2024 Baltimore Ravens Transactions Tracker

11 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

The more I think about it, I think this OL is fine:
LT Stanley
LG Mekari
C Linderbaum
RG Cleveland
RT Moses

We need T depth for sure, and eventual T replacements. But just for this one year it's fine. If we have the opportunity to add a great player we should do it, but there is no hole. 

Having Mekari as a versatile swing OL is a nice luxury, but when you are tight against the cap, if he is making good money he needs to be starting. I like him as the pulling LG with Cleveland with power on the right.

IMO our QB, TE, WR, and OL all have starting caliber players at each position on the roster now.

The major hole is RB.

Deep Deep rookie draft for offensive linemen. Curious to see if we jump early or attempt mid round additions. I'd prefer to see an early investment into a prospect who is ready to step in tomorrow if needed. Then draft pass rush or CB help between our first 2 selections. 

Daniel Faalele could be our wildcard at RT this season allowing Moses to be cut. He was a project when drafted, but damn the man is 6'8" with a huge frame. He needed to redefine his side to side mobility to keep up with speed rushers. 

Yeah I think this season was like case study #4 or 5 as to how important a good OL is to Lamar - way more important than having a subpar line and great position players.

When Lamar has time and feels comfortable he’s night and day as a player and can make the Nelson Agholors and Willie Sneeds and old OBJs of the world look like legit receiving options. His mobility and game vision allows him to eventually find someone open downfield when he can stand in the pocket and manipulate the defense.

In years/games with a bad OL he plays like a deer in the headlights and rushes everything and misses easy throws because he gets panicky.

Would much rather invest in OL in the draft early than just run it back and pray for health with a Stanley-Mekari-Linderbaum-Cleveland-Moses line 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I would much rather draft BPA than force pick the best OL.

When the Ravens draft BPA they get Hamilton and Linderbaum. When they draft for need they get Oweh and Bateman.

I’m not suggesting forcing an OL pick. By all accounts this OL draft is loaded. I’m simply pushing back on the notion that this OL is “good enough for a year” especially how drastic we’ve seen the offense run with a great vs mediocre vs bad OL. BPA should obviously be the approach 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I’m not suggesting forcing an OL pick. By all accounts this OL draft is loaded. I’m simply pushing back on the notion that this OL is “good enough for a year” especially how drastic we’ve seen the offense run with a great vs mediocre vs bad OL. BPA should obviously be the approach 

I think we agree that there is work to be done on the OL. My overall point though is that we conceivably have starters at every position, so there is no glaring hole that must be filled. If the starting 5 is Stanley/Mekari/Lindy/Cleveland/Moses and we draft a good T who is rotating in and will take over as starter in 2025, that'd be good. If our main backup T is Faalele, that's a problem. I'm not really sure what to make of the G situation, since Sala and Voorhees have potential but are unknown.

My approach going into 2024 is that the Ravens will not be a juggernaut, but should try to be a 10 or 11 win team that gets hot for the playoffs. Based on their player and coaching turnover while not having much cap room, this team will have some growing pains. Unless Lamar takes another leap in year 2 of Monken and goes nuclear. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I think we agree that there is work to be done on the OL. My overall point though is that we conceivably have starters at every position, so there is no glaring hole that must be filled. If the starting 5 is Stanley/Mekari/Lindy/Cleveland/Moses and we draft a good T who is rotating in and will take over as starter in 2025, that'd be good. If our main backup T is Faalele, that's a problem. I'm not really sure what to make of the G situation, since Sala and Voorhees have potential but are unknown.

My approach going into 2024 is that the Ravens will not be a juggernaut, but should try to be a 10 or 11 win team that gets hot for the playoffs. Based on their player and coaching turnover while not having much cap room, this team will have some growing pains. Unless Lamar takes another leap in year 2 of Monken and goes nuclear. 

Vorhees is one of the players i’m most intrigued to watch next preseason. He hasn’t played football in 2 years essentially but if next year could be a ramp-up year for him and he gets back to where he was he could be our starting RG in 2025 and 2026. Would be a great value pick if it turns out that way

• Like 2

On 2/24/2024 at 1:00 PM, Ray Reed said:

Vorhees is one of the players i’m most intrigued to watch next preseason. He hasn’t played football in 2 years essentially but if next year could be a ramp-up year for him and he gets back to where he was he could be our starting RG in 2025 and 2026. Would be a great value pick if it turns out that way

I imagine he’s in the competition for one of the starting guard spots. His injury should be well behind him heading into camp this year. If I’m not mistaken he was scheduled to be a second round pick before the injury?

• 3 weeks later...

Updates on Baltimore's free agent class so far:

Arthur Maulet
Brent Urban
Dalvin Cook
Daryl Worley
Del'Shawn Phillips
Devin Duvernay - Jacksonville Jaguars, 2 years $8.5 million ($12.5 million max)
Geno Stone - Cincinnati Bengals - 2 years, $15 million
Gus Edwards - Los Angeles Chargers - 2 years, ???
J.K. Dobbins
Jadeveon Clowney
John Simpson
Josh Johnson
Justin Madubuike - Baltimore Ravens - 4 years, $98 million
Kevin Zeitler
Kyle Van Noy
Malik Harrison - Baltimore Ravens - 1 year, ???
Patrick Queen
Ronald Darby - Jacksonville Jaguars, 2 years $10 million max
Sam Mustipher
Tyler Huntley
Tyler Ott
Rock Ya-Sin

9 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Love it. He's a solid player for us and I'm glad to have him back. 

He would be much more popular/well known if we were in the 2000-2012ish era of football when guys like Jarrett Johnson got their respect. 

Malik is rock solid