NFLMock Offseason Prediction

Ghostnote

On 12/14/2017 at 10:34 AM, MKnight82 said:

Except we only have one good edge rusher.

When Allen was healthy we had 3 good Edge rushers (Kerrigan, Galette and Smith) without Allen we haven’t had an interior pass rush and QBs just step up away from Smith and Galette’s pressures from the right. Kerrigan uses his up the field and cut back to the inside move to beat the lesser blocking RTs. We get Allen back and Smith goes back to being the guy he’s was the first month of the season. If you watch film of Galette you can see he’s got great pass rush moves and is quick as a cat off the line of scrimmage like a Dumervil. I’m not happy with Manusky because he never got those 3 on the field together this year and I think it was a huge mistake. We could have had a handful more sacks between Galette and Smith if they were in on 3rd & long with Kerrigan instead of a 2nd DT.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

When Allen was healthy we had 3 good Edge rushers (Kerrigan, Galette and Smith) without Allen we haven’t had an interior pass rush and QBs just step up away from Smith and Galette’s pressures from the right. Kerrigan uses his up the field and cut back to the inside move to beat the lesser blocking RTs. We get Allen back and Smith goes back to being the guy he’s was the first month of the season. If you watch film of Galette you can see he’s got great pass rush moves and is quick as a cat off the line of scrimmage like a Dumervil. I’m not happy with Manusky because he never got those 3 on the field together this year and I think it was a huge mistake. We could have had a handful more sacks between Galette and Smith if they were in on 3rd & long with Kerrigan instead of a 2nd DT.

I don’t agree.  Smith is mediocre and Galette isn’t good.

19 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t agree.  Smith is mediocre and Galette isn’t good.

So I understand that you refuse to watch the film I showed you? If you don’t see a guy getting a lot of pressure after watching that you’re blind. You have nothing to back up these claims other than, you just don’t like them and want to stick with your predictions to begin the season.

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So I understand that you refuse to watch the film I showed you? If you don’t see a guy getting a lot of pressure after watching that you’re blind. You have nothing to back up these claims other than, you just don’t like them and want to stick with your predictions to begin the season.

I watch the games and think they are 

mediocre players.  I think you’re seriusly overstating their play.

I seriously didn’t see anything out of Galette this season that makes me think of keeping him around. I dont care if he is cheap. Preston Smith broke out of his slump this season, but still needs to show more. Ryan Anderson was a waste of a pick. 2nd round pick for a 3-4th rounder. The Skins clearly overvalued his ability. 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

I seriously didn’t see anything out of Galette this season that makes me think of keeping him around. I dont care if he is cheap. Preston Smith broke out of his slump this season, but still needs to show more. Ryan Anderson was a waste of a pick. 2nd round pick for a 3-4th rounder. The Skins clearly overvalued his ability. 

We're the kings of overdrafting slow pass rushers. 

13 hours ago, mike23md said:

We have no clue what Anderson will develop into. He hasn’t even gotten a shot to play because we had great depth at our OLB position before the draft. Of course the issue we had was Murphy was going to be suspended for 4 games and Galette hadn’t been healthy for two straight years so that’s why we took Anderson. 

If Galette is gone next year - which seems more and more likely because he wants to play more and thinks he will somewhere else... good luck with that! - Anderson will play and we can evaluate him better. I can tell you one thing, he’s already flashed some when he’s played on run downs and it seems like he’ll be our best OLB run defender which is something we badly need because both Kerrigan and Smith are inconsistent run defenders.

I don’t think Anderson is ever going to be a double digit sack guy but he surely can get 5 sacks or so and play solid run defense as Kerrigan’s future replacement at LOLB and he has a knack for forcing turnovers which is something we need as well.

He’s what McCloughan would call a “football player.”

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We're the kings of overdrafting slow pass rushers. 

Orakpo and Kerrigan were great selections. We got Smith in the second round and while I do think a certain person who’s no longer here overdrafted him vs the players he passed on, Smith has still been a good player for us. It’s not like Smith has been a bust or something, he just hasn’t been great but it’s rare that you draft a pass rusher after round 1 that turns out to be great. 

So I’m kind of confused about the complaints because Smith has been pretty much what I thought he would be when we drafted him. He’s a guy who’s going to get in between 5 and 10 sacks a year but not likely a double digit sack guy which is pretty much what you expect when you take an edge pass rusher in round 2.

42 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Orakpo and Kerrigan were great selections. We got Smith in the second round and while I do think a certain person who’s no longer here overdrafted him vs the players he passed on, Smith has still been a good player for us. It’s not like Smith has been a bust or something, he just hasn’t been great but it’s rare that you draft a pass rusher after round 1 that turns out to be great. 

So I’m kind of confused about the complaints because Smith has been pretty much what I thought he would be when we drafted him. He’s a guy who’s going to get in between 5 and 10 sacks a year but not likely a double digit sack guy which is pretty much what you expect when you take an edge pass rusher in round 2.

I didn't call them busts. I said they're slow pass rushers, which indeed they are. Kerrigan is very good player, he's also very slow. We do not have explosive pass rushers. We don't have a Shane Ray type pass rusher with speed. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I didn't call them busts. I said they're slow pass rushers, which indeed they are. Kerrigan is very good player, he's also very slow. We do not have explosive pass rushers. We don't have a Shane Ray type pass rusher with speed. 

Well we had one, but most of the fan base turned on him 

38 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well we had one, but most of the fan base turned on him 

Orakpo was one of my favorite players. I have his authentic non-fake jersey still hanging in my closet. I was never one of the ones that wanted him gone and I still think it was a huge mistake to let him go. Most of this fanbase is pretty stupid as well and I have no issues saying that. 

On 12/17/2017 at 11:54 AM, lavar703 said:

Orakpo was one of my favorite players. I have his authentic non-fake jersey still hanging in my closet. I was never one of the ones that wanted him gone and I still think it was a huge mistake to let him go. Most of this fanbase is pretty stupid as well and I have no issues saying that. 

I liked Orakpo too, but he continued to get injured over and over here in Washington.  It was time to part ways.  Also, we had Orakpo and Kerrigan coming up for extensions around the same time, so it was pretty much an either/or thing.  Ryan Kerrigan is an all around better football player than Brian Orakpo and it was the right move to take him over Orakpo.  

Archived