GDT - WK 15 @ Pittsburgh - We're on to Pitt

Hunter2_1

We HAVE to manufacture a pass rush, somehow. Our secondary is actually really good, and can cover for a while - but some of the pockets and time opposition QBs have been enjoying is a disgrace. Hard enough to cover Brown without allowing Ben to surgically dissect a play and throw 

17 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We HAVE to manufacture a pass rush, somehow. Our secondary is actually really good, and can cover for a while - but some of the pockets and time opposition QBs have been enjoying is a disgrace. Hard enough to cover Brown without allowing Ben to surgically dissect a play and throw 

True, but I dont think they should rely on just better play on the front 4/7. They need to manufacture situations in which they can pin their ears back and get after Ben. Offensively, I'd like to see a heavy screen game and a true commitment to the run game. Keep the Steelers O on the sideline and work with a lead. Force them to rely on the pass game more and more, taking Bell more and more out of the game and allow the focus to be on stopping AB and rushing the passer. Lets not forget, we beat them in the playoffs last year because Bell went out EARLY in that game. Let's also not forget that the run defense is most assuredly the biggest weakness this team has. The gameplan needs to be centered around neutralizing it and forcing the Steelers hands. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

True, but I dont think they should rely on just better play on the front 4/7. They need to manufacture situations in which they can pin their ears back and get after Ben. Offensively, I'd like to see a heavy screen game and a true commitment to the run game. Keep the Steelers O on the sideline and work with a lead. Force them to rely on the pass game more and more, taking Bell more and more out of the game and allow the focus to be on stopping AB and rushing the passer. Lets not forget, we beat them in the playoffs last year because Bell went out EARLY in that game. Let's also not forget that the run defense is most assuredly the biggest weakness this team has. The gameplan needs to be centered around neutralizing it and forcing the Steelers hands. 

We have to build a lead, and early.

3 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

I've seen Brown be dominant and Ben just go to him.

Patriots will be ready for Brown.  Ben is no longer an elite QB. 

I thought this too, but he's really shaping it up ever since Week 7 or so. I think we'll be disciplined on Bell, as always. 

Just seen JJSS is hobbled at practice, but he'll probably still play 

Branch is out

Patriots: DL Trey Flowers (rib), CB Stephon Gilmore (ankle), LB David Harris (ankle), WR Chris Hogan (shoulder), DB Brandon King (hamstring), DL Eric Lee (ankle), WR Matthew Slater (hamstring), LB Kyle Van Noy (calf), OT LaAdrian Waddle (ankle), DL Deatrich Wise Jr. (foot)

Steelers: CB Joe Haden (fibula), CB Coty Sensabaugh (shoulder), WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (hamstring)

Archived