imply an offense with very little run game, which would also suggest that either the run game is inept (bad), or they are consistently playing from behind (also bad). 

• Like 1

It may be a boring place, but Justin Jefferson still loves being in, and with Minnesota:

“I do love it here. It’s very quiet, very low key. I don’t really have to get in trouble and get into anything, I can just stay home, mind my own business, worry about my job and have fun kicking butt. Having a head coach, that's player-oriented, that I have a very close connection with, is not something you can find at the next team. Just with everything, the whole organization, the facility, even our stadium to our fan base, everything is just high quality, top tier in this league.”

MinnesotaVikingsTrueFans.com

• Like 3

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

It may be a boring place, but Justin Jefferson still loves being in, and with Minnesota:

“I do love it here. It’s very quiet, very low key. I don’t really have to get in trouble and get into anything, I can just stay home, mind my own business, worry about my job and have fun kicking butt. Having a head coach, that's player-oriented, that I have a very close connection with, is not something you can find at the next team. Just with everything, the whole organization, the facility, even our stadium to our fan base, everything is just high quality, top tier in this league.”

He's so...dare I say it?...NICE!!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

God forbid he had gone to Buffalo...if he thinks Minnesota is a boring place.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2024 at 12:08 PM, VikeManDan said:

Here is where Jefferson currently stands on the all-time Vikings receiving TD list.

5. Sammy White: 50 (-20)
6. Kyle Rudolph: 48 (-18)
7. Ahmad Rashad: 34 (-4)
8. Jake Reed: 33 (-3)
9. Justin Jefferson: 30

Hopefully he can stay healthy this year and continue chasing these records while helping lead the Vikings to victory! #SKOL

A career average season (1,475 and 8 ) puts him at 4th and 7th place on these lists. 

• Like 1

With Ja’Marr Chase going through a contract negotiation with the Bengals, there’s been a rumor floating around that he’d like his next deal to be one penny more than the record-setting deal his friend and former college teammate Justin Jefferson received from the Vikings earlier this year.

Chase dispelled that notion when speaking to the media on Friday.

“If I want to beat Justin, I want to beat the sh*t out of Justin,” Chase said, via Kelsey Conway of the Cincinnati Enquirer, eliciting laughs from the assembled media. “Not by a penny, bro.”

But that doesn’t mean Chase is looking to reset the market in an outlandish way.

“I’m not really looking to go a lot higher,” Chase said. “That’s not really me trying to beat him out, me trying to go crazy. It’s just what’s right.

“There’s longevity involved.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jamarr-chase-if-i-want-to-beat-justin-jefferson-i-want-to-beat-the-s-t-out-of-him