Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

I'm not sure what it matters in the end for with regards to the game...I certainly get why the 49ers are upset with the conditions, but at some point you're just going to have to play the game. 

That said, just a horrific look for the NFL after the absolute garbage field they had out there for the super bowl last year. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure what it matters in the end for with regards to the game...I certainly get why the 49ers are upset with the conditions, but at some point you're just going to have to play the game. 

That said, just a horrific look for the NFL after the absolute garbage field they had out there for the super bowl last year. 

I heard Mahomes was out there with sprinklers on the field overnight.

13 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I heard Mahomes was out there with sprinklers on the field overnight.

They put sod over artificial turf last week (NFL typically requires work done in december). The field apparently has seams, etc. 

Almost feel like it would have been better to practice on the artificial turf lol. These are only walkthroughs so far, not a big deal for now. I imagine that they will end up sharing the practice facility, or in theory the niners could re-sod it and have it good to go? Probably a pretty penny, but you shouldn't be pinching at this point anyway. 

It's just weird that the NFL can't get this right for two years in a row 

2 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

He's right that Brunell is compliment, not a dig. Purdy's stats obviously blow him away, but Nick will argue a diff era. 

But he's clearly wrong in that Brunell's peak was a Conf Championship Game (as a starter) and a Pro-Bowl player, both of which Purdy has made/surpassed in his first full year starting.

So, I find it hard to believe that Brunell's resume is Purdy's CEILING, since he already accomplished that. It would seem to make a lot more sense for that to be Purdy's FLOOR, barring injury, at this point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Obviously I don't know if I'd go with that from a pure stylistic viewpoint, but Brunell did have some really good years in there. I think you could just as easily say someone like Jeff Garcia as well.  I don't think that's inherently bad or anything. 

I mean, Purdy could be better than that. I've mentioned it before, but in theory there's really nothing that would prevent him from being Joe Burrow, though he's probably not going to be Joe Burrow lol. I think that's asking a lot for someone to be at the very top of their range. But progression is really hard to predict. Purdy could get better, he could not from here on moving forward. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Obviously I don't know if I'd go with that from a pure stylistic viewpoint, but Brunell did have some really good years in there. I think you could just as easily say someone like Jeff Garcia as well.  I don't think that's inherently bad or anything. 

Carson Palmer as a mid tier comp imo.

edit - sans draft pedigree obv

dbl edit - 

(worst case) Brunell -------- Palmer ------- Warner (best case)

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

That's actually a pretty fair take from Nick, and I would agree. I've had Brunell on my mind in regards to Purdy at times also. Brunell has a better arm, but overall a similar buzz. And any team would sign up for that in a heartbeat if they could get someone like that in the 7th round. Even in the 1st round. 

Brunell was capable of winning a Super Bowl. Jaguars just folded in those two AFC title games as a whole all those years ago. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 4