Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

On 6/14/2024 at 3:16 PM, dll2000 said:

Showing this makes Atl look bad. Also shows how bad Poles wanted Odunze.

It makes ATL look extremely bad.  They had to know Poles had zero interest in a QB and why would have made the trade to swap picks then turn around and trade it?  They had to know it was Odunze they wanted.  Whose running the show there?

• Like 2

On 6/15/2024 at 11:57 AM, Sugashane said:

Him talk about how that 72 year old *** Belichick is smashing a 24 year old former cheerleader now. Thats what him did. Bad @dll2000  lol

Screw it. I'll tell the joke here.

How many times does 24 go into 72? Yes, 3 times.

How many times does 72 go into 24? All night long.

usatsi-9862536.webp

I'm 72....almost 73 actually.  How can I find out if she has any single friends who like older men.  I'm as good once as I ever was too.  😎

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Today has sucked so bad  lol

I've gotten a bunch of texts from friends/family and been tagged a handful of times on Facebook by others, even jokingly by a few of my kids's friends because they love my cooking. The fact she completely forgot and just asked after noon if there was anything I wanted to do, or if I wanted her to cook "whatever I had planned for dinner tonight" just pissed me off.

Of course, my son realizes he screwed up, so he tries to mow the yard for me. Guess who ran over a ******* brick that he and his friends left out as a base for kickball? So tomorrow I have to call to see if it can get checked out, see if it is trashed or not. Blades clack against each other and it shakes like hell now. Hoping its just the blades being bent to **** and throwing the balance off.

A bit under half the yard looks pretty good now though, so kind of a silver lining?

LOL.  That is a day.  You got me beat.  

I couldn’t sleep Sat. night and I had stuff going on all day Sunday after having stuff all day on Sat. when I just wanted to be home reading.  Then I was just bragging about never being sick aside from gout flare ups and I got a gout flare up.  So I had to take these pills that make me sick and not sleep again last night and now it’s Monday and I have a ton of work to get done before tomorrow.

Still kids were sweet.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Most random was a happy fathers day from a competitor of mine super early this morning.  I would have dug into it further but I was attempting to illegally drive my boat trailer down LSD early enough that I wouldn't get noticed for a) having a trailer on LSD north b) having plates that expired in 2015 .  Was successful even at the very end when I had to cross the bike path when no joke like 30 bike cops went by, and 2 even stopped to take a pic of my boat.  Practiced my best friendly "please please please do not look at the back or ask how I go here) smile at max wattage. 

Trying to make bulgogi, have a good feeling about the marinade and sauce. 

Happy Fathers Day to those who procreate. 

I think some are using marketing AIs to spam it out. I got a lot of ones that seemed odd.  

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Today has sucked so bad  lol

I've gotten a bunch of texts from friends/family and been tagged a handful of times on Facebook by others, even jokingly by a few of my kids's friends because they love my cooking. The fact she completely forgot and just asked after noon if there was anything I wanted to do, or if I wanted her to cook "whatever I had planned for dinner tonight" just pissed me off.

Of course, my son realizes he screwed up, so he tries to mow the yard for me. Guess who ran over a ******* brick that he and his friends left out as a base for kickball? So tomorrow I have to call to see if it can get checked out, see if it is trashed or not. Blades clack against each other and it shakes like hell now. Hoping its just the blades being bent to **** and throwing the balance off.

A bit under half the yard looks pretty good now though, so kind of a silver lining?

Good news is blades pretty much swap out with one bolt usually.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

LOL.  That is a day.  You got me beat.  

I couldn’t sleep Sat. night and I had stuff going on all day Sunday after having stuff all day on Sat. when I just wanted to be home reading.  Then I was just bragging about never being sick aside from gout flare ups and I got a gout flare up.  So I had to take these pills that make me sick and not sleep again last night and now it’s Monday and I have a ton of work to get done before tomorrow.

Still kids were sweet.  

Yeah, kids are awesome for the most part. They knew they messed up so today they made eggs in a basket for me and some well done (ruined) bacon and they cleaned up my kitchen really well. Same as I tell them in sports, school, chores, lifting or anything else - I don't care near as much about the end result as I do the effort and thought that goes into it. To this day my two favorite gifts I've ever gotten from the kids were a coupon book the older two put together (has like 30 fully illustrated pages, yarn is the spine,  and coupons all have something they can do for me like play ball, clean a room, walk the dog, etc) and my youngest worked her butt off last year to make a foldable face that you pull the top of the head and jaw and it opens to show a long mouth with pictures of all my favorite foods drawn, cut out, and glued in its mouth. The actual face is ugly AF like something out of Beetleguise, but I know she spent hours on it. I've got them pinned up on the wall right by the pictures of my parents and family. 

Wife tried to "make it up" to me last night but I shut her down so she is pouting today. lol

I will give her credit, once I explained why I was so pissed she never once argued, actually said she'd be super pissed at me if it was the other way around. So kudos to her for not trying any BS or gaslighting, saved her some hurt feelings and me from feeling like an a-hole for the next 48 hours when I flipped it on her and was more harsh than I should be. I'm getting better about having to one-up the person I'm arguing with, but its still a serious work in progress. Ugh. 

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Good news is blades pretty much swap out with one bolt usually.

Yep, that's why I am REALLY hoping it is just the blades. I think the belt might be stretched too, it had more slack than I've ever notices and the tension pully was set, so IDK what else it could be. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Yep, that's why I am REALLY hoping it is just the blades. I think the belt might be stretched too, it had more slack than I've ever notices and the tension pully was set, so IDK what else it could be. 

If you end up buying a new one just get an electric one.  A lot easier to take care of and your garage doesn't need to have gas stored in it.

If you want something like that fixed check on facebook.   Could be one of your neighbors fixes stuff like that as a side gig in backyard or his gargage.

• Like 1

So Dak Prescott is an UFA next year.

He has a $55,455,000 cap hit this year.   If they let him walk he has a 40 million dollar dead cap hit.  

He has a no trade and no tag in his contract.  

He is set up so they have every incentive to resign/extend him or he gets to be totally free on marketplace with a lot of QB needy teams.   Brilliant job by him.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

So Dak Prescott is an UFA next year.

He has a $55,455,000 cap hit this year.   If they let him walk he has a 40 million dollar dead cap hit.  

He has a no trade and no tag in his contract.  

He is set up so they have every incentive to resign/extend him or he gets to be totally free on marketplace with a lot of QB needy teams.   Brilliant job by him.

The falcons are already looking into it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I hope Ryan Pace just goes from team to team spending exorbitantly for questionable players. Like it's 2045 and the London Jagwires sign Akiem Hicks for way too much money. 

Free 4th rounder? It’s a trap! Quick hang up.  

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Free 4th rounder? It’s a trap! Quick hang up.  

Heard the CHuggo podcast about that,  completely inexplicable not to take that trade.  The "downside" scenario of the Bears double trading the pick to someone after Penix makes no sense. Glad they didn't of course. Glad they did lots of stuff actually,  perhaps the universe is balancing out for Aaron Donald going right ahead of the Bears way back when. 

I don't really play poker but I think I would like playing poker with Ryan Pace.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Heard the CHuggo podcast about that,  completely inexplicable not to take that trade.  The "downside" scenario of the Bears double trading the pick to someone after Penix makes no sense. Glad they didn't of course. Glad they did lots of stuff actually,  perhaps the universe is balancing out for Aaron Donald going right ahead of the Bears way back when. 

I don't really play poker but I think I would like playing poker with Ryan Pace.  

It would be cool if someone actually did a double trade like that.  Traded then traded same exact pick again for way more value.  It has never happened to my knowledge.  Probably because anyone who would want that pick has already made offers to you or would have if they wanted it.  So you know. 

It also might hurt you in future trades if you did someone dirty like that.