Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

Guess it was time for a new one since it isn't 2023 anymore.

My first random thought is about Dan Quinn. 

I know last we saw LaFluer was making his D look bad, but he really revitalized that team D when he came on and it made a difference for their Ws.   

Wonder how much Dallas will suffer with him leaving.

13 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

coincidentally most of them

There were a couple points in 2023 where watching the consequences of the Bears being the Bears felt like watching Jim Marshall's wrong way TD.

"Damnit, you're supposed to develop and build up a young QBs confidence, but it's not supposed to be Jordan cocksucking Love!"

"Damnit, you're supposed to fire bad coaches, but it's not supposed to be Art Smith, Josh McDaniels, Frank Reich et al"

Just now, dll2000 said:

For those Bears fans who don’t live near Chicago.  This is what good Chicago pizza looks like.  It isn’t really the deep dish.  

I was born and raised in Chicago but have live elsewhere for the better part of 20 years now. I tell people all the time that Deep Dish Pizza is a culinary tourist trap. We eat it on occasion, but the vast majority of Chicagoans eat thin crust "tavern style" pizza. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

For those Bears fans who don’t live near Chicago.  This is what good Chicago pizza looks like.  It isn’t really the deep dish.  

As an authority in not being from Chicago I can say this...and I apologise...but deep dish pizza is not it hahahaha

23 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

As an authority in not being from Chicago I can say this...and I apologise...but deep dish pizza is not it hahahaha

It is actually good if done right.  But like @Bigbear72said it is a once in awhile thing.  Because it is often too much tomato sauce and salt.  

Tavern style you can just inhale though.  Eat it until you pop.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It is actually good if done right.  But like @Bigbear72said it is a once in awhile thing.  Because it is often too much tomato sauce and salt.  

Tavern style you can just inhale though.  Eat it until you pop.

Yeah man too much sauce...

Give me thin & crispy all day long...or Sourdough

25 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah man too much sauce...

Give me thin & crispy all day long...or Sourdough

We usually will do thin and crispy crust but I make a Sicilian crust at least once per month that is just a banger. My kids are monsters though, They eat the toppings and like half the crust then dip the rest of the crust in the extra sauce like it's crazy bread.

7 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

We usually will do thin and crispy crust but I make a Sicilian crust at least once per month that is just a banger. My kids are monsters though, They eat the toppings and like half the crust then dip the rest of the crust in the extra sauce like it's crazy bread.

I am now really hungry hahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

If you were still a mod in here they’d revoke your status for this…

Deep dish is basically its own food group. It’s made with the same stuff as other pizza, but the proportions are all different, even between different deep dishes (Giordano’s is almost all cheese, where Lou Malnati’s has very little cheese at all, etc.). Agree with those who say it’s an on occasion thing though. Tavern style is where it’s at for my go to regular pizza. Even now in my 40s I still make sure I get one of those tiny corners lol. 

• Like 2