The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

As the kids say……Quinn is absolutely slaying in regards to his hires right now

I think we probably didn’t talk enough about all the buzz out there regarding the very high “league opinion” on Quinn. 

It seems to be manifesting itself in these staff hires — good coaches across the football landscape are obviously interested in coaching with him. These guys are coming from similar jobs (not promotions) to be here. That’s a real positive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Commanders RB coach Randy Jordan is joining the Titans for the same role, per source (@JFowlerESPN 1st).

Jordan was a holdover from the Jay Gruden staff kept by Ron Rivera.

He could’ve stayed with us, but I imagine that Kingsbury wants his own guy in there, as I expect RB will do substantially different things with us.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The thing that had to be nailed, offensive line coach, was not a good hire IMO. Dude must have killed in his interview because his track record is not so good.

Yeah it’s been all over the internet that people are confused by this hire. Would love to hear more about what actually tip the scales for this guy. 

Updated Coaching Staff 

HC - Dan Quinn 
OC - Kliff Kingsbury 
DC - Joe Whitt Jr 
STC - Larry Izzo 
OL - Bobby Johnson 
QBs - Tavita Pritchard
TE -  David Raih
LBs - Ken Norton Jr.
DPGC - Jason Simmons 
PRS- Ryan Kerrigan 
SDA - John Pagano
TBD - Brian Johnson

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 5:08 PM, Slappy Mc said:

The thing that had to be nailed, offensive line coach, was not a good hire IMO. Dude must have killed in his interview because his track record is not so good.

Wasn't Bobby Johnson in Buffalo? He did a good job there considering they don't have any 1st round picks on that OL that I know of.

Andrew Thomas improved a lot under Johnson’s coaching & so did several players on the Giants OL. Johnson can not control injuries. The Giants OL was beaten to hell last year, losing Andrew Thomas, his backup & others battled injuries. I mean they finished the season with Justin Pugh playing LT who in his decade long career has only been a G or RT. 

I can't blame Bobby Johnson for the Giants OL last year.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1