The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'm not sure this forum speaks for half the fanbase. 

Well between reddit and then my buddies text thread chain you might be right. It might be over half. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don't hate him. By all accounts his players absolutely love him but we had an opportunity to finally do something different around here and this is nothing more than what Snyder would've done. Its more of the same. Obviously I hope this works out but this is definitely not what I expected out a long and thorough search. 

Snyder did that out of trying to rehab his own image by rehabbing the franchise. This isn’t the same.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Well between reddit and then my buddies text thread chain you might be right. It might be over half. 

Because when I think “Who do I need to appease” my first thought is Reddit.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Sounds like you surround yourself with like minded individuals. 

The only thing I can say is that Adam Peters stuck true to his word, he got a leader. He also doesn't happen to be a great HC, but he is absolutely a leader. 

1 minute ago, TOUCAN said:

Because when I think “Who do I need to appease” my first thought is Reddit.

Hey, he said he thought I was wrong. I am trying to find my place where I am wrong about the opinion of this hire. It currently is not on here, twitter, reddit, or my friends. Even most of the people outside our fanbase don't love this. If you want to prove me otherwise, I welcome it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don't hate him. By all accounts his players absolutely love him but we had an opportunity to finally do something different around here and this is nothing more than what Snyder would've done. Its more of the same. Obviously I hope this works out but this is definitely not what I expected out a long and thorough search. 

It’s not what I expected either, but once Johnson and Slowik and MacDonald were off the board, I’m just not sure what other realistic options were left that I liked.

Can’t force the first two to grow up and trust themselves to run a team. And MacDonald had another good option on the table. I can’t really fault Harris/Peters for not closing any of them, even if I don’t like the outcome.

And even if they’d acted earlier, I don’t believe Harbaugh would have come here, and I wouldn’t have been very pleased with any of the guys the other teams hired either. Maybe Canales?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Hey, he said he thought I was wrong. I am trying to find my place where I am wrong about the opinion of this hire. It currently is not on here, twitter, reddit, or my friends. Even most of the people outside our fanbase don't love this. If you want to prove me otherwise, I welcome it. 

Ok, we have a wide range here... you said half of the fans "Hate" the hire and now you are saying "most outside our fanbase "don't love" this." There is a lot in between hate and love, so I can believe more than 50% of people fall in there somewhere. 

As much crap as I've given this the moment I heard he was a possibility, I do think he's better than Rivera. I don't think this is an inspiring hire and I'm about 90% sure its not going to work out but I absolutely hated the Rivera hire. I can sort of live with this. Not happy by any means but the moment Ben Johnson took his name out of the search I was completely deflated. That was my guy. 

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Ok, we have a wide range here... you said half of the fans "Hate" the hire and now you are saying "most outside our fanbase "don't love" this." There is a lot in between hate and love, so I can believe more than 50% of people fall in there somewhere. 

Okay you can critique and twist my words and points however you want. Hate. Don't love. Aren't happy with. Etc.

This is my point: Probably half, if not more, of people are not happy with this hire. Some decent percentage outright hate it. A good number of people have voiced they don't love the Rivera comparison to this. Is that better? Feel free to switch those around how you'd like. My overall point stays the same.