The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

Scott Abraham

Washington Commanders 2024 coaching staff (FINAL)

HC - DQ
OC - KK
DC - JWJ
STC - Izzo 
OL - B.Johnson 
QBs - Pritchard 
WRs - Engram
RGC - Lynn
TEs - Raih
DL - Darryl Tapp
LBs - Norton Jr.
DBs - Donatell
ADL - Floyd
DPGC - Simmons 
PRS- Kerrigan 
SDA - Pagano
TBD - Brian Johnson

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Scott Abraham

HC - DQ
OC - KK
DC - JWJ
STC - Izzo 
OL - B.Johnson 
QBs - Pritchard 
WRs - Engram
RGC - Lynn
TEs - Raih
DL - Darryl Tapp
LBs - Norton Jr.
DBs - Donatell
ADL - Floyd
DPGC - Simmons 
PRS- Kerrigan 
SDA - Pagano
TBD - Brian Johnson

Might not have been the hire we all wanted but this staff is absolutely rock solid. I gotta say I wanted Quinn when he was with Seattle I’m actually greatful this is the version we’re getting. Because I think Quinn and Peters are going to be amazing together. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Scott Abraham

HC - DQ
OC - KK
DC - JWJ
STC - Izzo 
OL - B.Johnson 
QBs - Pritchard 
WRs - Engram
RGC - Lynn
TEs - Raih
DL - Darryl Tapp
LBs - Norton Jr.
DBs - Donatell
ADL - Floyd
DPGC - Simmons 
PRS- Kerrigan 
SDA - Pagano
TBD - Brian Johnson

Good thing the NFL doesn’t have a salary cap for coaching staffs. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Good thing the NFL doesn’t have a salary cap for coaching staffs. 

This is a really quality staff. People can point as say oh that guys not a good HC or that guy or this guy but they aren’t HC’s here. But we have assembled a quality group who have all been good or excelled in the positions they’re in. And our DC was very worthy of being a DC and now gets his shot with a great supporting staff and that’s what it takes. Now can this staff work together in lockstep to get the same message across at every level? We shall see. But I’m exited to see what they can cultivate here

29 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

This is a really quality staff. People can point as say oh that guys not a good HC or that guy or this guy but they aren’t HC’s here. But we have assembled a quality group who have all been good or excelled in the positions they’re in. And our DC was very worthy of being a DC and now gets his shot with a great supporting staff and that’s what it takes. Now can this staff work together in lockstep to get the same message across at every level? We shall see. But I’m exited to see what they can cultivate here

This is also a stark departure from Rivera and the PantherSkins.  Besides Jack Del Rio, no one had any head coaching experience.  I’m sure part of the reason that Rivera wasn’t let go near the end of the season was exactly that- who in the building would run the defense, much less be the head coach?  

You have to have guys just from a redundancy perspective who can step in if emergencies happen.  I see that all across the board with this staff.  

You also can’t be afraid of having good talent in the room.  I like that Quinn is so sure of himself that he doesnt need to do that.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

This makes me happy and nostalgic. I wanted him to get drafted here, like his SF connection to Peters, and I'm sure he is happy to be closer to home (VaTech alumni)

That’s actually not a bad hire. He’s a quality DL himself from his playing days, and had a great run with the group in SF.  

• Like 2

I've counted our staff =17 coaches ! ( so far ) That's like a 3 to 1 ratio of players to coaches . So 1 coach for every 3 players to be clear . Sounds incredible - hope it helps !

Found a new list - actually 24 coaches ! . About 2 to 1 . Maybe we'll get each player his personal coach !

Edited by RSkinGM
new info
  • Like 2

I personally like that we went the complete opposite direction of what we initially thought might happen. This type of thing doesn't happen under Ben Johnson or Mike MacDonald. This is a bunch of dudes, big football guys, well respected for many of them that have been battle tested overtime.

This team will not be short on leadership.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TOUCAN said:

I personally like that we went the complete opposite direction of what we initially thought might happen. This type of thing doesn't happen under Ben Johnson or Mike MacDonald. This is a bunch of dudes, big football guys, well respected for many of them that have been battle tested overtime.

This team will not be short on leadership.

For a lot of the folks in our forum here, they were afraid that hiring Quinn so late would put us behind all of the other teams at building a coaching staff.  

Well, MacDonald was hired a day or two before Quinn ,and I don’t think he has filled 6 spots on his staff yet.  I think they just announced the OC and DC.  

There is something to be said for how many people want to work for Quinn.

• Like 5