2023: Super Bowl LVIII vs San Fansisco

As I post this they are still playing the NFC title game, but it looks like the 49ers will hold on to win. Deja Rematch?

Looks like. A lot has changed since we played them five years ago but some of the key pieces are still there. They still have Armstead, Bosa, Greenlaw and Warner on defense. On offense, they have Deebo, Kittle, and Trent Williams, plus Shanahan. They are also new--Purdy, Aiyuk and McCaffery, Hargrave, and Charvarius Ward. 

Last time they had the #1 defense and we had the #1 offense. This time we rank ahead of them on defense but they rank ahead of us on offense. It should be a very different game.

Overall the roster impresses me less than Baltimore but they have a better Head Coach. 

Edited by onejayhawk

I’m putting this out there. No Kadarius Toney if we can afford not to.  It would appear after the offsides thing whatever challenges he’s had with his “want” to play may have finally came out.  To me, unless there’s a injury at the position (see Omenihu), you roll with the guys that got you there.

28 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I’m putting this out there. No Kadarius Toney if we can afford not to.  It would appear after the offsides thing whatever challenges he’s had with his “want” to play may have finally came out.  To me, unless there’s a injury at the position (see Omenihu), you roll with the guys that got you there.

I disagree. KT is a weapon with no safety guard. That does not mean that you don't use it. It means that you are careful about doing injury to yourself. 

Omenihu is vital IMO. From what little I have seen, two weeks ought to be long enough. What would suck is losing Nnadi but they haven't IRed him. Regardless, the 9ers don't run the ball like the Ravens.

11 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I disagree. KT is a weapon with no safety guard. That does not mean that you don't use it. It means that you are careful about doing injury to yourself. 

Omenihu is vital IMO. From what little I have seen, two weeks ought to be long enough. What would suck is losing Nnadi but they haven't IRed him. Regardless, the 9ers don't run the ball like the Ravens.

pretty sure they IRd nnadi, and CO said he’s playing so I’ll take him at his word there.

The Ravens didn’t run at all, I expect shanarat junior to run it a lot more

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Well so much for positivity, Omenihu tore his acl 🙁

I am positive that hurts.

With Jones likely leaving Omenihu was going to be a centerpiece of the DL next season. We will see if that is affected.

18 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I am positive that hurts.

With Jones likely leaving Omenihu was going to be a centerpiece of the DL next season. We will see if that is affected.

Good thing we drafted FAU…

3 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I'm not counting him out. Danna has played DT a fair amount. At need, we can have Gay or Chenal play on the line.

Hoping Gays neck isn’t to messed up, we’ll need him against the high powered offensive pieces the 9ers got

I think, for 1 game, in 2 weeks, it makes sense to make the call to Frank. Knows the system, can come in and maybe have a swan song. Sure, we have a couple guys that CAN put their hand down, but with roster spot open, it might be the right move to bring in the Shark to kick asterisk and chew bubble gum, and pray he’s all out of bubble gum.

2 hours ago, Habbsawce said:

Not gunna lie, I hope Chiefs blow them out. I don't want to sweat a close game and I don't care about neutral fans!

As long as we get the dub I'm happy but I definitely like your idea as it relates to my stress levels lol

• Like 1

I think that we already beat the best roster in the league. The Ravens' drafting has been consistently good for the last decade.

That said, the 49er's roster is no joke. The skill people are deep and Purdey has more playmaking talent than his reputation implies. Fortunately, this time we have the better defense.