The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

It's Dan Quinn boys. Schefter just posted it. 

Yep, just saw it on Instagram myself. 

Welp…people seem to like the man? And we still have Peters…maybe we’ll get some good players.

Adam peters has been on everyone’s shortlist the past 2-3 years.  This entire committee was brought together specifically to convince him to come to Washington.  Harris believes in a top-down structure starting in the front office.  So this is his vision being charted out.  

If Peters going to stake his first hire on Dan Quinn, I think I’m going to trust it.  

It’s a letdown.  I really wanted Johnson, Slowik or Macdonald.  I also convinced myself that Aaron Glenn would be able to do this job very well, and be able to bring Engstrom with him from Detroit to run the offense.  

Quinn deserves another chance as a head coach.  To be sure, I think he’s going to hold players accountable and fix the locker room culture.  He’s not going to try to win press conferences like Rivera did.  A lot is going to hinge on who he hires to run the offense, and player development in general, because while I don’t think we have a lot of talent here……….there could be if they were coached correctly.  

However……..I think we might know fairly quickly if this was the right call or not.  

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Early guesses

HC: Dan Quinn
OC: Klint Kubiak or Mike LaFleur (better not be Chip freaking Kelly)
DC: Joe Witt
ST: Rayna Stewart

Chip isn’t leaving his $6+million a year gig in LA to come to Ashburn VA as an OC.  Hell, he only writes offer letters on certain days.  

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Adam peters has been on everyone’s shortlist the past 2-3 years.  This entire committee was brought together specifically to convince him to come to Washington.  Harris believes in a top-down structure starting in the front office.  So this is his vision being charted out.  

If Peters going to stake his first hire on Dan Quinn, I think I’m going to trust it.  

It’s a letdown.  I really wanted Johnson, Slowik or Macdonald.  I also convinced myself that Aaron Glenn would be able to do this job very well, and be able to bring Engstrom with him from Detroit to run the offense.  

Quinn deserves another chance as a head coach.  To be sure, I think he’s going to hold players accountable and fix the locker room culture.  He’s not going to try to win press conferences like Rivera did.  A lot is going to hinge on who he hires to run the offense, and player development in general, because while I don’t think we have a lot of talent here……….there could be if they were coached correctly.  

However……..I think we might know fairly quickly if this was the right call or not.  

Let us be the guinea pig to make sure DQ gets a 2nd chance.