2024 Baltimore Ravens Transactions Tracker

It's kind of wild seeing pundits touting John Simpson as a catastrophic loss for us when just last cycle he was a laughing stock around the league and signed to us for a minimum deal. 

T:  Ronnie Stanley, Patrick Mekari, Daniel Faalele

G: Ben Cleveland, Andrew Voorhees, MAL

Center: Tyler Linderbaum

We need one starting caliber Guard, and one starting caliber Tackle if we want to keep Mekari in his swing role.... that's hardly a doomsday scenario- especially with a historic OL class coming up in the draft. Odds are Ben Cleveland establishes himself and becomes a prized FA next cycle like hundreds of contract year Ravens OL before him, and we draft 2-3 or three talented young OL to toss into the pipeline. Guys like Bozeman and Eluemanor are signing their 3rd or 4th contract in the league and people are still questioning whether or not we can field a competent line in 24'.

We live in a post Brandon Stephens Top 15-20 CB world, no one should be black pilling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

Looked good at LT scoring a 75 PFF grade there in 2022. So he’s Ronnie Stanley’s backup.

The direction is now clear IMO, Patrick Mekari now has to be viewed as the clear favorite to win the RT spot. He’s been above average when he’s started at LT, at center, and at his spot hits at OG.

Yet if OT is the BPA in the draft, this move also doesn’t prohibit us from going in that direction either. This move purely opens up the draft towards a pure BPA.

Edge, CB, WR, and OL are all on the table for our first round pick.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Looked good at LT scoring a 75 PFF grade there in 2022. So he’s Ronnie Stanley’s backup.

The direction is now clear IMO, Patrick Mekari now has to be viewed as the clear favorite to win the RT spot. He’s been above average when he’s started at LT, at center, and at his spot hits at OG.

Yet if OT is the BPA in the draft, this move also doesn’t prohibit us from going in that direction either. This move purely opens up the draft towards a pure BPA.

Edge, CB, WR, and OL are all on the table for our first round pick.

Feel like this signing and the Mekari news are more an indictment on Faalele than anything. I always thought he looked pretty good in his spot starts, but I guess the coaching staff never saw enough to pencil him in as a long term starter. Unfortunate, but if that is the case, I'm now more open to the idea of potentially drafting a RT with our first round pick, if a quality one is available.

28 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Feel like this signing and the Mekari news are more an indictment on Faalele than anything. I always thought he looked pretty good in his spot starts, but I guess the coaching staff never saw enough to pencil him in as a long term starter. Unfortunate, but if that is the case, I'm now more open to the idea of potentially drafting a RT with our first round pick, if a quality one is available.

What news? Did something happen with Mekari?

But yeah I think the team always viewed him as a project. I don’t think it’s necessarily an indictment as much as a change in scheme from Roman to Monken.

I feel Monken is going to require more versatility from his OL and thus better athletes are going to be needed to block on screens, to pull, to pass protect, etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

What news? Did something happen with Mekari?

But yeah I think the team always viewed him as a project. I don’t think it’s necessarily an indictment as much as a change in scheme from Roman to Monken.

I feel Monken is going to require more versatility from his OL and thus better athletes are going to be needed to block on screens, to pull, to pass protect, etc.

Sorry, just the reports that they want to see Mekari compete at RT.

• Like 1

Yeah idk i’m still a bit nervous about the OL and am still rooting to see an OT or stud OG taken 1st round. Hopefully BPA aligns with that. I’m old enough to remember us going into seasons with guys like Villanueva, DJ Fluker, etc. at starting OL spots and the team convincing themselves it would work out just fine lol. Would rather not go into the season hoping & praying Ben Cleveland puts a whole good season together or that everyone stays healthy so that Mekari doesn’t have to move around all the time.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah idk i’m still a bit nervous about the OL and am still rooting to see an OT or stud OG taken 1st round. Hopefully BPA aligns with that. I’m old enough to remember us going into seasons with guys like Villanueva, DJ Fluker, etc. at starting OL spots and the team convincing themselves it would work out just fine lol. Would rather not go into the season hoping & praying Ben Cleveland puts a whole good season together or that everyone stays healthy so that Mekari doesn’t have to move around all the time.

Yeah I certainly wouldn’t feel confident going into the season with the current setup. However this is a deep OT class.

If we go OT in round 1 that would be great but I could see in this type of class where similar to getting Brown Jr in the 3rd and him coming in halfway through, we might similarly find a quality starting RT level talent.

I think if we can’t get 1/7 OT options, then the decline drops to where I wouldn’t spend a 1st rounder on the position. Tyler Guyton and Troy Fautanu would be my last round 1 level OT options. If not them, I think there’s a steep drop from that level down to a Jordan Morgan level prospect.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah I certainly wouldn’t feel confident going into the season with the current setup. However this is a deep OT class.

If we go OT in round 1 that would be great but I could see in this type of class where similar to getting Brown Jr in the 3rd and him coming in halfway through, we might similarly find a quality starting RT level talent.

I think if we can’t get 1/7 OT options, then the decline drops to where I wouldn’t spend a 1st rounder on the position. Tyler Guyton and Troy Fautanu would be my last round 1 level OT options. If not them, I think there’s a steep drop from that level down to a Jordan Morgan level prospect.

Yeah, agreed. The more i’ve seen/read about Jordan Morgan the less I like. If he was our best OT option at that point i’d rather go in a different direction at 30 or trade down.

On 3/27/2024 at 7:37 PM, coordinator0 said:

Letting Clowney walk seems odd to me.

Obviously i wanted both Clowney and KVN back truly. Though, I had the feeling Clowney would get a nice 2-3 deal for money we couldn't match. Also he is going home as his family is all in Carolinas. Read an article he was excited to be close to home and family at the end of his career. We saw something similar with Suggs years ago with AZ. 

KVN is the guy i wanted back the most. His price tag should be fair, but his knowledge that he can offer Oweh and Ojabo is valuable. He is a true blue collar player for his whole career that played both the run and pass rush very well. Something you envy in a player of his caliber and that alone is huge to pass along to our younger guys giving them a chance to breakout. 

• Like 1